IGNORED

Tim Howard

Weve got to keep hold of him in all honesty! I like Howard and said so in the other thread! Romey who out there is better mate? Unless your planning on spending a fortune hes far better and more reliable than whats around! Weve been bashed with keepers before Simonsen, Gerrard and Mhyre spring to mind!

Weve got to keep hold of him in all honesty! I like Howard and said so in the other thread! Romey who out there is better mate? Unless your planning on spending a fortune hes far better and more reliable than whats around! Weve been bashed with keepers before Simonsen, Gerrard and Mhyre spring to mind!

I agree, I think Howard is in the top 4 or 5 in the Premiership

I would say that there is only Joe Hart, Rienna, Van der Sar (whos retiring anyway) and well nobody else springs to mind actually, who are better

I would say that there is only Joe Hart, Rienna, Van der Sar (whos retiring anyway) and well nobody else springs to mind actually, who are better

and Cech.

Schwartzer/ Friedel are as good but Howard is younger.

+1. I think Howard's been solid for us, and it's not like we could do much better.

Everytime I've seen him play I've always been impressed with Gordon.

I'm with Romey on Howard. Good GK, not the best, replaceable.

Craig Gordon?? :blink:

Lol I can only presume that you never got to see the game at Goodison the other year when we beat them 7-1

He is nowhere near as good as Howard

He may well be replaceable not many players in the world arent but I doubt you would get a keepr as good as him for £4M

We have no money and we desperately need a LB, LW, RW and a CF the last thing we need to do is add a GK to the list as well

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

• 1 year later...

I think Green is coming back into the side because Harry tried to sign him 3 times when he was in charge at Spurs. I think he's going to drop Julio Cesar and play Green, I'd spin that comment you made around though scouse, if Cesar is suddenly out of favour then for the right price I would have him.

not so sure about that, he's a good shot stopper for a big man, but i do remember him being a bit flappy in the air at times, and injuries, was always talked of very highly, if we got him fit he could be a good signing.

Yeh he was a good shot stopper but decision making and aerial ability and the command of his area were poor for a top flight keeper imo.

not so sure about that, he's a good shot stopper for a big man, but i do remember him being a bit flappy in the air at times, and injuries, was always talked of very highly, if we got him fit he could be a good signing.

We don't have the best injury record with outfield players, but our keepers always seem fit. Won't be on big wages, eager to get back into it, could be a good fit, and at the very least another Moyes classic short contract to transfer fee for us.

• 2 weeks later...

We need another keeper in January.

Once again Tim fucked up and could have cost us the points against Tottenham, we need to either give him some real competition so that he pulls his socks up or we just need to replace him altogether. My best bet is with Jack Butland, as he's young, English and top quality. That said however anyone that can make me feel easy when at the back will do and I just hope that Moyes has the same opinions.

I don't see how it coulden't be his fault, the shot was a decent one but nothing world class and he somehow managed to get lobbed from 20-25 yards which in my eyes is unacceptable for a goalkeeper of a Premiership standard, he did pull off some good saves but I'd expect that from any goalkeeper, its his job after all. It's not like he's doing anything out of the ordinary by pulling off crucial saves.

no way a ball could be naturally hit like that without a deflection..is he to assume it's going to get deflected and loop over him? or that he may need to be off his line for any possible through balls bein played?

He should be in a position to be able to react to something like that happening. We spent hours on the training ground at Finch Farm learning stuff like that, if the ball comes looping behind him he should be able to adjust his body and leave a small enough gap to be able to tip it over the bar, Howard was fully to blame for the goal yesterday.