IGNORED

James Wallace

Matt

Too bad. Hopefully he'll go on to do great things. I'm not sure I like letting him go because it sounds like he's a real leader and quality guy to have in the squad. He's twenty years old and was captain at Stockport while on loan and is now going to be Tranmere's captain. Sounds like a natural leader/quality character. If he learns the strategy of football, maybe a future manager?

Seemed a good guy too.

I remember that opening day defeat against aresnal when we recieved a lesson.

I was standing with my son after the match waiting for autographs and he walked out with a few first teamers, no-one knew who he was and whispers were going around saying "i think its the new lad coleman". he could have taken it the wrong way, but he just smiled and signed every program that was handed out to him.

Very proffesional for a young lad his age.

I think we have lost an under-rated young player.

Seemed a good guy too.

I remember that opening day defeat against aresnal when we recieved a lesson.

I was standing with my son after the match waiting for autographs and he walked out with a few first teamers, no-one knew who he was and whispers were going around saying "i think its the new lad coleman". he could have taken it the wrong way, but he just smiled and signed every program that was handed out to him.

Very proffesional for a young lad his age.

I think we have lost an under-rated young player.

I feel the same. I was under the impression that he was someone to hold on too... the fact the he is already going to captain Tranmere furthers my view on this situation...

• 3 months later...

Came on for another reason but saw this.

When we got relegated from the Football League 10/11 season, James Wallace was a an absolute credit to your Football club. The way he never gave up despite other players not looking interested. With loan players you expect them not to care about the club, but within about a month he found himself as captain of the team, he handled himself with so much dignity and respect for Stockport County in what was a tough moment for the football club and the fans in being relegated out of the league after 100+ years. He always had time for the fans and he was the first over to the fans at the end of the game.

The lessons he would have learnt from that 3 months will do a lot for him, his quality on the ball and his vision was something else and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in your first team in the next 2 or 3 years.

Was speaking to a tranmere home and away fan the other day, he puts the majority of tranmeres on field improvement down to Wallace - he said he is class and runs the show.

I had him down for a level below the likes of Rodwell, Barkley, Baxter in terms of technical ability (based on what I was told) - however it seems he has more going on upstairs in terms of bottle and it would not surprise me in the slightest if he ends up at our place again sometime in the near future. I believe we have a BIG sell on clause so may end up buying him at a reduced price. Hope he stays there for a couple of years though providing they get promoted this year and he is exposed to the game at a higher level.

I think there is an interesting contrast between Jose Baxter and James Wallace. Baxter was a hyped up player and clearly showed a lot of technical ability and potential. Wallace didn't have the technical ability of Baxter or our other academy prospects but was a mentally sound footballer who seems to be able to control the show in midfield. It's funny how we regret losing Wallace now, who wasn't hyped up much and none of us miss Baxter who was once labelled our next big academy product. I hope Wallace ends up playing Premier League football someday (hopefully with us)

• 3 months later...

I think there is an interesting contrast between Jose Baxter and James Wallace. Baxter was a hyped up player and clearly showed a lot of technical ability and potential. Wallace didn't have the technical ability of Baxter or our other academy prospects but was a mentally sound footballer who seems to be able to control the show in midfield. It's funny how we regret losing Wallace now, who wasn't hyped up much and none of us miss Baxter who was once labelled our next big academy product. I hope Wallace ends up playing Premier League football someday (hopefully with us)

I'm not sure how either are missed, as neither progressed here.

We seem to go arse about tit with giving our youngsters experience. We seem to keep them in reserves when we could and should be exposing them to lower league footy. Then when bringing them back give the 20 mins here and there.

I thought all along Baxter needed competitive football and to me it seems he will become a prem player. I would sooner have seen the likes of vellios and Barkley go out on loan last year given their limited exposure to competitive games.

Im sure weve had a few late bloomers, so dont see why we didnt keep hold of these 2. I know Baxter was offered a contract but wanted to free himself up to make himself more attractive to other clubs who would give him 1st team footy, dunno about Wallace though.

Edited by Matt

Im sure weve had a few late bloomers, so dont see why we didnt keep hold of these 2. I know Baxter was offered a contract but wanted to free himself up to make himself more attractive to other clubs who would give him 1st team footy, dunno about Wallace though.

Adam Forshaw, Jose Baxter, and James Wallace all were offered contracts I believe but chose to leave because they wanted first team football regardless of whether it was at a lower level or not.