IGNORED

Yakubu

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes on Yak

He added: “Yakubu's record in the Premier League is as good as anybody. If he is still here I will definitely use him. Hopefully he continues to score goals in the Premier League.”

If a £8-10m bid is recieved that'll be the end of the Yak at GP I'd imagine. I wonder if Moyes has someone lined up as he stated at the start of the summer he wanted a 'goal scorer' (probably the best way to describe Yak!) - I just think Yak's ready for another move, he's never really stuck around more than 2 seasons at any club.

• 2 weeks later...

The players refer to him as King Louis i think that tells you why he shouldnt be sold ahead of the Yak!! For me Saha has that summat else call it the x factor if you like and not many players have it! Altho when hes not up for it christ he can be annoying!

To be fair I think they only call him that because there was a King Loius and he was French. If there was a King Yakubu from Nigeria, I think you might see the same nickname... :P

To be fair I think they only call him that because there was a King Loius and he was French. If there was a King Yakubu from Nigeria, I think you might see the same nickname... :P

I always thought it was a reference to the ape king out of the Jungle Book :unsure:

I'd agree with the 'W' teams going down but you've got to look at Blackpool too, for all they beat Wigan 4-0, and for all it was against a top Arsenal side they looked shite from the word go. Some of the players like Coleman (Everton) and Campbell (Birmingham) that helped them come up are not longer at their team so I'd expect them to be there or round abouts.

I'd agree with the 'W' teams going down but you've got to look at Blackpool too, for all they beat Wigan 4-0, and for all it was against a top Arsenal side they looked shite from the word go. Some of the players like Coleman (Everton) and Campbell (Birmingham) that helped them come up are not longer at their team so I'd expect them to be there or round abouts.

Blackpool will certainly be down there but they can play very good football, i think they will survive. By all accounts they were destroyed at Arsenal by an inspired Walcott and a silly sending off (though havent seen it, just what the BBC said).

Guest blueboy122

West Ham need to look at the market if they dont think that yakubu is worth 9 million as somebody has previously pointed out fletcher from Burnley went for 8 million and he has had one season in the premier league! Yakubu has been in the prem for a good few years now and has scored goals where ever he has been ableight past two seasons for us as he has been coming back from injury etc and then couldnt get into the team due to saha's form last year, what did darren bent sell for last season? i would think that the price would be nearer to his.

West Ham need to look at the market if they dont think that yakubu is worth 9 million as somebody has previously pointed out fletcher from Burnley went for 8 million and he has had one season in the premier league! Yakubu has been in the prem for a good few years now and has scored goals where ever he has been ableight past two seasons for us as he has been coming back from injury etc and then couldnt get into the team due to saha's form last year, what did darren bent sell for last season? i would think that the price would be nearer to his.

Not a chance ! Darren Bent is fast strong and has been banging them in for fun for a while now. Yak is fat slow and done fuck all for 2 years ( has been woeful long before his injury)

Fair enough the Yak in the form of his first season with us is definately quality but will he ever be bothered enough to get back to that level

Yakubu so far;

Maccabi Hafia: 4 years (including 2 loans to differant clubs)

Portsmouth: 2 years

Middlesbrough: 2 years

Everton: 3 years +

Like it has been said before he dosen't stay loyal to any one club and I can't see him grabbing us more goal so we might aswell cash in on him ASAP. Although it has been said by Steve Round that he and Yobo won't leave anytime soon.

Yakubu so far;

Maccabi Hafia: 4 years (including 2 loans to differant clubs)

Portsmouth: 2 years

Middlesbrough: 2 years

Everton: 3 years +

Like it has been said before he dosen't stay loyal to any one club and I can't see him grabbing us more goal so we might aswell cash in on him ASAP. Although it has been said by Steve Round that he and Yobo won't leave anytime soon.

I agree, and the only reason hes been here so long is because of his injury. He has already gone on record as saying he was dissapointed that his move to Spurs fell through because of his injury