IGNORED

Wigan

Finn balor

Against teams like Wigan,Ossie dominates the middle of the park, so to move him from his central role would be a mistake. Coleman and Gueye down the flanks for me and encourage them to run at a poor Wigan defence.

Spot on. Leave him where he is. I agree with giving Maggie a run out too. If he doesnt survive 90 mins, then push him out to the left and put Vellios up front with Becks for a 442.

I agree but how many times have we slipped up before in this sort of game.

2-1 loss

My thoughts too Bill. With Cahill playing again we'll resort back to the long balls approach (more so than we're used to) and completely abuse ossie's ability to use the ball on the floor (hence his effectiveness in recent weeks).

Wigan will hit us as often as possible on the break.

http://www.evertonfc...or-wigan-return

Moyes also has Victor Anichebe available after the Nigerian played the second half of the 1-0 defeat at Manchester United.

"He has got a chance (of making a mark in the next four games)," said the boss. "He did well for 45 minutes last week and he has to be able to show that again."

Can anyone explain to me what he did well?

Everton: Howard, Mucha, Hibbert, Neville, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Heitinga, Rodwell, Osman, Bilyaletdinov, Arteta, Cahill, Gueye, Beckford, Anichebe, Vellios, Duffy, Mustafi.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Everton have won six and lost only one of their last eight meetings with Wigan.

• The Latics have beaten Everton once in five previous home matches - 1-0 in November 2008.

Wigan

• Wigan have only managed four wins and 19 points from 17 home games - only Blackpool have earned fewer points at home.

• They have only won one of their 18 matches against top-half opposition this season - at Tottenham back in August.

• Despite scoring five goals in their last two matches, Wigan share the dubious distinction of being the least potent side in the division. They and Birmingham average exactly a goal per game.

• The Latics have not kept a clean sheet for 17 matches and they have conceded four or more goals on 11 occasions since the start of last season.

Everton

• Everton's seven-match unbeaten streak was ended by Manchester United last weekend.

• The Toffees have opened the scoring in 16 league matches this season, losing only one (at Arsenal in February).

• Tim Howard will make his 300th appearance for an English club.

• Tony Hibbert is expected to start his 200th Premier League game for Everton.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Wigan

Rodallega: 8 goals (8 league); N'Zogbia: 6 goals (5 league)

Everton

Saha: 10 goals (7 league); Cahill: 9 goals (9 league),

Beckford: 9 goals (7 league)

Edited by Matt

Yeah, what did Victor do well last week? he had one run that was'nt bad, then he sort of fell over/was pushed at the end, but the size of Victor he should have stayed on his feet.

I know this sounds stupid, really i do, but its like he has some sort of hold over Moyes and that when he is fit, he must play, its obvious Vellios has got something about him, we are at the end of the season, we are safe(thank god) so give him a go FFS!! why the hell not? i would like to see Mustafi also, when we signed him he was supposed to be one of best prospects in Germany, so throw him in there and lets see what he can do.

Very confusing at times is our Mr Moyes :unsure:

"Thanks for your contribution over the last few weeks guys, during our mini resurgence, but we have some first team players who are at about 20% match fit, so you're sitting on the bench. As for you beckford, you haven't had the best service recently but due to the fact you've got missed a couple, we've decided that big victor is better than you. Thanks"

Playing for a draw then boys. Moyes reallys infuriates me sometimes. This also means if late on we need some energy and creativity, Bily will get the nod ahead of a very proactive Maggy! Its not right. We'll probably 'go at them' like we did at united....

Oh Christ.