IGNORED

Yakubu

Bellamy for Yakubu would be awful business...

We can simply not get rid of Yakubu unless your talking 15mil ish... The guy suits the way we play when we get the ball down and pass it around. He holds the ball up as good as any player in the prem and has one of the best goal scoring records of anyone in the prem.

IMO towards the end of the season he looked like he wanted to play, he chased the ball more than he ever has (especially from the bench) and looked sharper and sharper with every game, he just needs the support from midfield and not the terrible hoof ball we occasionally plague ourselves with.

I would be absolutely gutted if we got rid of him and we wont find a better striker for the money.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive never liked the Yak, as some of you probably know. But 7million is insulting. IF he tries and IF he can be bothered, he is an excellent goalscorer. Lazy as the day is long, but great finisher. Give him til Jan to prove he can still do it, if not sell him in January....

7 mill, isnt YAK only 21!!! lol

seriously though, the lad might be a lazy get but hes proven quality, no probs selling him but lets get enough cash so we can adequitly replace him.

beckford would be the obvious choice, if he knows whats good for him he'll chose us (unless im behind the times and has already agreed elsewhere) Moysie has a good track record for bringin in lower league talent and getting them to excel (maybe get Tim C to give him a call)

I think is age is a real worry, but i think he was coming back to his old self towards the end of the season. I agree that the Yak is the type of player to move on every few years or so but he is a proven premier league goalscorer and the price should reflect this.9-10 million for me before we consider it. Bellamy is quality but is getting on and has no resale value.

I say keep the Yak for one more season. Let him bang in 15+ goals and then sell him for a profit next summer. We need the goals and the cash will be nice next year. I'm sure Yakubu wouldn't mind restoring his scoring rep this year if it means he can get more wages at a club like West Ham next year.

Bellamy for Yakubu would be awful business...

We can simply not get rid of Yakubu unless your talking 15mil ish... The guy suits the way we play when we get the ball down and pass it around. He holds the ball up as good as any player in the prem and has one of the best goal scoring records of anyone in the prem.

IMO towards the end of the season he looked like he wanted to play, he chased the ball more than he ever has (especially from the bench) and looked sharper and sharper with every game, he just needs the support from midfield and not the terrible hoof ball we occasionally plague ourselves with.

I would be absolutely gutted if we got rid of him and we wont find a better striker for the money.

Why?

Yes Bellamy is a bit of a tit but he is a quality footballer

I would rather have Bellamy putting 100% every game and scareing the shit out of defenders with his pace than the Yak strolling around shrugging his shoulders because the ball was played 3 inches too far from him

Agreed in the last few games he did look like he was putting the effort in but how much of that was to do with the World Cup coming up.

Has everyone forgotten just how badly he was playing when he got injured?

If the Yak wants to stay and fight for his place then fine keep him because he undoubtedly has the ability to be a real asset however if he is going to revert to type lets wave goodbye now ansd get someone in who will play for the shirt

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

7 mill, isnt YAK only 21!!! lol

seriously though, the lad might be a lazy get but hes proven quality, no probs selling him but lets get enough cash so we can adequitly replace him.

beckford would be the obvious choice, if he knows whats good for him he'll chose us (unless im behind the times and has already agreed elsewhere) Moysie has a good track record for bringin in lower league talent and getting them to excel (maybe get Tim C to give him a call)

You talk about adequately replacing the Yak and then you say Beckford would be the obvious choice. I've got to ask, do you dabble in smack?

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Everton-reject-5m-bid-from-West-Ham-for-Yakubu/7972/

£5million? Go and fuck yourselves sirs.

You talk about adequately replacing the Yak and then you say Beckford would be the obvious choice. I've got to ask, do you dabble in smack?

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Everton-reject-5m-bid-from-West-Ham-for-Yakubu/7972/

Just heard that on Radio City as well!

i would sell the yak.... he was awful before he got injured and he is far too lazy.

i have liked him for a while but i think a move would suit both him and the club only if we have a adequate replacement. I would like to see bellamy here. he would provide us with some pace we lack and he can score a goal from anywhere. not convinced on beckford though... i would only take him as a backup player... couldnt see us threatening to break into top four with beckford leading the line.

My sigings would be:

Bellamy,

Ireland (strange person but outstanding quality)

Ben Arfa (replacemt for peanuts as he obviously going)

Wild Card - Diame from Wigan. Everytime i have watched him he looks class, even against big teams. He is 21 and a monster! could be a great player in the future.

Love to see rodders and coleman get more 1st action this season aswell.

swearing with class..love it :lol:

This. Why are so many Evertonians looking towards average players? Yak oozes class, Carlton Cole oozes shit out of his rectum.

agreed mate..although where else is he going to ooze it from? :P

Why?

Yes Bellamy is a bit of a tit but he is a quality footballer

I would rather have Bellamy putting 100% every game and scareing the shit out of defenders with his pace than the Yak strolling around shrugging his shoulders because the ball was played 3 inches too far from him

Agreed in the last few games he did look like he was putting the effort in but how much of that was to do with the World Cup coming up.

Has everyone forgotten just how badly he was playing when he got injured?

If the Yak wants to stay and fight for his place then fine keep him because he undoubtedly has the ability to be a real asset however if he is going to revert to type lets wave goodbye now ansd get someone in who will play for the shirt

I personally only think Bellamy is an average footballer. I agree he will work his bollocks off and he does show glimpses of quality BUT imo he is just a Welsh version of AJ with what I would guess would be a worse goal scoring record.

If we are going to play 1 up front we need players who are going to be able to hold the ball up and bring others into play which are qualities I believe Bellamy doesnt have. Having him play as more of a winger in our system would be fine but then we are a striker down and we wont get anyone decent in for the money left over.

I do completely agree with the last paragraph. I dont want Yakubu at our club if he is going to sulk, stroll around and generally be shit BUT if we can get the quality Yakubu that has shown his class on many occasions then its a no brainer.