• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, we dont need Yakubu.

Happy with Bent, Pav & Fraizer.

No thanks!!!

I agree, he'd be a waste of money & space

I agree, we dont want to let him go and after visiting a Tottenham Hotspur Forum it seems they don't want him either. They said that Pavvy and Frazier are much better and don't really want him.

I think he should certainly be dropped for a few games but I don't think selling him should cross David Moyes's mind for a second, we need to keep him because after all he's a brilliant striker.

If all this interest in Vagner Love is true you have to wonder though.... do we really need Yak, Saha, Love Vic and Vaughan???

Vic and Vaughan will come good, but not this season, which means its just Yak and Saha, hopefully Louis is finding form that will last throughout the season and hell get into double figures, but Yak hasnt scored in 9 games, I'd take a striker with a 1 in 2 average in January for sure.

If Vagner Love comes to us (unlikely) then we could sell Anichebe and maybe look to sell Yakubu for some Moutinhio money. I mean, Saha and Love would be a great strike force. I don't want Yakubu to leave but I'm just seeing ways in which we would work without him.

Love was desperate to quit Moscow after trouble off the park. He and his family have had to employ bodyguards because of kidnap threats.

I was scanning round looking for news on him and Everton and came across this. Apparantly, like the box says he's desperate to leave CSKA because of personal problems. I mean, if he's desperate to leave then he should want to sign our contract as soon as possible. I don't know, it's all paper talk but I really hope we can close down this deal and get Love into the picture.

It wouldnt exactly be out of character if the Yak did want to leave after all hes had his 18months now and is starting to look like he did for Borro towards the end of his time there ie lazy and uninterested.

He also did the same at Pompey and Maccabi Haifa

I hope its just a spell he is going through but if it is he needs to snap out of it quickly

If we don't start performing I can see him wanting a move like this. With the shite service he is currently recieving then you could not really blame him for seeking a move elsewhere. I'm a little worried about this one. It no longer hugely matters what the club desiresso doesn't make a huge difference if we want to sell or not, the players now have too much power, Yak isn't really one for his great attitude, if he wanted a move i can see him being able to force once through.

We will hear alot more about this story IMO. I'm nervous.

If we don't start performing I can see him wanting a move like this. With the shite service he is currently recieving then you could not really blame him for seeking a move elsewhere. I'm a little worried about this one. It no longer hugely matters what the club desiresso doesn't make a huge difference if we want to sell or not, the players now have too much power, Yak isn't really one for his great attitude, if he wanted a move i can see him being able to force once through.

We will hear alot more about this story IMO. I'm nervous.

Bollocks to that!!! If the Yak doesnt start performing we should move him on anyway and he couldnt really blame Everton!

I would love nothing more than to see him return to form and start banging in the goals for us but Im worried that he has already decided he wantsa move and is up to his old tricks again

Not bothered one way or another on this one because if he is not scoring he does'nt offer much else to the team.

Would much rather see Vaughan given a run, his enthusiasm and running at least gives defenders something to worry about and in this modern game there is no place for "luxury" players, and if i was Moyes my message to the Yak would be .......

pull your finger out and show a bit of interest, otherwise you can fook off in january.

We would get our money back on him. (£12m) ?

PS........ Cahill is another Luxury player who is ok when scoring, but I wouldnt miss him if he went.

If we got what we paid and he did go then i would not be to botherd to be truthful and as Bill said Vaughan deserves a shot or we could see him leave if he keeps getting limited opportunities.

I can as Jamie most likely does see this happening i suspect we wont have much money come Jan and if his performances dont pick up its a logical move on both parts really and am sure we could find a better overseas player with 12-13mil.

Bollocks to that!!! If the Yak doesnt start performing we should move him on anyway and he couldnt really blame Everton!

I would love nothing more than to see him return to form and start banging in the goals for us but Im worried that he has already decided he wantsa move and is up to his old tricks again

Bollocks to that! Yakubu is our best striker, on form he's one of the best strikers in the league, I wouldnt swap him for any striker tottenham have, never mind sell him to them.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Bollocks to that! Yakubu is our best striker, on form he's one of the best strikers in the league, I wouldnt swap him for any striker tottenham have, never mind sell him to them.

When was he on form last ;) 10 or 11 games ago ? or has he ever been "on form".

I'm sure if James Vaughan had played for 15 games this season he would have notched more than 4 goals.

In those well known words of Jim Royle ..... OUR BEST STRIKER MY ARSE, not the way he's playing this season.

Yak's got 18 in 35 for us in the league. We haven't got another player who could get near that in my opinion (and not many in the prem could, full stop) - Saha could maybe come close if he stayed fit the whole season, but we'd be mad to rely on that given his injury record, Vaughan maybe maybe in years to come might start getting near there, but injuries again are a problem, Anichebe hahaha. There'd be no point selling Yak and replacing him with Vagner Love since we'd have no idea how he would perform in the Prem.

I agree much more with Bill's idea about Cahill (if a bid came in for some reason) - OK Yak doesn't do much when he's not scoring, but the same applies to Cahill and I think that's much more of a problem for a midfielder than a striker. I know Cahill comes up with crucial goals, but sometimes watching the games where he gets that crucial goal you wonder whether had there been a better player on the pitch instead of him we might have already scored three.

Edited by comeonblueboys

Got to disagree with you on this one Bill. I think he is our best striker, what that says about the rest of our stike force though, i don't know.

Vaughn has not progressed as much as we had hoped and thought, mainly due to injury, he could be our best striker but its too early to say.

Vic is, well, Vic is Vic and if he is our best striker then we're fucked.

Saha, is good, too early to say though.

Yak is, in my opinion, by far our best striker, he has been of form recently, but so has almost every other player in an Everton shirt.

There are 5 possibilities:

1) The Yak starts scoring but wants a move anyway, through which we lose a striker who can net 20 + goals a season and get a good price for it, allowing us to go for another striker.

2) The Yak continues the drought, at which claims will be heard of a dispassion at the club and a change of envrioment needed to spark him into life, through which we lose a striker netting only half a dozen goals this season and get a fair price, allowing us to fund a player on loan, maybe an option to buy.

3) The Yak starts scoring but doesn't want to move, sparking a transfer battle and a lot of attention to Everton, the latter creating a buzz and allowing us to attract slightly more high-profile players although still not being able to afford them.

4) The Yak doesn't start scoring and doesn't want a move away, to which end Moyes will babble about having faith in him and playing him every game. Vaughan will suffocate, Saha will hit double figures but won't be able to hodl the season together himself, and Anichebe will be loaned/sold in a bid to acquire funds for someone who will score.

5) Nothing will happen.

Personally I think the Yak needs another 4 or 5 by Christmas to prove he is worth hanging onto, because at this rate, there's little difference to putting The Yak on the field than an actual Yak, and I'm sure an actual would probably be a bigger threat :rolleyes:

am i the only one who thinks vaugahn is not what people are making him out to be? young? if he is old enough to fight in a war he is old enough to kick a ball around, its what he is paid to do. Vic imo has improved alot, i didnt rate him one bit, now i like seeing him come off the bench, he is big and strong, maybe not the best of finishers but does play alright.

Edited by aaron

It wouldnt exactly be out of character if the Yak did want to leave after all hes had his 18months now and is starting to look like he did for Borro towards the end of his time there ie lazy and uninterested.

He also did the same at Pompey and Maccabi Haifa

I hope its just a spell he is going through but if it is he needs to snap out of it quickly

Well for me I would like Yakubu to stay. He is our best striker and I think life without him would be hard. He's proved, last season, that he knows where the net is and I remember last season he had a long drout before he started scoring. We should keep him, but drop him for the Boro game to let him know his place in the team.

If he wants to go then obviously he can. He ain't bigger than the team and if we did sell him for the £15 million+ that I would expect from him we could look for Love and other strike force targets. This could be a strong rumour because of Spur's crap attack.

PS........ Cahill is another Luxury player who is ok when scoring, but I wouldnt miss him if he went.

People think I'm mad when I say this, but if we got an offer from Manchester United/Arsenal/Chelsea for £10 million+ I would snap thier arm off, Cahill is great when he is scoring, but if he left I woulden't miss him. Sell Cahill Sign Moutinhio, no problem,

Vic is, well, Vic is Vic and if he is our best striker then we're fucked.

Vic is the one that should be sold, he's the useless one that isn't good enough for the Premiership.

Luckily we have Fellaini, Osman, Lescott, Arteta, Saha and Cahill who will hopefully combined bag somewhere around 30 goals this season, but really adding Yak's name to that should put us closer 50+ goals.

If anyone has been impressed by his form, then slap yourseleves cause hes played shite. Hopefully he'll find some form but at the moment all he's finding is Aunt Bessies secret recipe for sweet FA.

Agreed the Yak has played shit but has anyone bar our defence played well this season? we have had 3 fortunate wins on the run, not dominating wins where the Yak has missed a hatful of chances. Yak is by far our best striker followed by Saha and then i would say Cahill.

Vic and Vaughan will never make it at a top club IMO if they where good enough they would be playing week in week out like Rooney, Gabby at Villa etc....

Have to agree with Bill Re Cahill aswell he is not suited to 4-4-2.

Edited by scouse

I'm not the biggest fan of Yakubu, but have to admit that an in form well supplied Yak is a very dangerous animal.Thing is he's not particually on form due to Evertons form in general.Sure he's lazy and can and has given the ball away leading to opponents scoring twice this season, but as a forward with a player like Gerrard behind him will always score goals.

If we can get our act together and actually give him good service....and at the same time NOT give him the ball in his own half, to then give away, I'd say stick with him at present.

Our poor form at present would suit a player more like AJ was, because we tend to bang the ball forward without too much thought, the Yak can't chase and cause trouble like AJ could.

What type of forward and how successful he is,is affected by how the team are playing.

Vaughan has great potential, but is injury prone.When he plays he causes opponents plenty of problems and will always score goals.Moyes is just being carefull with him and if he can out grow his problems, which is possible, then he will make the grade.

Anichebe, has improved his all round game by about 50%, maybe not scored enough goals, but the improvement is there.He's the new Carsley in that some just don't want him at Goodison.He cost us nothing and his wages aren't going to be that high, he's raw and young, we would be stupid not to see what the next couple of seasons could do to him.Big holding forwards aren't usually the ones that hit their peak early, as there's much more to learn than standing on a defenders shoulder and running.

Neither would I. My point is that it shouldnt be a case of Everton improving just to appease the Yak it should be the other way around.

i cant believe anyone is questioning yaks form in a team that is simply not providing him with chances.

its been a long time since we had a forward who has scored 20 goals in a season in a blue shirt.

i am truely shocked.

if its hard work we want then lets just bring back marcus bent