IGNORED

Scunthorpe Away

davep1975

Hi 1st time poster, just wanted to say I have supported Everton all my life and made countless trips to Goodison and away games.

However i live in Scunthorpe and have also spent many a year watching them, when finances make it dificult to travel the M62, so forgive me for being nervous and sceptical about Saturday. Glanford Park is not an easy place to come for big teams in the cup, I have witnessed many a side struggle there we did in 97 lucky to come away with a 1-0 win. They have also made it hard from prem teams to beat them away just ask Chelsea, Birmingham and Man City.

I hope Moyes does not see this as an easy fixture and puts out possibly the same side that played brilliantly last night, though possibly with out Beckford.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Dave....moved your post into the match-day section :) .

Agree with you on the team and I'm pretty certain DM will.....he has no history of playing weakened teams in the FA Cup and he's not going to start now imo.

Cup games against lower leagues always make me nervous :unsure: .

Will the Derby the following week change his mind about team selection or will our only real chance of europe play a part, its hard to say what team he will select i can see him playing Yak, Billy and Ossie but not the youngsters to be honest.

If he sticks with 4-4-2 we should be ok.

I hope Moyes does not see this as an easy fixture and puts out possibly the same side that played brilliantly last night, though possibly with out Beckford.

I reckon give Beckford his chance to prove himself with a run of games. And find out once and for all.

Too bad he isn't Leon Best...

Welcome Dave....moved your post into the match-day section :) .

Agree with you on the team and I'm pretty certain DM will.....he has no history of playing weakened teams in the FA Cup and he's not going to start now imo.

Cup games against lower leagues always make me nervous :unsure: .

You and me both our track record against lower league sides is horrendous!

Last time I can remember Moyse pissing about with the team in an FA Cup game is Oldham at home so hopefully he has learnt his lesson and will put as strong a side out as possible.

I shall be taking the rare opportunity to miss a game, well Tenerife this time of year can be quite enticing. I can picture it now, as I sip a lime enfused San Miguel with a little paella watching Beckford netting the fourth in our 4-1 victory. Confidence not arrogance. :D

Love paella....had the best one ever in Madrid a couple of years back. Enjoy the trip....

I shall be taking the rare opportunity to miss a game, well Tenerife this time of year can be quite enticing. I can picture it now, as I sip a lime enfused San Miguel with a little paella watching Beckford netting the fourth in our 4-1 victory. Confidence not arrogance. :D

Lol You had better put down the San Miguel if you can see us geeting four at thier place, funny I never thought it was that strong myself

I too am no confident.. but oh how it will dent the pride of the players if we play the full first team and lose... Whatever the result we MUST beat The Shite, then the season will not look as bleak.. and I should think it'd be the end of Hodgson and a relegation scrap for them and all they can hope is that ManUtd don't get 19.. B)

My prediction is that we will win at cunthorpe 1-3, goals from Yak, Beckford and Bily.

Performance, not that important today, result is everything.

Saying that, both would be nice.

Obvious fact though, this is a massive game for Scunthorpe, their players will only see the reputation of the Everton players as a challange.If Fellaini, Pienaar and co think that any 50-50 tackle will be anything other than a war, then they are being very short sighted.

Everton players!....please remember, the Scunthorpe players want what you've got!!

Show them why they can't have it.

Fellaini to have a big say in todays battle.

No Pienaar on the bench...

Neville, Arteta, Gueye, Anichebe, Yakubu, Mucha, Rodwell

Looks like we might get to see Gueye on the left.

Holy shit. Leeds beating Arsenal. What is it about Leeds? Besides, we've got Beckford now, they can't score on miracle long balls anymore.

Been watching this game on Setanta Ireland before the Everton game. Bruce is having the game of his life alongside O'Brien, but he looks to have injured himself. Leeds would be a great side for Shane to go on loan to.