• Phil Neville
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • Leon Osman
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Apostolis Vellios
    • Adam Forshaw

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 191

Baines 160

Coleman 136

Distin 127

Osman 100

Pienaar 85

Cahill 83

Arteta 82

Howard 80

Saha 55

Yakubu 47

Jagielka 30

Beckford 19

Rodwell 15

Bilyaletdinov 10

Hibbert 9

Neville 7

Gueye 6

Heitinga 5

Baxter 2

Anichebe 1

Vellios 1

MOTM winners....

Aston Villa (H)...Leon Osman

Fulham (H)...Leon Osman

Birmingham (H)...Leon Osman

Newcastle (A)...Mikel Arteta

Reading (H)...Rodwell/Osman Tie

Sunderland (H)...Leon Osman

Chelsea (A)...Tim Howard

Bolton (A)...Mikel Arteta

Blackpool (H)...Louis Saha

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Chelsea (H)...Marouane Fellaini

West Ham (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Liverpool (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Scunthorpe United (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Man City (A)...Tim Howard

Wigan (H)...Seamus Coleman

Chelsea (A)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (H)...Tim Cahill

Sunderland (A)...Steven Pienaar

Arsenal (H)...Seamus Coleman

Bolton (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackpool (A)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (H)...Ayegbeni Yakubu

Spurs (A)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (H)...Tim Cahill

Birmingham (A)...Leon Osman

Fulham (A)...Steven Pienaar

Brentford (A)...Seamus Coleman

Newcastle (H)...Sylvain Distin

Manchester United (H)...Tim Howard

Aston Villa (A)...Leighton Baines

Huddersfield (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

ossie once again he keeps this up an he should deffo get that first england call up. he's doing the things that pienaar used to do for us but with more goals! granted he misses a fair few but he creates alot of his chances on his own. well done ossie long may it continue!

Osmans always had great feet, one of the few players able to take players on and beat them

not afraid to shoot from distance and will run and run.He is a pienaar type player, we can only hope he plays like this for the next couple of seasons.

Maybe Moyes needs to allow for Osman when he's thinking tactics, he doesn't stand out but he can win us games.

Well done Leon!

I bet he never thought of that :huh: .

Has Moyes ever made Osmans name first on the teamsheet and built the team around what he (Osman) can do at his best.He's done it with Cahill and probably Arteta, Osmans usually under the radar when it comes to midfield kingpin.

Hope that's explained it in words you understand :lol:

A fair few to choose from yesterday. Jagielka and Distin played well at the back, Neville and Heittinga impressed in midfield but like the overwhelming majority Osman stood out for me. Great cross for Beckfords goal and his all round display was excellent. I have never doubted Osman as a decent player and hoping that this current level of form continues.

Leon's heading for his fourth consecutive MOTM and his sixth in the last seven games.

Don't remember anyone having a run like this before.

Said it a hundred times before, he is awesome in the centre. Didnt get to see the game on Saturday but made up to hear Ossie is kicking ass again.

Leon's heading for his fourth consecutive MOTM and his sixth in the last seven games.

Don't remember anyone having a run like this before.

Fellaini had a run of 5 on the trot earlier this season, the 5th one being a cup tie.[scunthorpe] ;)

I agree ossie from what I saw. There was a spell a few seasons back when Ossie spent alot of time in midfield (Not sure injury or form caused his inclusion) but he was amazing he can tackle (Unlike cahill) he can pass (nearly aswell as arteta) and he has the energy of piernar and he used to score a good amount of goals. And like someone said his close control is up there in the squad. He is 29 now I know he has had a bad press in the past but I think that is down to being played as a wideman. Woudl we be in this position if Ossie got in ahead of arteta.

Just a thought

I agree ossie from what I saw. There was a spell a few seasons back when Ossie spent alot of time in midfield (Not sure injury or form caused his inclusion) but he was amazing he can tackle (Unlike cahill) he can pass (nearly aswell as arteta) and he has the energy of piernar and he used to score a good amount of goals. And like someone said his close control is up there in the squad. He is 29 now I know he has had a bad press in the past but I think that is down to being played as a wideman. Woudl we be in this position if Ossie got in ahead of arteta.

Just a thought

Or Arteta back on the left wing and Ossie in the middle?

that was how we lined up against newcastle and birmingham wasn't it? right before arteta got injured

think so, but my point is we should play people in their best positions. Ossie has always been a cracking player in the middle and Arteta is best cutting in from the wing.

Just a thought

Ossie has been a consistent performer his entire Everton career but because he is a local lad who didnt cost millions a lot of people were quick to get on his back.

Im glad he is getting a little bit or recognition at last but he hasnt just suddenly become a good player overnight, hes always been a good player

Ossie has been a consistent performer his entire Everton career but because he is a local lad who didnt cost millions a lot of people were quick to get on his back.

Im glad he is getting a little bit or recognition at last but he hasnt just suddenly become a good player overnight, hes always been a good player

Agreed, although due to his slight lack of pace I do think being in the middle suits him more than out wide. I honestly think we have, on paper, the best central midfield in the premiership (no doubt someone will mention Chelsea and the eternally, unfathomably overrated Essien). For some reason Arteta and Fellaini hasn't worked this season, for the life of me I can't understand why but hopefully once Moyes pushes Arteta more forward we can have Arteta, Fellaini/Neville and Osman/Cahill in there and we should beat virtually anyone in the premiership, especially if we get a decent striker. We really need to press home our qualities now, this season has been a total disappointment for me, we are one of the top 4 teams in the premiership but it just never happened for us. Sell Rodwell (and possibly Fellaini) and get in a pacy, quality winger and a class act up front (if we sold both also a quality DM) and we're in business. No way can Arteta have such a poor season again. There are so few special players around now that Gerrard is getting past it, Fabregas isn't as interested etc that Arteta should really be able to shine once he hits form.

I don't understand why it takes an injury crisis for Everton to get back to basics and get their mentality right.

Agreed, although due to his slight lack of pace I do think being in the middle suits him more than out wide. I honestly think we have, on paper, the best central midfield in the premiership (no doubt someone will mention Chelsea and the eternally, unfathomably overrated Essien). For some reason Arteta and Fellaini hasn't worked this season, for the life of me I can't understand why but hopefully once Moyes pushes Arteta more forward we can have Arteta, Fellaini/Neville and Osman/Cahill in there and we should beat virtually anyone in the premiership, especially if we get a decent striker. We really need to press home our qualities now, this season has been a total disappointment for me, we are one of the top 4 teams in the premiership but it just never happened for us. Sell Rodwell (and possibly Fellaini) and get in a pacy, quality winger and a class act up front (if we sold both also a quality DM) and we're in business. No way can Arteta have such a poor season again. There are so few special players around now that Gerrard is getting past it, Fabregas isn't as interested etc that Arteta should really be able to shine once he hits form.

I don't understand why it takes an injury crisis for Everton to get back to basics and get their mentality right.

Our midfield will only be world class if we keep fellaini in it - he's the stand out player - the one who could probably get into any other side in the prem. Arteta needs to be on the left in my and many others opinions. Ossie/Cahill/Felli in the middle is as good as any with Arteta and a genuine outlet of the right - it's a lot to ask for Seamus to be that player but he's shown flashes of brilliance - imagine if we could get Donovan this summer - now that would be some midfield!!!

Is selling Rodwell the answer either? I wouldn't say - what a player to blood into that midfield and the expectance that Barkley will play some part next season - if we don't keep hold of our future talents then where's the next osman coming from?

I agree Gerrard's not looked as good and Fabregas hasn't looked as interested but there's a new crop of top Prem central midfielders... I hate to say but Merieles looks class, Wilshire/Song, Anderson, Toure/De Jong, Ramieres, Modric/Huddlestone, Tiote... there's many more - the premiership has got as much class as ever in terms of central midfield players and we need to keep our best ones to compete!

Is selling Rodwell the answer either? I wouldn't say - what a player to blood into that midfield and the expectance that Barkley will play some part next season - if we don't keep hold of our future talents then where's the next osman coming from?

In saying this I believe there's enough money to be raised through the sales of Yak, Yobo, Bily, Heit and Vaughan to help us buy that much needed winger/striker (and I know we'd need another CB but lets prioritise!)

... that German/Polish winger we have previously been linked with is on a bosman this summer Petr Tchow?*%$ski or something - I'd have him!!!

Our midfield will only be world class if we keep fellaini in it - he's the stand out player - the one who could probably get into any other side in the prem. Arteta needs to be on the left in my and many others opinions. Ossie/Cahill/Felli in the middle is as good as any with Arteta and a genuine outlet of the right - it's a lot to ask for Seamus to be that player but he's shown flashes of brilliance - imagine if we could get Donovan this summer - now that would be some midfield!!!

I agree Gerrard's not looked as good and Fabregas hasn't looked as interested but there's a new crop of top Prem central midfielders... I hate to say but Merieles looks class, Wilshire/Song, Anderson, Toure/De Jong, Ramieres, Modric/Huddlestone, Tiote... there's many more - the premiership has got as much class as ever in terms of central midfield players and we need to keep our best ones to compete!

I think people quickly forget that many fans were getting on Arteta's back when he was out on the wing and it was when he went into the middle that he really showed what he could do and people started raving. This season hasn't been his best but I can't accept that Arteta isn't a better player than Fellaini (and Osman), he's our most important player when on form and Moyes needs to get him on form and then Everton will go places. He's a game winner and capable of magic and we don't have many (if any) of them.

That being said, he used to be a brilliant winger as well so I've got no problem where he plays, as long as it's in an attacking position and not screening the defence like he's done this season. It's a shame he got injured as his performances had started to improve since Moyes told him to push forward.

None of those players above are anywhere near as good as Gerrard, Fabregas (usually) or Ronaldo imo from what I've seen apart from possibly Modric. Wilshere looks like a good prospect, Huddlestone and Ramieres I don't particularly rate at all.

I don't mind if we sell or keep Fellaini or Rodwell, I'd definitely sell if the money was right though. Rodwell has been totally overhyped from what he's shown so far and the more I see him the more disappointed I get. Fellaini has played well but if the money is right then he's replaceable for a reasonable price and will allow us to strengthen where we are really weak. It's not about selling Fellaini for the sake of it, if we had money to go and buy a winger and striker I'd definitely keep him, but we don't, and buying a winger and striker would help our team more than keeping Fellaini will (especially with such an able deputy as Neville).

I'll stop going on about Fellaini now as people will really think I don't like him when I do, I just don't think we particularly need him and we could use the money elsewhere.

Edited by carlmc25

I think people quickly forget that many fans were getting on Arteta's back when he was out on the wing and it was when he went into the middle that he really showed what he could do and people started raving. This season hasn't been his best but I can't accept that Arteta isn't a better player than Fellaini (and Osman), he's our most important player when on form and Moyes needs to get him on form and then Everton will go places. He's a game winner and capable of magic and we don't have many (if any) of them.

That being said, he used to be a brilliant winger as well so I've got no problem where he plays, as long as it's in an attacking position and not screening the defence like he's done this season. It's a shame he got injured as his performances had started to improve since Moyes told him to push forward.

None of those players above are anywhere near as good as Gerrard, Fabregas (usually) or Ronaldo imo from what I've seen apart from possibly Modric. Wilshere looks like a good prospect, Huddlestone and Ramieres I don't particularly rate at all.

I don't mind if we sell or keep Fellaini or Rodwell, I'd definitely sell if the money was right though. Rodwell has been totally overhyped from what he's shown so far and the more I see him the more disappointed I get. Fellaini has played well but if the money is right then he's replaceable for a reasonable price and will allow us to strengthen where we are really weak. It's not about selling Fellaini for the sake of it, if we had money to go and buy a winger and striker I'd definitely keep him, but we don't, and buying a winger and striker would help our team more than keeping Fellaini will (especially with such an able deputy as Neville).

I'll stop going on about Fellaini now as people will really think I don't like him when I do, I just don't think we particularly need him and we could use the money elsewhere.

I don't recall Arteta getting stick for being out wide - the only stick has come this season when he's played in the central role. The central role where he was playing his best football at the end of last season (since his first full couple of seasons when he played out wide) but it hasn't worked for whatever reason this season. As for comparing players to fabregas/gerrard - I wasn't but above players vs a midfield of arteta/neville/osman or cahill - we will get dominated by many teams with those players - fellaini is the key against the better sides e.g. chelsea, arsenal, spurs, man.utd.