IGNORED

What The Hell?

Feel free to move this as im sure another topic was started but ffs can I find it......

The "view new content" button.... is it working or not......

When I select it I never get the same page twice...... I know people have been posting today so... is it not showing the posts in order?

urgh it doing my head in.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liked the old layout, probably get used to this in time.

I was looking for the place to put a suggestion!

Suggestion!!.......There seems to be thousands of members, but only a handfull of regular posters, surely we want many more of the members to start posting.

Could you not have a section for new posters, where people with over say 250 posts can't comment or post, in fact where regular posters can't access.

A moderator could keep an eye on the place, and new posters could get the hang of the forum without the thought that they will be shot down, or have the piss taken out of them.

Once they hit the 250 posts or whatever they would be up and running. I still think they should contribute to the whole forum, it's just there seems to be something stopping new members from posting.Some of the non posters could well have plenty of good things to bring to the forum, you just need to get them up and running.

I know some new members just jump straight in.....but many, many more don't, why?

Liked the old layout, probably get used to this in time.

I was looking for the place to put a suggestion!

Suggestion!!.......There seems to be thousands of members, but only a handfull of regular posters, surely we want many more of the members to start posting.

Could you not have a section for new posters, where people with over say 250 posts can't comment or post, in fact where regular posters can't access.

A moderator could keep an eye on the place, and new posters could get the hang of the forum without the thought that they will be shot down, or have the piss taken out of them.

Once they hit the 250 posts or whatever they would be up and running. I still think they should contribute to the whole forum, it's just there seems to be something stopping new members from posting.Some of the non posters could well have plenty of good things to bring to the forum, you just need to get them up and running.

I know some new members just jump straight in.....but many, many more don't, why?

I think you would just end up with one part of the forum very boring and empty if you did that........ new posters would just get bored with the lack of "busy" up to date topics

I think you would just end up with one part of the forum very boring and empty if you did that........ new posters would just get bored with the lack of "busy" up to date topics

I didn't mean new posters have to stay in their own part, they would use the whole forum, but they would have a place to chat and talk without older members making comments.Just thought some members would like a new members section to use if they wanted too.

Probably wouldn't work out, just out of 3,500 members, there must be a few more wanting to post, just because a member has thousands of posts doesn't mean he knows more than a new poster.......all forums need new blood......just wondering how you could do it!

I think the new layout looks great.

People are a bit upset, but it's natural, and it's because they were used to the old one, and need to learn to use this one now, but visually, it's very nice. Still classy, and yet more professional looking.

But I think there's something wrong with the emotes, not all appear properly. :wacko::wacko:

Do I still have a control panel to message people and set avatars etc etc and is the arcade hidden away somewhere.

Personally I am not a wizard on a PC and I am all for progress but I think the new layout is not as appealing as the last, which appeared very easy to use. I suppose that will come with time.

Do I still have a control panel to message people and set avatars etc etc and is the arcade hidden away somewhere.

There's a little down arrow to the right of your name in the top right corner of the screen....beneath the search box. Click on it and you get a drop-down list to access your profile/messages etc :) .

The arcade will be back soon.

i dont know how its messy?

it looks cleaner to me, there is only the main page has the calender and new threads section.

people dont like change, tend to fear it, progress is frightening.

complaints indicate lack of progress?

in the same hollow sense one could say people need change just for the sake of change.

anyway, I don't mind the new layout. profile control is easier and once the arcade section is back toffeetalk will once again be the best forum for everything everton related.

no offense Blue250 but your suggestion of members with 250+ posts helping new members to reach the same number of posts is beyond patronizing. I think it's safe to assume that anyone who registers on a -forum- would only do so if they think they have something to say without the need for older members making comments to "help" them express their views better.

to sum up : we're afraid of progress, and we need the guidance of a totalitarian hand :).

no offense Blue250 but your suggestion of members with 250+ posts helping new members to reach the same number of posts is beyond patronizing. I think it's safe to assume that anyone who registers on a -forum- would only do so if they think they have something to say without the need for older members making comments to "help" them express their views better.

to sum up : we're afraid of progress, and we need the guidance of a totalitarian hand :) .

If you think it's patronizing offering new members the chance to post without getting slagged for their oppinion and a chance to get the hang of the place without a big poster making them feel small, then that's up to you :blink:

If you think it's patronizing offering new members the chance to post without getting slagged for their oppinion and a chance to get the hang of the place without a big poster making them feel small, then that's up to you :blink:

Ok, misunderstood because I haven't seen anyone get "slagged" for their opinion yet. Thought you were implying people needed to be taught how to post and could only acquire that skill after 250 posts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

....the only thing i dont like is the size of the signatures can take up half a page. other than that, nice site!

They shouldn't do, it's in the site guidelines...

C - OVERSIZE SIGNATURES - We ask you to keep them to a reasonable size.

We downsized a couple recently, if you see any that are that big then let someone know.

Bill's best for that sort of thing :) .

What do you think is complicated about here?

if youre asking me mate (and im going to assume you are as this is FAR more interesting than my job at the moment)...

trying to keep track of the topics that ive commented in (assuming that ive not got the email notification on, if i understood that correctly). also, the smilies on the right of the screen cover the edge of the text box (but that could be my crap work computer!)

i think its just a matter of getting used to things. the best thing about this forum though, there is no abuse hurling (that ive seen) and people seem to respect opinions (to a degree!).

i dont want to complain, ive just arrived and im enjoying it. but im that bored and this was the only thread i think i hadnt got to !

There is a delete button top right corner of the smilies, and they only show when you click on the smiley above your reply, when the smilies do come down it does'nt interfere with the text, so i dont see a problem on that score. :)

probably just my crappy computer, but ive attached 2 printscreens to show what i mean. its a quite day again. want to look busy on here as the other site im supposed to go to for support has just had its first case of swine flu! dont want to be going there then...

one other suggestion as a possible improvement. The blue room had a little animation next to the post when some replied in the same post you had written in. could it be possible to add something like this to keep track on which threads youve made a comment in? just an idea and like i said, im very very bored...