IGNORED

Racism At Goodison?

Kohen

I was about to come on here and tare this thread apart, I thought it was going to be a serious case of someone over hearing racism at Goodison Park, something in which I've experienced in the past and have been disgusted by. However, this is laughable! What is the difference between this and someone calling Wayne Rooney an 'Ugly Bastard'? None at all in my opinion and whoever the Everton fan is that went to the effort of reporting this needs a to have a day off.

There is no room in modern day football for racism of any kind. In fact, there's no room for it anywhere. However, people need to man the fuck up. I'm disgusted at the other guy for reporting him. If you think Saha wasn't pulling his weight after you've paid £35 of your own cash to watch him, you've got the right to let him know he's lazy. Granted, the bloke didn't need to mention his nationality, just like people don't need to mention a players weight or their nose shape when bombarding them with abuse on the pitch. But who cares if he called a Frenchman a Frenchman. I doubt even Louis Saha really would give two shits. He's be more bothered about his attitude & effort being questioned.

The words gone crazy.

With Adam really.."French" is used as an adjective....could as easily be fat or ugly and no-one would have batted an eyelid.

If he'd have said "...you're a useless lazy bastard like all Frenchmen..." then it would be different.

Ridiculous imo.

Its crazy this hes called him French so we know who hes talking about! If he said you lazy bastard it couldve been aimed at anyone! He said French not as a racist comment but to explain who he was moaning at! Absolutely crazy! Its like me being done for calling a lad in work Phil the Manc!

Exactly, when I lived down in London I'd constantly get shit about being 'Northern'. When I was out with the boys there would always be comments that went along the lines of 'Northener Basrtard' etc. Personally I can't see the difference? It's just highlighting what part of the country I'm from. Ok, it wasn't directed at me in a malicious way (majority of the time) but still, there was no need for me to get my bollox in a twist.

I'm sure if this would have happened in the 80's (and you'd have gone to the effort of reporting something like this) the Steward/Bizzie would have laughed in your face.

With Adam really.."French" is used as an adjective....could as easily be fat or ugly and no-one would have batted an eyelid.

If he'd have said "...you're a useless lazy bastard like all Frenchmen..." then it would be different.

Ridiculous imo.

personally I'm not so sure, if he had've called Saha a 'black lazy b******' then I think everyone would recognise that was racist, I think French is probably being used as part of the insult which makes it xenophobic.

He could have just said - 'Oi, Saha, you lazy b******' he didn't need to include French in there.

I think French is probably being used as part of the insult which makes it xenophobic.

I agree. I think it was used in a pejorative sense, which probably makes it unacceptable in today's climate. Now, how many people think it during the course of the game, or mutter it under their breath, is another thing.

I guess the only people who can't be discriminated against are heterosexual, White, English males who are able bodied who don't smoke.

I'm all for diversity and inclusion but certain rulings need to be made right. Fathers day cards being banned in Scotland for fear of upsetting single mothers? Winterval in Birmingham to replace Christmas?

Creating a massive rod for our own backs.

Edited by Hafnia2

• 3 weeks later...

first time ive seen this. So we are saying stereotypes are racist too? This is absolutely stupid.

Well Matt, we don't know for sure. One of the local papers suggested he said worse than what was being reported, the nationals picked up on the "French" line.

Wow. You have founded a new human race over there. Didnt know you have a race of french... An Everton official said: "It's not simply a black or white matter. We'll stamp down very hard on racial abuse of any kind." This is just so laughable. I hate rasism, but just cant find rasism from shouts like this. If he would shout like fookin french monkey or something else really stupid, it would been totally different. Im sure that this idiot who reported him, had something else wrong with him that now lost seasonticket, prolly they have had some arguement and this reporting was just a stupid way to revenge and get rid of him.

If you trawl through archives of football reports I am sure you will find comments such as '..The Frenchman/ Dutchman/ Spaniard/ African appeared to show a lazy attitude......' or something on similar lines. Is this any different to what the guy is alleged to have said? If he has been banned for what has been reported then the whole of the ground needs to be on its guard in future because believe me I hear a lot worse than this every game without it overstepping the mark.