IGNORED

Lucho Gonzalez

• 4 months later...

Avin, I have been like that for quite some time, it would be hypocritical of me to view any purchases seriously or good enough to get remotely excited about.

On a side note, anyone see sturridge yesterday-outstanding. Would have loved him here this season. Good to see franks dummy come out, looks like he may be trying to get JT and drogba to rebell against AVB

Avin, I have been like that for quite some time, it would be hypocritical of me to view any purchases seriously or good enough to get remotely excited about.

On a side note, anyone see sturridge yesterday-outstanding. Would have loved him here this season. Good to see franks dummy come out, looks like he may be trying to get JT and drogba to rebell against AVB

until he had a shot, shouldve had a hatrick (not taking anything away from Krul too, he had a great game) but his movement and positioning was excellent and deserved his goal.

edit: Av, what happened to the eternal optimism mate? Youve just come back from holiday, thought you would be recharged!

Edited by Matt

until he had a shot, shouldve had a hatrick (not taking anything away from Krul too, he had a great game) but his movement and positioning was excellent and deserved his goal.

I like him, he can shoot either foot, has good pace and he gets into the positions to score - he can take the man on too. He is the man to replace Rooney for group stages. Has the greed you need for a top striker.

edit: Av, what happened to the eternal optimism mate? Youve just come back from holiday, thought you would be recharged!

It's was just a bit of tongue and cheek, but the best way to treat transfer speculation is to see who walks out on the pitch every week. The press know fans are desperate, and know they'll get thousands of hits every week simply by mentioning us. I have to agree with Haf on that one.

As for Sturridge, he is confident at the mo, but he misses far too many for him to be successful at Everton. Miss one for Chelsea, and 10 minutes later you get another opportunity, but at Everton you might get one per game, and need to be more clinical. He goes down a bit easy too. I have him in my FF team.

It's was just a bit of tongue and cheek, but the best way to treat transfer speculation is to see who walks out on the pitch every week. The press know fans are desperate, and know they'll get thousands of hits every week simply by mentioning us. I have to agree with Haf on that one.

As for Sturridge, he is confident at the mo, but he misses far too many for him to be successful at Everton. Miss one for Chelsea, and 10 minutes later you get another opportunity, but at Everton you might get one per game, and need to be more clinical. He goes down a bit easy too. I have him in my FF team.

He takes shots, a rarity for any everton player.

At the moment I'd say Sturridge should be Chelsea's first choice.

He does miss a few when he shoots from range, but it's his positioning that is above and beyond anything at Everton at the moment. Whether he is drifting in at the far post or dashing through to the near, he does what none of our midfielders and strikers do, and that's put himself where the probability of a goal is much higher. Almost none of our players get into those areas, even on corners, and if they do they miss. Sturridge runs all game, has a great first touch, good vision and is a strong finisher, as well as possessing a little finesse (the backheel goal springs to mind). He's also English and young, so it's pretty much guaranteed he'll be worth more than Torres in the next 3 years.

Exactly the kind of player we need and could never afford.

Edited by The Regulator

• 3 weeks later...
Louis, think they're talking Euros. If we get a couple of mil for Bily he might be worth a punt, get a few years out of him and would be good teacher for Barkley. Attempt to sign Royston on a free. Vicious rumour Donavon maybe looking for something permanent... Christ!! . sorry was getting carried away!