IGNORED

Yakubu

i cant believe anyone is questioning yaks form in a team that is simply not providing him with chances.

its been a long time since we had a forward who has scored 20 goals in a season in a blue shirt.

i am truely shocked.

if its hard work we want then lets just bring back marcus bent

No one is questioning his ability to score, or the poor form of the team at present, but the Yak's workrate has been poor to say the least. Yes he needs to get good passes and be set up in goalscoring opportunities to have a chance at scoring but when he's on the field he reacts slowly, he rarely pressures the opposition defence and he doesn't show willing to get on the ball and cause problems.

Vaughan isn't ready to be our main striker, but look at him whenever he comes on. He runs his arse off threatening the opposition and whenever we have possesion they get worried because there's someone who is going to cause problems. Part and parcel of being a good striker is being good at creating pressure on any defence.

I know we hate the red shite but the best example i can remember seeing this season is Robbie Keane against Man U, for the whole time he was on he ran circles around the manure defense, everytime vidic or ferdinand had the ball he gave em 1 or 2 secconds before they had to pass it otherwise he was on top of them. It's these situations where they can make mistakes, instead of playing fluent football they might hoof it downfield, or panic and make a poor pass that can lead to a goal like sidwell did on sunday. And Tuncay, who will cause us similar problems, was straight on that ball going for goal and he got it.

The Yak on his day is at the top with the best strikers in the league, but he just simply isn't going that extra mile. Saha did against West Ham, and set up a goal as well as netting 2 of his own; and I dont think it's just me who thinks if it was Yakubu in that game instead of Saha we would have walked away with 1-0 or worse. The Yak may be good, but you can't pin the blame solely on the midfield not supplying him. If Yakubu ran his arse off and drag defenders away from the midfield when we attacked creating space instead of standing around waiting to get fed who knows we might end up sneaking a few more passes and then shots through. Sorry but I think you give as good as you get and if Yakubu was on form then he'd get the goals, same as Saha did.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand what your saying, but workrate has never been part of yaks game. we all knew that when we signed him.

i think the chant "feed the yak and he will score" is very true, the lad wont feed himself.

if the yak ran his arse off pulling defenders out of position, then he wont be in the box himself. i always think you need a runner and a waiter.

the best example in the prem for me, kuyt and torres last season. kuyt would run his arse off like a hunchbacked bellend, leaving space for the waiter, torres, to exploit. i think vaughan could be a great foil for the yak

i understand what your saying, but workrate has never been part of yaks game. we all knew that when we signed him.

i think the chant "feed the yak and he will score" is very true, the lad wont feed himself.

if the yak ran his arse off pulling defenders out of position, then he wont be in the box himself. i always think you need a runner and a waiter.

the best example in the prem for me, kuyt and torres last season. kuyt would run his arse off like a hunchbacked bellend, leaving space for the waiter, torres, to exploit. i think vaughan could be a great foil for the yak

Haha, another spanish waiter at Liverpool huh!

• 1 year later...

Saha yes Yak No No No

Really?

I would have thought it to be the other way around. I would rather give up the Yak than Saha. In saying that though, I don't know if I want him to go. He didn't give me much to cheer about in the last season, so if they were to bring in another striker of awesomeness...

I just don't know. I'm being torn in two different directions!

totally agree...saha is older and does not look arsed

You could say the same about the Yak most of the time

Dont get me wrong I dont really want him to go but if a decent bid came in and it meant us getting a top class forward I would help him pack his bags, or Saha's for that matter!

Yak linked to West Ham now as well

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/38343/Everton_star_on_Hammers_radar.aspx

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Dont get me wrong I dont really want him to go but if a decent bid came in and it meant us getting a top class forward I would help him pack his bags, or Saha's for that matter!

Welcome to 8AM this morning in this very thread :lol:.

not this season..since saha got that contract he just looks to be pickin up a wage now...as for the yak he looks fitter and more arsed than he ever has! usually by this point at a club he is trying to get away but he looks more determined to prove summat here

not this season..since saha got that contract he just looks to be pickin up a wage now...as for the yak he looks fitter and more arsed than he ever has! usually by this point at a club he is trying to get away but he looks more determined to prove summat here

To be fair he has shown a few glimpses of wanting to prove something in recent weeks, I just hope that that something wasnt that he was worth a place in Nigeria's World Cup squad and thats it

To be fair he has shown a few glimpses of wanting to prove something in recent weeks, I just hope that that something wasnt that he was worth a place in Nigeria's World Cup squad and thats it

he'd have got in regardless i reckon..he's been in for years and has been a lazy cunt for years so a couple months of tryin wouldnt change that...i believe it was to show he is worthy of staying at this club! in the light of saha bangin them in for the first half of the season perhaps he was worried he would be shipped out..either way he's a good age and proven at the top level that he can score goals and with a great creative force in that midfield next season he will be back up to the 20 mark at least

Let's face the facts:

The Yak is lazy. He was only trying because he had been injured for almost a year and had to prove to the New Nigeria manager that he had regained fitness. If we get a solid bid like 15 million from West Ham. Which I think is fair cause we bought him for 11.25 million I think it was. Why not take the money. With that money Moyes can find a great target man for 8 or so milllion and we can get a world class speedy winger like Bystrov from Russia.

Sounds like good business to me

If we get a solid bid like 15 million
why would they offer such a high amount for a player who has been out for 11 months and still not proved that he is back to his best and is also 2 years older (therefore a smaller sell on value)
Moyes can find a great target man for 8 or so milllion and we can get a world class speedy winger like Bystrov from Russia.

It would cost a lot more than 7 million for bystrov he is almost a definate in russia's starting 11 your talking more about the 14 mill mark.

Rant over :P

Edited by Andy Campbell

Tbh unless you are going to cough up 20-30mil I dont think you will find too many strikers better than Yakubu.

Yes he is lazy, but as Mark says when hes on form, he is one of the best strikers in the league which his goal scoring record proves. I wouldnt sell him, I wouldnt sell Saha and to be honest I wouldnt get rid of Vic or JV either.

I dont mean to sound pesimistic but the only way we could afford a real world class striker who would want to come to the club, would be to buy him young and make him into a world class striker.

before he got injured he was easily our best striker for 20 years! instead of just moving him on, why not save a few quid and work with him to get back to that level?

for a start, fuck running the channels, get back to being an in the box striker!

before he got injured he was easily our best striker for 20 years! instead of just moving him on, why not save a few quid and work with him to get back to that level?

for a start, fuck running the channels, get back to being an in the box striker!

Amen!

There are still sensible people left!

spot on mate! problem is that is when people pipe up givin it the big one about him bein lazy

2 seasons ago that was probably true but when he got injured he was playing like a lazy sod who was totally uninterested in playing for Everton and looking for a move.

At that time Harry Redknapp was rumoured to be interested in taking him to Spurs in the January window and back then I would have been happy to see him go because he looked for all the world to be doing his normal trick of wanting away after 18 months and sulking to get his way

However I do agree that if we could get him back to the level he was at before then it would be well worth keeping him. Him being accused of being lazy doesnt equate to him not running the channels. He put plenty of effort into his game in that first season and the goals followed thats all I would ask of him is a bit of effort and to be fair during the last few weeks of the season he was putting in the effort