IGNORED

Yakubu

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything near what we paid would be acceptable in my opinion.

I would love to have heard the phone conversation:

Gold & Sullivan: So Bill we'd like to make you an offer for Yakubu...

BK: Ok, I'm listening.

G&S: 5 million....

BK: 5 million!?! Go fuck yourselves sirs!!!

:lol:

Says the man who wanted to get rid of Piennar for £6M last year!

wasn't last year, wasn't 6 million. i didn't want to sell pienaar last year, but i want rid now...but regardless, thats nothing compared to that pathetic shout of swapping the yak for carlton fucking cole

wasn't last year, wasn't 6 million. i didn't want to sell pienaar last year, but i want rid now...but regardless, thats nothing compared to that pathetic shout of swapping the yak for carlton fucking cole

:blink:

Posted 01 Mar 2009 - 16:56

personally i think asking anywhere near 10 million is ajoke. around and just over6 million is a fair price for pienaar, he cost in the region of 2 and hasn't exactly set the world alight. handsome profit, if we could swap pienaa for say kranjcar (quoted at around 6) then it would be a good piece of business IMO

Posted 01 Mar 2009 - 17:50

why would it be a disgrace? i really can't see that logic. he cost 2 has he done enough to triple his value? really? he's a good player but since his initial loan h's been hit and miss to say the least, he doesn't get many assists and he doesn't score. i like him as a player because he's decent on the ball but to say 6mwould be a disgrace considering what we paid and what he's delivered i just don't see that reasoning.

at no point did i say in either of those quotes i wanted to sell pienaar. i said what would be a fair price IF we were to sell pienaar. and i like kranjcar, but swapping and selling are very different things. i was suggesting that if we could replace him it wouldn't be so bad, but i wouldn't have sold him...i would now though.

i would still entertain a swap deal with kranjcar, but i would probably rather have bentley now with bily in the team

Edited by CraccerC

at no point did i say in either of those quotes i wanted to sell pienaar. i said what would be a fair price IF we were to sell pienaar. and i like kranjcar, but swapping and selling are very different things. i was suggesting that if we could replace him it wouldn't be so bad, but i wouldn't have sold him...i would now though.

i would still entertain a swap deal with kranjcar, but i would probably rather have bentley now with bily in the team

Lol In that case

honestly, it's like some of you never watched a game of football in your life...... only rating Piennar at £6M!

He rated him at about 6m last season.. can you honestly say at that same time that he was worth 15-20m (or considerably more than 6m)? He's come on leaps and bounds in 09/10, proving a lot of doubters wrong... it's just a pity about his twat of an agent!

Edited by inertia8

I dont beleive we will have no transfer budget, we have spent money every season so I'm sure there will be funds made available this season.

We have not spent money every season. We've spent something like £5m net since Moyes joined.

Yakkubu was a waste of space last season. No effort no pace no goals, If we can get anywhere near £10m it will be a good deal to put towards a ecent striker or creative/pacey midfielder

I totally agree with this. The Yak has got quality in him and i know he was injured for a while but if there is money anywhere that mark i would bite their hand off. I like the Yak but he is a nigerian 26/27 and doesnt really suit our style of play now. Cash in on him while clubs are snooping round as long as it is around that 10million mark and we have a quality striker lined up to replace him. Zarate from lazio i think would be a great buy! But i can only dream! He was at Birmingham a few years ago and done well, so he is used to the league and he is fast, has a eye for goal and has unbelieveable TEKKERS!!! doubt we could afford him but he was reported to be unhappy at lazio and lets face it italian football is wank. Get him in the blue n white and it could prove to be immense!

Yakkubu was a waste of space last season. No effort no pace no goals, If we can get anywhere near £10m it will be a good deal to put towards a ecent striker or creative/pacey midfielder

I totally agree with this. The Yak has got quality in him and i know he was injured for a while but if there is money anywhere that mark i would bite their hand off. I like the Yak but he is a nigerian 26/27 and doesnt really suit our style of play now. Cash in on him while clubs are snooping round as long as it is around that 10million mark and we have a quality striker lined up to replace him. Zarate from lazio i think would be a great buy! But i can only dream! He was at Birmingham a few years ago and done well, so he is used to the league and he is fast, has a eye for goal and has unbelieveable TEKKERS!!! doubt we could afford him but he was reported to be unhappy at lazio and lets face it italian football is wank. Get him in the blue n white and it could prove to be immense!

i dont like Yak but even im not blind enough to see that infact he did score goals last season and ive even conceeded that in the last few games, he seemed to up his saunter to a run. Maybe next season we will see the Yak we had in the 1st season but with a bit more effort.

I would still sell him for 10m but purely from a financial point of view.

i dont like Yak but even im not blind enough to see that infact he did score goals last season and ive even conceeded that in the last few games, he seemed to up his saunter to a run. Maybe next season we will see the Yak we had in the 1st season but with a bit more effort.

I would still sell him for 10m but purely from a financial point of view.

I agree, i would love to see Yak in the form he shown when he 1st joined the club. But he only scored 5 goals last season in which he played 25 games (16) coming by substitute so he has played a fair amount of games. He has undiniable quality but i think if the price is right (brucey bonus) we should sell.

the yak had a very serious injury, and now everybody wants to just write him off before his value goes even lower! i guess every player who misses a yar of football is just a write off then?

yeah last season he wasnt great, but he just come off the back of a ruptured achilles, not like it was just a thigh strain!

a fit yak was amongst the top scorers in the league about four years on the trott, must be worth giving him the chance to get back to that?!

if it cant be done, what happened to Ruud Van Nistelrooy before he signed for united?

you only came to schee the vindmills ;) (no one will know what that means, it was what the guy at reception in the amsterdam hotel said to a 19 year old stevo and his three mates on arrival)

I think he said that to me too... :blink: After he handed me the mushrooms and concluded with huge man eating bunnies that may run after me and the best way of getting away, was to jump into the river stark bollock naked and hope they can't swim. I politely handed them back...

the yak had a very serious injury, and now everybody wants to just write him off before his value goes even lower! i guess every player who misses a yar of football is just a write off then?

yeah last season he wasnt great, but he just come off the back of a ruptured achilles, not like it was just a thigh strain!

a fit yak was amongst the top scorers in the league about four years on the trott, must be worth giving him the chance to get back to that?!

if it cant be done, what happened to Ruud Van Nistelrooy before he signed for united?

Exactly. They actually said when he did his injury that it would take him around a year to get back to full fitness and form after his first appearance back in training. Its something along the lines of that he needs to rebuild the elasticity in the achilies which will be a problem Beckham will have.

When we get the ball down and play, Yakubu is our best striker by far and as I have said before I would be devastated if we sold him.

Exactly. They actually said when he did his injury that it would take him around a year to get back to full fitness and form after his first appearance back in training. Its something along the lines of that he needs to rebuild the elasticity in the achilies which will be a problem Beckham will have.

When we get the ball down and play, Yakubu is our best striker by far and as I have said before I would be devastated if we sold him.

The problem is his form and attitude were piss poor before he got injured.

Fair enough in the last couple of games he was showing signs of getting back to the player he was in his first season but the question is, was that down to him wanting to fight for his place at Everton or was it just to fight for his place on the plane to South Africa?

If he wants to put the effort in then great keep him, but if he is doing his usaul ie plays well for 18 months then gets bored and looks for a move then we should ship him out