IGNORED

Scunthorpe Away

davep1975

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely fucking delighted with that performance. Confident, sharp and incisive all over the park. Every player played well today

Howard - 8 - Made some very good, if unnecessary, point blank saves and his throwing was fantastic. Kicking was a bit hit or miss, though.

Hibbert - 8 - Great performance from Tony. A rock at the back with some great tackles. Bombed forward more than once and put in a couple of great balls.

Heitinga - 7 - Defensively solid, distribution was shite.

Distin - 8 - His usual rock-like self. Distributed well. Perhaps should have done better for their goal but not much you can do when the forward takes it first time like that.

Baines - 8 - Was neat and tidy and got forward well, if not as often as we're used to with right-footed Pienaar in front. When he did get forward he was marvellous and his finish was sublime.

Coleman - 8 - Sharp and very attack minded. Didn't have the beating of the Scunthorpe LB as he did with BAE and didn't have as big an impact as you might have expected but he was solid. Put in some good crosses, slipped Beckford through clear on goal and took his own headed goal very well for a RB/RM!

Osman - 7 - Solid and hardworking. Put pressure on the opposition midfield and was always looking to open his body and pass it forward. Caught in possession one too many times for my liking, however.

Fellaini - 9 - Dominated Scunthorpe from when he stepped on the pitch until he stepped off. Just pure class. And that flick for Baines was sheer brilliance. Back to his best. My MOTM

Bilyaletdinov - 7 - Well, well, well... what do we have here? I think we have a player. Was sharp, passing was much improved and he was flicking it around with a flair that Pienaar would have been impressed with. Didn't really impact the game enough to deserve an 8 but he always threatened that killer pass or goal and then we'd all be singing his praises.

Saha - 7 - Again found that space that he misses when we play 4-4-1-1. Took his shot well and even worked hard and was in some good positions throughout only for the pass/cross to be intercepted at the last minute. His short passing was, however, sloppy again. He needs to work on that, especially after it led to Spurs's disallowed goal during the week.

Beckford - 8 - Has everything you want in a forward. Pace, work-rate and an eye for both goal and space. Consistently worked himself into good positions but didn't convert. His one on one miss in particular was very poor. But he kept his giraffe-like neck/chin up and deservedly got his goal with a quality finish. Worked very hard to create space for others and his build up play was fantastic, and he created Coleman's goal. Hopefully he's shown Moyes what he can do now.

Moyes - 8 - Good selections. Put out a strong team and resisted the temptation to rest Saha and play 4-5-1. Gave Bilyaletdinov and Hibbert the chances they deserved and they paid him back handsomely. Wisely took off Fellaini, Saha and Coleman when the result was beyond doubt who were the three players most likely to get injured/tired/sent off. Gueye looked sharp when he came on too.

EDIT: On viewing the highlights it seems that it was Coleman who put Beckford through for the one-on-one. Bumping him up to an 8.

Edited by Ian C

how you managed to give distin an 8 and bily a 7 is beyond me...bily is garbage

I dont think Bily played garbage to be honest. He looked tidy and you can see he likes to cut inside from the wing which isn't his position don't forget. Distin could be blamed for the goal but has been in superb form so he needs a break.

i was all for him for ages, thought he'd come good, but when an average performance like that is his best for a while....

he didn't do a massive amount wrong, lost the ball a fair few times, but he didn't do anything particularly good either against weak opposition....just don't think he's got it

Roundy thinks he did a great job...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/01/09/baines-closing-the-gap

"Russian international Diniyar Bilyaletdinov played just ahead of Baines against the Iron and impressed in his first start since the 1-1 with Bolton in November.

Bilyaletdinov was lively in attack and Round believes he deserved a goal for his efforts in North Lincolnshire.

"I thought Bilyaletdinov was outstanding tonight," said Round.

"He's contributed in all sorts of attacking moves, it was just unfortunate that he didn't score."

I agree I thought it was Bilys best game for quite a while

Not exactly a high bar to get over....running onto the pitch without falling over made it his best game for a while :P .

He was OK....tidy is about right but you expect tidy from a player like Gosling (spit), from a £9m international we should expect a bit more.

Round has plainly got carried away with being given the interview duties....outstanding he wasn't.

Regarding Billy I totally disagree, I thought his slightly above average performance was a discredit to an international footballer. All he did was take the ball, control it and pass. When closed down not once did he try and take on the man, instead passing inside to the ever available fellaini. Fair enough if it was rafael or sagna, but this was s championship team, every time he receives the ball he appears flat footed. If he can't show any bottle against a lower league team then what hope do we have for him. Colemans attitude and spirit should shame him. Sell him.