IGNORED

Yakubu

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think if you look at the situation... Yakubu is 28 years old, proven premier league experience and scores goals wherever he goes including Leicester on loan. So what's the catch? surely we don't need to look elsewhere for a striker because we have one already on a decent contract who should still have at least 3 or 4 years left in him at the highest level. right???..... wrong, the fact is Yakubu cannot be 28, there is no way that a player who should be at the peak of his career should be having so many weight problems and motivational problems. My guess is that he is around 34-35 and unfortunately he has tricked clubs into signing him and we are left with a waster, if he was really 28 then a whole host of high quality clubs would be coming in for him because his record speaks for itself. So he has no future with us because he is older than stated and we must get as much as we can for him as soon as possible

Edited by EvertorialArmy

I can't see the issue people have with Yak. So from what I can see first season he played a blinder and no-one questioned his fitness. I don't think he has ballooned in the other seasons and since his injury he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. In contrast sicknote saha is given chance after chance without scoring and then does get into form and gets injured. It's clear I am a fan of Yak and not saha but do people really think last season he was given a fair crack of the whip. Yak has never slated the club in the press and I just feel given a good pre-season to get his fitness and form why he can't have another 20 goal season.

The same can be said of vaughn and anichbe. Why was vaughn (when fit) not given a proper run in the side. This is my one problem with Moyes he has favorites and does always pick on form Arteta is a prime example.

I can't see the issue people have with Yak. So from what I can see first season he played a blinder and no-one questioned his fitness. I don't think he has ballooned in the other seasons and since his injury he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. In contrast sicknote saha is given chance after chance without scoring and then does get into form and gets injured. It's clear I am a fan of Yak and not saha but do people really think last season he was given a fair crack of the whip. Yak has never slated the club in the press and I just feel given a good pre-season to get his fitness and form why he can't have another 20 goal season.

The same can be said of vaughn and anichbe. Why was vaughn (when fit) not given a proper run in the side. This is my one problem with Moyes he has favorites and does always pick on form Arteta is a prime example.

Fitness was never Yaks strong point wherever he has played, finding the back of the net was, he's a sit in the box poacher who when he gets the ball in certain areas there is a high chance he will find the back of the net, lets face it, we could do alot worse.

Fitness was never Yaks strong point wherever he has played, finding the back of the net was, he's a sit in the box poacher who when he gets the ball in certain areas there is a high chance he will find the back of the net, lets face it, we could do alot worse.

Yaks problem in all fairness wasnt fitness it was attitude when he cant be arsed everyones aware of it, coz when he cant never has a lazier bloke played up front for us! It cant be just me that sees that can it?

Edited by smeghead1

The problem I have with the Yak is that he clearly doesnt want to play for Everton

He has had plenty of chances since his injury and he just doesnt seem up to it and lets not forget how poor he was before he got injured anyway

He had a great first season once Moysie managed to convince him that he had to put a bit of effort in but since then he has looked a shadow of his former self. You might be right and maybe with a good preseason (and a change in attitude) he could get his fitness and form back. Unfortunately history would suggest that is not likely to happen though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At £4m they would be potentially getting a striker who will get the promotion on the cheap. I would go £4m plus £3m if they get promotion to the premier league. Is the £4m the magic number needed for the nzogbia downpayment?. Bluekipper seem to think Charlie Is waiting for us as he is settled in north west...

If we do sign nzogbia I hope the likes of peoplesgroup sustain pressure, it's not about signings for me. The bigger picture.