• 4 months later...
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted that info 2 days ago, ITK ;)

Posted 05 Jan 2011 - 19:21

View Post bluenoseyankee, on 05 Jan 2011 - 19:07, said:

how the fuck does saha get the start ahead of yak?

Bills reply ..He might be off to Leicester, Sven wants him, so we dont want to injure him. ;)

Leicester are paying £1million to take him on loan according to this article: Tottenham agree terms with Steven Pienaar but may wait until the summer | Football | The Guardian

will attempt to sign Monaco's Dieumerci Mbokani having freed up the funds for a £1m loan fee by allowing Yakubu Ayegbeni to join Leicester City.

Actually, the £1m fee may be Leicester paying his wages for the duration.

Apparently signing for them on loan tomorrow. FFS, either sell him or keep him, loans are no fucking good when we need to bring money in.

Loan? That's disgusting, sorry. Mirror what you said Mark, give us some money or duck off. The Yak is too good for the championship! End of, he'll be the best striker in that league and is worthy of a good fee.

I think its been obvious for a long time that Moyes has had enough of him, so while a loan is not an ideal move for either the Yak or us if nobody wnats to buy him then why not ship him out on loan?

It frees up wages and that coupled with the £1M fee might enable us to get a decent player in who wants to play for us, lets face it we arent exactly going to miss his prolific strike rate over the past 3 years are we?

In all honesty its pointless for 1mil especially if they arent paying his full wage contribution, which I dont see considering he is on circa £50k a week.

Rather have him on the bench as it will probably cost us as much as we get in, even more so considering he cant be recalled if a fee is paid.

It frees up wages and that coupled with the £1M fee might enable us to get a decent player in who wants to play for us, lets face it we arent exactly going to miss his prolific strike rate over the past 3 years are we?

Good luck with a million... All it will do is enable us to get another loan player in, who will probably cost a bigger fee and more in wages contribution knowing how well our club does deals!

ok then genius who can we bring in for that 1M who is as proven?

David Bentleys fee was only £1.5M, Ben Arfa supposedly went to Newcasctle for a similar fee. So why do you think its so far fetched that we could bring anyone in for £1M?

How much do Arsenal want for Carlos Vela?? It would be in some clubs interests to let players go out on loan so I would imagine there would be quite a few players out there who we could bring in for that fee

At the end of the day we arent going to miss him

i think it's far fetched that we could get proven premier league quality for 1m..vela is young and unproven may pay off may not..i'd rather keep yakubu

Bentley is proven Prem quality, Seb Larson is proven Prem quality and you could probably get him on a permanent deal for not much more. We only paid £1m for Piennar on loan.

I dont know how much it cost but what abouth the likes of Arteta, Howard and Yobo who all came in on loan?

Vela may or may not work but Yak definitely isnt working so whats there to lose?

How much did Bolton pay for Wiltshire? How much did Forest pay for Ramsey?

The bottom line is the Yak doesnt want to play for Everton and nobody wants to buy him so a loan makes perfect sense, especially if there is a possible transfer fee at the end of the season

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Listen if this debacle doesn't point to the fact that we are absolutely skint and need new ownership (not investment) then nothing will. I'm not gonna post on the "when is enough, enough" thread cos it's gone down the wrong path very quickly, the whole transfer/loan scenario is frightening,

We are sending out clear messages as to the state of our finances are worse than everyone else thought. Roll on paltry bids for prized assets. Get that circus upstairs out. Our most expensive striker is being farmed out to ease 200k a month off the wages..... Scary.

Bentley is proven Prem quality, Seb Larson is proven Prem quality and you could probably get him on a permanent deal for not much more. We only paid £1m for Piennar on loan.

I dont know how much it cost but what abouth the likes of Arteta, Howard and Yobo who all came in on loan?

Vela may or may not work but Yak definitely isnt working so whats there to lose?

How much did Bolton pay for Wiltshire? How much did Forest pay for Ramsey?

The bottom line is the Yak doesnt want to play for Everton and nobody wants to buy him so a loan makes perfect sense, especially if there is a possible transfer fee at the end of the season

Bentley I agree but Larsson is pushing it! He isnt exactly a regular for Brum (especially when Mcfadden is fit) but I personally wouldnt mind him here.

Yak was working, but then hasnt been allowed to work, but as youve said before he clearly isnt in Moyes' plans so there isnt really any point.

Wilshere wasnt proven Prem quality when he was loaned and Ramsey was coming back from a long term injury so bit of a differnce there.

The difference lies in what I think of Yak and what Moyes thinks of Yak. I think he is a proven goal scorer who has shown this season that he can be unplayable even when he isnt fully fit. I believe he would work very well alongside Beckford or Vaughan which we will need should Saha get injured any time soon. Moyes (and you) seem to think he doesnt want to be here and isnt good enough, and if that attitude isnt going to change then there is no point in him being here as his confidence will drop, his form will get worse so getting anything for him is probably a bonus. Thats the crux from where im sitting, so if he isnt going to play then we might as well flog him off to the highest bidder unfortunatley but personally I think Moyes is completely underestimating the impact he can have on the rest of our season.

Listen if this debacle doesn't point to the fact that we are absolutely skint and need new ownership (not investment) then nothing will. I'm not gonna post on the "when is enough, enough" thread cos it's gone down the wrong path very quickly, the whole transfer/loan scenario is frightening,

We are sending out clear messages as to the state of our finances are worse than everyone else thought. Roll on paltry bids for prized assets. Get that circus upstairs out. Our most expensive striker is being farmed out to ease 200k a month off the wages..... Scary.

Sadly I agree with you here... There is a good if also slightly disturbing article on the KEIOC website about the finances. A lot of clubs might not want to do any big business this January but 90% of the clubs out there could spend around £5mil if it was necessary. Right now it looks as if we dont have a pot to piss in.

Having said all that, if we dont lose anyone this transfer window then we dont need to sign anyone. The players are good enough to beat any team in the league if they go out there with the right attitude.

apart from vela none of those players you mentioned are forwards..the yak started workin then got dropped..if they want rid then get rid permanently..i'd rather keep him than loan him out

I never said anythindg about a forward all I said was to bring in a decent player who wants to play for us.

The Yak is on record as saying he was devestated that his injury prevented him from going to Spurs. He is also on record as saying he wanted to go to West Ham in the summer. He is a talented player but he just doesnt want to play for us and hasnt done for a long time

I am mystified as to why people think he was playing well when he was dropped. he has put in one good performance in 3 years ( against the Shite) so I really dont see the point in keeping him here, especially given our distinct lack of funds, agree with what hafnia says on that one.

I think this is shocking. Yak had started playing decently and then was summarily dropped as soon as Saha got fit, who promptly put in his worst two months in an Everton shirt without the Yak getting sorry for him. Moyes has clearly fallen out with him, but I'm sorry, i'm tending to lean towards siding with the Yak on this. A 20-goal-a-season striker does not become a bad player without some sort of management problem, and Moyes' record with strikers is appalling. Look at what a difference playing two up top has made to Saha and Beckford in the last two games, did the Yak not at least deserve a chance in that formation? He's never been a lone stroker, none of our forwards are, and Moyes needs to realise that or fuck off. Sorry but I'm really angry about this, bad, bad decision, I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us with injuries to our other forwards in the run in

I never said anythindg about a forward all I said was to bring in a decent player who wants to play for us.

The Yak is on record as saying he was devestated that his injury prevented him from going to Spurs. He is also on record as saying he wanted to go to West Ham in the summer. He is a talented player but he just doesnt want to play for us and hasnt done for a long time

I am mystified as to why people think he was playing well when he was dropped. he has put in one good performance in 3 years ( against the Shite) so I really dont see the point in keeping him here, especially given our distinct lack of funds, agree with what hafnia says on that one.

surely though you'd want a forward bringing in to replace the one goin out? im not sayin yak has been fantastic this year but he is proven at this level..playin badly or not which i dont think he was as bad as you say you just seem to have a right hump about him..he scored against stoke and won us the match, set up the goal against blackpool and had a good game against liverpool then gets dropped..a player isn't gonna be great overnight again if he has lost confidence but he was gettin that back albeit in a slow manner but id rather have kept with him and build that than ship him out on loan and stick with that soppy frenchy upfront..shall we send arteta out on loan too cos he's been shite lately too?

not as bad as it looks in my opinion, but then again ive been up since 5am again: we get him off the wage bill, he gets match experience, back to fitness and gets confidence back... We could get the 20 goals a season striker back!

Or get a decent price for him? Lets be honest he isnt in Moyes plans no matter how good / bad people think he is, it is Moyes than makes the decisions. He will get first team football at Leicester, thus meaning he can put himself in the shop window and hopefully increase interest in him, which hopefully leads to an increase is sale price/ability. Sitting on the bench here isnt helping Everton or Yak so with that in mind I think it is the right move for all parties.

On the other hand he could go to Leicester rediscover his form and Moyes see's the error in his decision and we have a fully fit and motivated Yak back for next season.

Either way its a win win? (unless he goes there and has a crap end of season or gets injured that is).