IGNORED

James Mcclean

• 1 month later...

Going to Sunderland.

As did the rest of the footballing league. Bruce is such a wank manager. Honestly, he spends a shit load of money every year, buys between 10 and 14 players, and wonders why they're not playing well after their 'honeymoon' period. How Quinn hasn't told him to fuck off and stop spending his money is laughable.

As did the rest of the footballing league. Bruce is such a wank manager. Honestly, he spends a shit load of money every year, buys between 10 and 14 players, and wonders why they're not playing well after their 'honeymoon' period. How Quinn hasn't told him to fuck off and stop spending his money is laughable.

Ive never got that, Bruce to be next Manure manager, future England manager the guys crap! He was shit at Wigan and hes shite at Sunderland its craszy everyone used to bleat on about Brian Robson being a top manager but he was just as shite, as was Roy Keane theres a link building here isnt there!!

• 6 months later...

How much was he?

Noddy knew if him back last August, pleases me to see an honest lad come good regardless of who they play for.

Coleman, Maclean, Duffy, DJ Campbell, Ian wright, mcateer,

Love those stories - worthy of a thread? Quick rises?

Or slow risers? Lee Trundle, Rhyl, Wrexham, Swansea. A blue nose who now plays for Neath Afc.

Or slow risers? Lee Trundle, Rhyl, Wrexham, Swansea. A blue nose who now plays for Neath Afc.

What happened to Lee Trundle? I always thought that he was a lower league player that was destined for great things in the Premier League and I find it astonishing that he is now playing his trade in the Welsh Premier League. I was a young teenager at the time of him being around so I don't know the ins and outs but I always had the impression we would see him at Goodison one day (if not in a blue shirt in somebody elses).

Same goes for Lee Hendrie. I know he was a pile of wank but I'm sure he went from being a squad player at Aston Villa to playing in Indonesia.

What happened to Lee Trundle? I always thought that he was a lower league player that was destined for great things in the Premier League and I find it astonishing that he is now playing his trade in the Welsh Premier League. I was a young teenager at the time of him being around so I don't know the ins and outs but I always had the impression we would see him at Goodison one day (if not in a blue shirt in somebody elses).

Same goes for Lee Hendrie. I know he was a pile of wank but I'm sure he went from being a squad player at Aston Villa to playing in Indonesia.

First see him play for Rhyl against Carmarthen town, jesus must be 12ish or more years ago now, Every one said this guy is special, que a move to the Dragons and then on to the Swans, Moyes showed real interest, but alas we bought Bent I think, shame because he was one really silky player, so not his type!!!!shaking fist.png

I dont see anything in him that makes him particularly special. Dont get me wrong he looks like he is going to be a good player, especially for the money and he will work his arse off but judging on the small bits I have seen of him so far I dont think he will be any better than what we have.

I dont see anything in him that makes him particularly special. Dont get me wrong he looks like he is going to be a good player, especially for the money and he will work his arse off but judging on the small bits I have seen of him so far I dont think he will be any better than what we have.

He's better than Coleman for a start.

no he's not and that kilbane comparison bullshit he's twice the player now than kilbane ever was

Coleman is a headless chicken who doesn't seem to know what to do, whereas McClean looks more like he has an idea what to do with the ball once he's in a position to do something with it. If Coleman can learn the defensive side of the game I think he'll make a good right back, but he's never a winger.

Twice as fast as Kilbane maybe but that's about it. They both just kick the ball ahead of them and run onto it.

no he's not and that kilbane comparison bullshit he's twice the player now than kilbane ever was

Sorry but i agree with Romey on this, ive said for ages now that Coleman is pants, all he does is run quickly, he gets booked when he tackles anyone, can't cross, average dribbling, he's not really a wide player or a full back, imo he needs a couple of years in the Championship to workout what he is, the step up from the Irish league to the Premier has been to much for him imo.

Coleman is a headless chicken who doesn't seem to know what to do, whereas McClean looks more like he has an idea what to do with the ball once he's in a position to do something with it. If Coleman can learn the defensive side of the game I think he'll make a good right back, but he's never a winger.

Twice as fast as Kilbane maybe but that's about it. They both just kick the ball ahead of them and run onto it.

Spot on. I love Coleman for his willingness to work, but McClean seems to have that and more of a footballing brain.

i can see what you mean about the kicking and running round them but he is alot more skillfull than kilbane and to be fair he is only young but to think alot of people want to see gueye well i think colemans twice the player he is too. gueye looks like he's never played football when ive saw him anyway but we all no coleman is a fullback and to be played out of position because we have some old cunt who backs off and backs off untill the opposing player is in the 6 yard box must have him banging his head after every game.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I really see little or no skill in Coleman's game tbh, he's just not that sort of player. There's no trickery to beat a man, his whole game is based on getting a run on the oppositions player and hope that he's faster than he is.

That worked when he first started playing because he was an unknown quantity and was allowed more room to get that run on the player, but players are found out very quickly in this league and opposition teams hve realised that if you shut off the space for him to run into his usefulness is pretty much zilch. If he was played at full back he'd get that room and would be that exciting player I loved when he first started playing, but he needs to get better defensively. But the only way he's going to learn is by playing there and Moyes seems reluctant to do it.

i don't know what it is about gueye but i like him...seems to create chances and goals when he plays...think he has a fair few assists to his name in his limited playing time
Hes the anti Coleman - very good footballing head on him from what ive seen but doesnt have the pace/work rate yet