IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

So Netflix, YouTube and Blu-Rays then?

What was the game you got with it?

Twitch and Plex too, but also internet streaming for the footy. I don't plan on using it much for games like I said, but I'll probably cave at some point :)

the PS4 Pro had the latest wifi setup (AC instead of N) which is what my router has too, so hoping for better quality for better image and performance

Matt, I thought I read somewhere that the PS4 Pro was sensitive to yodelling but as you sorted the cable problem it obviously isn't. Keep the windows closed just to be sure though.

No yodelling but my singing voice isn't exactly the best, so I tend to express myself through my guitars :)

LANYARDS!!!!

Seriously. Everyone everywhere is wearing these ridiculous lanyards.

You're not an MI5 agent. You don't need special access to restricted areas and highly sensitive intelligence, you're a pencil pusher for the local council. You're job role is to lick envelopes.

Literally everyone who wears a lanyard outside of military intelligence is a hipster who wears ironic spectacles and goes skateboarding at the age of 42

Or they don't get a choice. Higher ups want people to wear them at all times even though for 'security' reasons. Even though that's what the security guards are paid for.

I had to look up what one was....

So did I.

But I agree there are a lot of them about and that's only from seeing them on people outside of their workplace. If you have to wear one for work why not take it off when you're outside of it?

I did a night school course (Adobe Illustrator) at Wirral Met and was given one to be able to access the building. It never bothered me. The most stressful thing was the photograph. I hate having my photo taken.

But why not just an ID card? Having it hung round your neck so you don't lose it is a bit like your mum using elastic to thread your gloves through your primary school blazer arms.

Discovered (wife trod in) small wet patch on the kitchen floor just now, wondering where it came from and a drip on my head told me :dry:. Investigation found a leaking radiator upstairs. Washing machine having died last week (new one being delivered tomorrow) wondering what's next as these things supposedly come in threes. Does the derby loss count? Hope so because then we'd be done.

went to see the company doctor today who was told some blatant lies about me. :mad:

The company want me to sort out my eyesight, and by coincidence I came home to get changed and a letter was there booking me in for surgery, so I went back to work and booked the time off. They told me NO they already had avionics people on holiday, so fuck them my health comes first and if they want to get rid of me I will be happy to go .... for a price.

BASTARDS :shaking fist:

in the end I got the time off.

Edited by Rubecula

it is real reading stories about it. the airlines kicked him and wife out to put their own airline staff on the flight. i don't know why they always overbook flights, it's terribile.

America's massive issue with airlines is they have a rule you can only have an airline if you based here. So unlike Europe/Asia where the likes of Emirates and Ryan air all compete for quality and price, in America it's a virtual monopoly. the airlines don't have to compete, there's only 4 of them, 3 bigs and 1 cheapo. you have to fly with them, no competition, they just all raise prices together and we have to stomach it.

so much for capitalism. more like cronyism.

I remember Richard Branson had to sell his stake in one of the companies because he didn't want an American passport.

Incidentally(!), I think US passport holders have to send a % of their income back to USA even if they don't live there. I'm not 100% on that though.

I remember Richard Branson had to sell his stake in one of the companies because he didn't want an American passport.

Incidentally(!), I think US passport holders have to send a % of their income back to USA even if they don't live there. I'm not 100% on that though.

yep that's true. have a friend that lives and works abroad and has to still pay US taxes even though he doesn't live there to keep the US passport.