IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

I had rats in the loft when I was at Uni, although at times they sounded like dogs. If you call the council they'll remove them for you, free of charge. Unless they're not rats in which case they'll charge you.

On the subject of insurance, mine was £1,600 until I turned 21 now it's a lot cheaper.

Edited by Kohen

Kit cars and classic cars tend to be good on insurance, normally because they dont do a lot of miles. The insurance may limit you to say 3,000 miles a year and knock a big chunk off.

haha i don't know my mate uses his every day lol, its an AC Cobra replica, bought it as an unfinished project, he just added an engine, some brakes and seats and that was it. some guy had started it then got bored.

haha i don't know my mate uses his every day lol, its an AC Cobra replica, bought it as an unfinished project, he just added an engine, some brakes and seats and that was it. some guy had started it then got bored.

Drool @ AC Cobra!!!

You can save hundreds buying on line.

As for company cars, don't you pay tax Steve?

Yeah but the tax is nothing really, im paying £242 a month "benefit in kind" all together for two cars (approx over £40k) insured, taxed and maintained, but then they dont need maintenance as they are replaced every six months.

Drool @ AC Cobra!!!

Yeah but the tax is nothing really, im paying £242 a month "benefit in kind" all together for two cars (approx over £40k) insured, taxed and maintained, but then they dont need maintenance as they are replaced every six months.

A new car every 6 months?????? I am defiantly in the wrong job!

Drool @ AC Cobra!!!

haha, yeah i know sadly its not the real thing but it looks and sounds very like one though, loads of scally boy racers round here, and they always try it on with my mate soon as they hear the engine noise, and they fail badly lol, incidently there is a place down the road from me that rents classic cars out, and you can hire an original AC Cobra for the day at a cost of £500!!!

My mate has also just ordered some new kitcar from Holland which is based around a Toyota MR2 and its a replica of a Lamborghini Reventon, crazy amount of work needed though, he reckons it will take at least a year to put it together.

Two new cars every six months.

I work for a car manufacturer, it helps.

I'm feeling the same today mate.

Just getting out of bed, on the plus side I don't have to go Xmas shopping! Result!!! ;)

Who said this was turning into a negative forum, if that's not a positive I don't know what is!! ;):)

Does your other half work for them as well Ste or is the second car an optional "perk"?

The second car is a perk. Shes a student Mike, and a damn lucky one I might add. Her first ever car was a £24,000 saloon, you know who I work for anyway Mike. I'm sure she will pay me back one day.

The second car is a perk. Shes a student Mike, and a damn lucky one I might add. Her first ever car was a £24,000 saloon, you know who I work for anyway Mike. I'm sure she will pay me back one day.

I do mate....was going to have a word with you about a gear-boxwink.pnglaugh.png .

Also, if you ever split up, will you go out with metongue.png ?

I do mate....was going to have a word with you about a gear-boxwink.pnglaugh.png .

Also, if you ever split up, will you go out with metongue.png ?

Drop me a PM or an email mate.

Oh yeah, you would have first choice on me Mike, but you would have to move to Preston with me like she did, and believe me, no one wants that!

Drop me a PM or an email mate.

Tongue in cheek....I do have problem with the gearbox but it's got its MOT next week and I'm selling it whatever the result. May need to be without a car for a couple of months (which will be strange) but this thing's such a money pit with petrol and insurance (only £28 per month but that's double what I'm used to) it's impossible to save to change it while I'm running it.

Might has well have another go at this given todays circumstances and I'm feeling in a vindictive mood

Was out shopping earlier and I could hardly concentrate on what items to purchase such was the level of horrible self-righteous shit that was coming from store tannoy systems, some miserable type kept coming on with this boring banal advertisement about something I couldn't remember, horrible christmas type music and a constant stream of disingenuous crap about how much they valued their customers and how great we were, 'oh you look lovely today shopper, come here and buy all our products, we love you', I wanted to vomit violent.gif

And while we're at it, people who feel they have an obligation to wish anyone and everyone they don't know a merry christmas shaking fist.png

It's like, oh, everyone is happy this time of year, no-one has a care in the world, it's christmas so automatically everything is right with the world. Fuck off. Maybe there's a level of apathy involved but some need to realize there's a great number out there coming up to the holidays and all who will be having a hard time of it, no money to get together, no-one to rely on, people out on the streets, suicidal intentions etc, who will find it a struggle to make it through to the new year never find have 'a happy christmas'

Really gets on my nerves sometimes, but saying that, a week or two from now, it'll all be over for another year violent.gif

Was behind someone in a queue in my local shop today and he was moaning to his mate about how much in debt Christmas has got him...couldn't afford it so lots run up on credit....he got to the counter and said, "Ten lucky dips for tonight please"laugh.png .

Was glad to see he had a plan in place for paying off the debtrolleyes.gif .

Anyway....what grinds my gears is wait for f'king ages in a line while people buy/check lottery tickets and all I want's a bottle of washing up liquidangry.png .

There should be a separate queue for mugs people who want to chuck their money down the toilet.

People who moan all year that the company dont do anything for them, then only 12 out of 45 staff turn up for the christmas meal, and even three managers didnt turn up, setting a great example.

The next person who moans about it is getting told!

We worked for a company called Steripak many years ago, and they gave us all a hamper for Christmas. Weeks later, we were all laid off, and the hamper costs was deducted from our final wages.dry.png

We worked for a company called Steripak many years ago, and they gave us all a hamper for Christmas. Weeks later, we were all laid off, and the hamper costs was deducted from our final wages.dry.png

Seriously Avin after reading that i will never ever moan about a company i work for, thats goto be the shittest thing ive heard a firm has done!!

Matching your clothes with your wife's when you already have your outfit sorted, grrr.

I have my outfit sorted for a Xmas do tonight, only to just be told that it won't match my wife's outfit and I have to find something that matches. Anyone else get this dilemma, it does my head in every time...

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

My Company paid for our do at the Tatton Christmas Party - Venetian Party which was ace, everyone was paid for!!

I took £50 and came back with £47, all drinks paid, meal, entertainment, then i got on the shuttle bus and headed off to the Cottons hotel in Knutsford and had a free stay too...so i can't complain...

One of the bosses complained a little when he got his credit card bill :lol:

Matching your clothes with your wife's when you already have your outfit sorted, grrr.

I have my outfit sorted for a Xmas do tonight, only to just be told that it won't match my wife's outfit and I have to find something that matches. Anyone else get this dilemma, it does my head in every time...

Tell her EW, she should have matched with you, and stick to it! See how she likes them apples man!

I always had a lot of respect for you, but now i'm finding it very hard not to be offensive and not to breach our rules. shaking fist.png

SECTION 1

Under no circumstances will topics on following be considered acceptable:

A - RACIST REMARKS

B - SEXIST REMARKS

C - HOMOPHOBIC REMARKS

D - SECTARIAN / RELIGIOUS ABUSE

E - TERMINAL ILLNESS

F - PERSONAL ABUSE / BULLYING

G - POSITIVE REMARKS ABOUT CLIVE THOMAS