IGNORED

Yakubu

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the 9mil is true then the yak is gone, there's no point holding onto him for another season because it's a massive risk as to whether he'll recover his best form. If we get 9 million for him then at least we can try and get another striker, though I agree finding one as good as the yak can be for 9-10 mil is almost impossible. Saying that we do have Saha who can play for the most part if he avoids injury who I personally feel is more consistent when fit than the yak.

If the 9mil is true then the yak is gone, there's no point holding onto him for another season because it's a massive risk as to whether he'll recover his best form. If we get 9 million for him then at least we can try and get another striker, though I agree finding one as good as the yak can be for 9-10 mil is almost impossible. Saying that we do have Saha who can play for the most part if he avoids injury who I personally feel is more consistent when fit than the yak.

Bingo....

^ I was about to say the same thing.. I was thinking, Yobo's doing awesome!! then he heads it straight to the Greek..

Would be interested to hear why Kaita kicked out at the greek who ended up getting the winning goal... I thought he made a meal of it (as if he was gunna get compo for a hurt back etc).. but still, gotta keep your anger in check!

^ I was about to say the same thing.. I was thinking, Yobo's doing awesome!! then he heads it straight to the Greek..

Would be interested to hear why Kaita kicked out at the greek who ended up getting the winning goal... I thought he made a meal of it (as if he was gunna get compo for a hurt back etc).. but still, gotta keep your anger in check!

that's the problem with yobo i've always been a big fan of his..he has everythin you could want really he's quick, tall, strong, good in the air and has a great leap but you can always expect a lapse from him every game and at the level we want to be at it ain't good enough...as for yakubu he should have scored his chance but he still doesn't look fully fit to me and he hasn't been known for his running that much and was playing in a 10 man team for most the match so was never gonna have a great game i guess

that's the problem with yobo i've always been a big fan of his..he has everythin you could want really he's quick, tall, strong, good in the air and has a great leap but you can always expect a lapse from him every game and at the level we want to be at it ain't good enough...

....Agreed, he often looks like a world beater then bends down to tie his bootlaces while the opposing striker passes! shame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know has Yakubu had any time during pre season???

I think we've gotta get rid & use the £££ to get Donovan, DEFO!!!

He looks like our only saleable asset (albeit) maybe Yobo as well but IMO cant seee Moyes letting that happen, so it'd be like for like (striker wise) although not because It'd be swapping a lazy un-motivated player for the exact opposite again IMO!!!

Edited by drs08