IGNORED

Yakubu

It's a no win situation, if he scores enough in the championship people will discredit the stats because it's easier than the prem. If he doesn't give a good return (sulks at the surroundings etc) then many will think he is finished. This move will do nothing for his valuation, maybe only his appeal.

In short he is far too an accomplished striker to be plying his trade at championship standard, his stock will fall as a result of this - the only benefit would be if we were thinking of holding on to him and to get him fit, however I don't think so. I would sooner have loaned him to West Ham, he would score goals there as their midfield is not too shoddy and parker would provide great service for him (ball to feet) with cole being a good foil.

The apparent situation with Everton now is like when losing at monopoly, you know the opponent is building houses and hotels, you are trying to sell Mayfair in order to complete the set of train stations - your only chance.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a no win situation, if he scores enough in the championship people will discredit the stats because it's easier than the prem. If he doesn't give a good return (sulks at the surroundings etc) then many will think he is finished. This move will do nothing for his valuation, maybe only his appeal.

In short he is far too an accomplished striker to be plying his trade at championship standard, his stock will fall as a result of this - the only benefit would be if we were thinking of holding on to him and to get him fit, however I don't think so. I would sooner have loaned him to West Ham, he would score goals there as their midfield is not too shoddy and parker would provide great service for him (ball to feet) with cole being a good foil.

The apparent situation with Everton now is like when losing at monopoly, you know the opponent is building houses and hotels, you are trying to sell Mayfair in order to complete the set of train stations - your only chance.

i dont think it would affect his value etc, he is a proven striker in the league but everyone after such a bad injury has to prove themselves again - theres never a guarentee that you can get back to the form pre-injury. The only way to do that is to prove it, since hes not getting the opportunity with us let him do it somewhere else, doesnt matter thats its the league below (where West Ham are headed). We cant lose on this one: we either get a reinvigorated Yak back at the end of the season which will justify either a starting place or the valuation we have on him or we are in the same position - lazy overpaid git sitting on the bench.

I think people have forgotten how crap the Yak can be and cling to the 1 season were he was good. He only looked ok this season because everyone else was shite and we were desperate for alternatives. I am clearly not his biggest fan and never have been but i was hoping he would get a chance to get a run, he did look ok in those few appearences, but only ok and thats maybe generous. I called for him to be given a chance because it was the last roll of the dice in my opinion.

Ive always said too, i hope he proves me wrong. I just have no faith that he will.

people talk like we're the only prem club he's ever played for..he scored goals for boro and portsmouth and was the top scorer behind henry in the space of 4 seasons..a donkey doesn't do that..he hasn't had a fair crack since his injury

As I said in my original post, it doesnt matter what we think it what Moyes thinks and he doesnt rate him so he wont play him so I would rather have him off the wage bill as it seems that Saha, Beckford, Cahill and even Vic are ahead of him in the pecking order.

i dont think it would affect his value etc, he is a proven striker in the league but everyone after such a bad injury has to prove themselves again - theres never a guarentee that you can get back to the form pre-injury. The only way to do that is to prove it, since hes not getting the opportunity with us let him do it somewhere else, doesnt matter thats its the league below (where West Ham are headed). We cant lose on this one: we either get a reinvigorated Yak back at the end of the season which will justify either a starting place or the valuation we have on him or we are in the same position - lazy overpaid git sitting on the bench.

I think people have forgotten how crap the Yak can be and cling to the 1 season were he was good. He only looked ok this season because everyone else was shite and we were desperate for alternatives. I am clearly not his biggest fan and never have been but i was hoping he would get a chance to get a run, he did look ok in those few appearences, but only ok and thats maybe generous. I called for him to be given a chance because it was the last roll of the dice in my opinion.

Ive always said too, i hope he proves me wrong. I just have no faith that he will.

I disagree, he has not been played in the right manner, balls lumped up in the air to him, lone striker etc. As a finisher he is one of the best in the league, his sporadic and baffling use has clearly left him overweight, lacking sharpness and confidence. Get him fit, play him - plays well in two consecutive games then dropped...

He clearly is a player that requires some man management of the TLC kind, it's clear he spits the dummy out when not feeling wanted - why would he want to go to West Ham? To rejoin a manager he clearly enjoyed working with - an affable easy going character as opposed to drill instructor. He is not an £11m striker for nothing, Redknapp would not have been interested in him despite a relative embarrasment of striking riches compared to us. Being loaned out to Leicester will no doubt leave him feeling insulted, I know I would be, considering the manager stuck by Saha past the point of being given a chance. Let's face it, Saha didn't enjoy the formation of 4-5-1 with Cahill roaming his territory and he let it show in the performances. That would have twisted the knife for Yak no doubt.

his sporadic and baffling use has clearly left him overweight, lacking sharpness and confidence.

Im sorry but playing 90 minutes of a weekend wouldnt leave you overweight, he stills trains everyday with the rest of the squad, I dont see how his weight issue is linked to not playing. Sharpness and confidence agree but weight i cant.

I disagree, he has not been played in the right manner, balls lumped up in the air to him, lone striker etc. As a finisher he is one of the best in the league, his sporadic and baffling use has clearly left him overweight, lacking sharpness and confidence. Get him fit, play him - plays well in two consecutive games then dropped...

He clearly is a player that requires some man management of the TLC kind, it's clear he spits the dummy out when not feeling wanted - why would he want to go to West Ham? To rejoin a manager he clearly enjoyed working with - an affable easy going character as opposed to drill instructor. He is not an £11m striker for nothing, Redknapp would not have been interested in him despite a relative embarrasment of striking riches compared to us. Being loaned out to Leicester will no doubt leave him feeling insulted, I know I would be, considering the manager stuck by Saha past the point of being given a chance. Let's face it, Saha didn't enjoy the formation of 4-5-1 with Cahill roaming his territory and he let it show in the performances. That would have twisted the knife for Yak no doubt.

He was the lone striker when he had his 1-off season goal-fest for us wasnt he (cant remember)? I will give you that he is one of the best finishers but beyond that he does bugger all else. Im sure he was overweight when he arrived plus goes down like a cheap hooker despite his strength which pisses me off no end. He played ok for those 2 games, I think people saw him better than he was because everyone else was so dismal. I also doubt theres any love lost with Saha seeing as Louis went to Yak to celebrate his goal.

If he has spat his dummy out then we're screwed either way. If not, and he is happy with us, this can do him and the club nothing but good.

I think this is shocking. Yak had started playing decently and then was summarily dropped as soon as Saha got fit, who promptly put in his worst two months in an Everton shirt without the Yak getting sorry for him. Moyes has clearly fallen out with him, but I'm sorry, i'm tending to lean towards siding with the Yak on this. A 20-goal-a-season striker does not become a bad player without some sort of management problem, and Moyes' record with strikers is appalling. Look at what a difference playing two up top has made to Saha and Beckford in the last two games, did the Yak not at least deserve a chance in that formation? He's never been a lone stroker, none of our forwards are, and Moyes needs to realise that or fuck off. Sorry but I'm really angry about this, bad, bad decision, I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us with injuries to our other forwards in the run in

Does that mean that every manager he has ever played for is poor at man management because he has done exactly the same thing at every club he has been at?

Before he came to us he was overweight and unfit because ha had been sulking to get a move, he did the same at Pompey.

In fact before he came to us he had never scored in the Prem after Xmas I think it is. Either way he only plays when he can be arsed and its got nothing to do with how Moyes treats him or what formation we play him in. As has been said he had his best ever season in the Prem as a loan striker in his first season with us.

Nobody wants to take a chance on buying him because his form has been poor for the best part of 3 years now. Do people forget how poor he was before he got injured?

A loan is the best option all around especially if its true that they are paying his wages in full

I never said anythindg about a forward all I said was to bring in a decent player who wants to play for us.

The Yak is on record as saying he was devestated that his injury prevented him from going to Spurs. He is also on record as saying he wanted to go to West Ham in the summer. He is a talented player but he just doesnt want to play for us and hasnt done for a long time

I certainly never saw that. Although dont blame him as he probably even knew back then that it wouldnt matter how he played as Saha would start. I would be wanting a move in that situation.

not as bad as it looks in my opinion, but then again ive been up since 5am again: we get him off the wage bill, he gets match experience, back to fitness and gets confidence back... We could get the 20 goals a season striker back!

Problem is that its a loan with a fixed fee by the looks of it. Regardless of how well he does his value wont rise, and im not too sure on the legal issues on the contract but im not even sure we could decline to accept the pre arranged value.

Unfortunately I think you are right.

Its a tough one to call if you think Yakubu is a good player. If you rate him then losing him for such a paltry fee and potential transfer value is pathetic. If your not a fan then we might as well get rid. I hope for his sake he gets fit and scores goals... I for one will miss that big ole grin!

I certainly never saw that. Although dont blame him as he probably even knew back then that it wouldnt matter how he played as Saha would start. I would be wanting a move in that situation.

Problem is that its a loan with a fixed fee by the looks of it. Regardless of how well he does his value wont rise, and im not too sure on the legal issues on the contract but im not even sure we could decline to accept the pre arranged value.

Unfortunately I think you are right.

Its a tough one to call if you think Yakubu is a good player. If you rate him then losing him for such a paltry fee and potential transfer value is pathetic. If your not a fan then we might as well get rid. I hope for his sake he gets fit and scores goals... I for one will miss that big ole grin!

Lol I must be in between because I do rate him and I have absolutely no doubt that he will get fit and start banging the goals in again, even though I strongly suspect that he will then put on loads of wait and be a waste of space approximately 18 months later!

Lol I must be in between because I do rate him and I have absolutely no doubt that he will get fit and start banging the goals in again, even though I strongly suspect that he will then put on loads of wait and be a waste of space approximately 18 months later!

Bloody hell, Id like to see what you say about a player you dont rate!

According to East Midlands TV which i get down here, there is only 3 clubs in the land, Derby, Notts Forest, and Leicester and according to the Leicester reporter, the loan deal is going through, but a fee or a permanent transfer has never been mentioned.

Kris Commons (Derby) has said himself tonight is 27 years old and will be looking for his last contract, He's going to Scotland and talking to both Rangers and Celtic.

don't see the point when moyes i always moaning about us not scoring goals, needs to take a leaf out of holloways book and be more encouraging i feel. anyway, i think the fee being mentioned is reasonable...the yak isn't the player we bought, he's worth a fraction of that. 4 mil + loan fee + wages that we would otherwise have to pay until the end of the season is a fair chunk of change for a players whos done nothing for a couple seasons

Cant believe that the Yaks imminent departure has caused so much of a stir. Have u lot been watching a different lumbering, overweight, clearly ill advised pre menstrual Nigerian to me over the last 2 years?? Fair enough he's had a horrible injury but how long do u give the guy? He shows no appetite for the game, wel maybe i should say the shirt cos as mentioned maybe its just us he aint up for playin for or maybe thats because hes a fat f***er and has eaten more than his portion of pre match cuisine! He's always been a VERY in and out performer in front of goal...often going on little scoring spurts of 5 in 5 for example but then equally he's had his droughts too like all strikers! BUT I have not seen one game since his return from injury that indicates to me he retains the desire to regain former glories or the confidence that he can! He has had opportunities lets be fair I think DM has cut him more than enough slack.... Just dont get the logic of rather have the Yak on the bench?? It tells u something that NOBODY wants him....not even Wet Sham who cant buy a goal for toffee and would rather look to Carlton Cole and Piquionne to extricate them from the mess there in?!!! Championship is clearly all thats left, we should thank him for his service BUT not chastise the men holding the pursestrings as when moneys tight you need to ensure your gettin the best from all your resources.....Yaks not performing....everybody and his dog knows deep down that he's not the player he was....so ship him out and bring in someone who might perform in replacement!!! NO BRAINER!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...