IGNORED

Baines Back In The England Squad

Romey 1878

There are some strange inclusions, as is custom with Capello.

Looks like another "can't be a winger, makes it as a full back, no good enough defensively so ends up a good winger" if you get me.

Bale, Coleman, Johnson (if the idiots realise it)

Sorry iPhone + ale + wine + steak and seeing Billy piper advert means I have to say walker is that failure at full back to come.

Edited by Hafnia2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Baines stars in stats game

thought i'd pop this in here..very very impressive..makes a strong case for him to be the best left back in europe and also mentions bale in the player of the year running and baines isn't...personally i think bale is well overrated..he can beat a man if he has 30 yards behind the defender to nail the ball into then run onto it

Yep, listened to talk sport lady night. Had my new most hated fans - arsenal., talking about him as some sort of "yeah, good player. Think we should buy him. Seen him recently, he takes free kicks too"

The usual irritating stuff that indicates that a good player at Everton is pretty much up for grabs if a top 4 team comes calling.

But onto baines, would I swap him for bale? You can't compare them. One is a cracking left midfielder, the other a cracking left back. I don't think bale is overrated, I think you need him to have an off day otherwise he will destroy most right backs. You certainly need the whole right flank working together to deal with him.

I think Bale and Baines and the left with Coleman/HibboNeville on the right would be a seriously dangerous force. Put Felli, Arteta, Ossie in Midfield and a top striker up front, and that team-sheet would scare most teams. Wonder if a swap deal with Peinaar and Billy for Bale was ever mooted.

bale has stood out to me against inter and that is it..and the only reason in my eyes is because maicon spends half his time up front and bale had 50 yards to run into..as that says he has 1 goal and 6 assists..i'm sorry i just don't see the big whoop with bale

completely agree. plus its an absolute joke he's considered for a premiership award because of it.

tell me what he does that is so amazing then? everytime i see him he does nothin apart from in the inter game and that is only 1 game..doesn't make a great player

He has terrorised defences all over Europe and he scored one of the best volleys I have ever seen in my life, think it was against Stoke away.

He has devastating pace, can beat defenders with ease, never stops runing can finish with either foot and takes a superb free kick but other than that yeah he is shit!

Oh and Matt I am hardly on my own in rating him if his fellow profesionals are about to vote him the player of the year and there are clubs all over Europe said to be ready to bid up to £30M for him in the summer

He has terrorised defences all over Europe and he scored one of the best volleys I have ever seen in my life, think it was against Stoke away.

He has devastating pace, can beat defenders with ease, never stops runing can finish with either foot and takes a superb free kick but other than that yeah he is shit!

Oh and Matt I am hardly on my own in rating him if his fellow profesionals are about to vote him the player of the year and there are clubs all over Europe said to be ready to bid up to £30M for him in the summer

I was refering to opinions on here. Noone has said hes shit, we are saying he is overrated and just because his fellow professionals think he's the dogs bollocks doesnt mean I have to agree. Its the same with Ashely Cole, never understood the hype but everyone thinks the sun shines out of his arse.

I think the volley from Jukebox was way better that Bales (which was a cracker too), so does that mean we shouldve sold him for 30+? All that devestating pace etc, he didnt exactly terrorise Pip or our defence did he? You could argue thats only 1-2 games where he was off the boil, but Ive only seen him play 1-2 games as youve described him, which is why i think he is overrated, amongst other reasons

Edited by Matt

all over europe, yet struggles against any decent prem players (as well as wes brown). he's got pace and a great shot but lacks in defence and brains. bit of a cross between walcott and coleman. If he's worth 30 mil coleman must be worth even more

He's not shit but nor is he the superstar he's been painted to be.

No I agree with you there.

Im not trying to make out he is in the same class as Messi or anything daft like that but he has performed exceptionally well for Spurs at home and abroad all season and to try and make out he has only had one really good game is ludicrous

Put it this way he would walk into our side