IGNORED

The second coming of "The Holy Trinity"?

With the (hopeful) emergence of Ross Barkley this season, it got me wondering if we might begin dream to see the second coming of The Holy Trinity. In a few years' time could we view Barkley, Rodwell and Fellaini in the same way Everton fans viewed Kendall, Ball and Harvey in the late 60s/early70s?

Now, I realise it's pretty unlikely that we'll have BOTH Rodwell and Fellaini still at the club in a few years, but just allow me to indulge for now biggrin.png

The thought of Fellaini and Rodwell destroying teams from defensive/holding midfield positions and Barkley then taking over to set things up in attack is one that should get any Evertonian excited.

One can only pray.

Edited by Jesse_Wray

Funny enough I was talking to an Arsenal fan at the airport yesterday, season ticket holder in his sixties, and he said Bally was really unpopular there, "not an Arsenal player" he said and he reckoned their double winning team broke up when Bertie Mee tried to build the team around him.

His development has stalled, hasn't it? I remember watching a few years ago now in the Victory Shield thinking he would be great. He played defence then.

If a player is sold, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Rodwell. He doesn't add much to the team and his reputation is largely because of his goal against Man Utd.

Rodwell was always billed as a centre back - lets give him a go there if not in the cup or ressies. He's certainly got the build to be a CB. He's decent in the middle of the park and certainly not a winger as he can't cross.

I always thought he'd end up like Rio Ferdinand - eased into 1st team football as a def midfielder then turned into a centre back. We'll see.

That's what I thought but I'm sure that Arteta has played behind Rodwell before. I'm not sure if that's because of Rodwell's inexperience and Arteta was required to cover for him.

He's gone from being Everton's answer to Steven Gerrard to Everton's acceptable answer to a transfer fund.

Barkley is a view at the future, you cant compare him to Kendall, Harvey and ball because none of them were 6ft 2, built like brick out houses who could outsprint the likes of Saha. Seriously excited by this lad. I think he is going to be making his full international debut in the next year. Watched goals on Sunday and mr capello knows a fair bit about him, expect him in next under 21 game.

Rodwell? For me centre half, could be the player Gary Cahill is, needs to express himself. Why has he stalled? Moyes, sorry but I hold him accountable. The lad has the ability but is playing with fear or caution he didn't have a good while back,

I think Rodwell needs confidence, when he gets confidence he will become the cracking player we always thought he would be smile.png

I agree, I think its confidence. We should not sell him for 1 reason and 1 reason only. He isnt worth enough money right now. We cant expect large sums for players that havent performed in a long time.

I do feel that Rodwell is being wasted. I have said for a while that Moyes clearly doesnt have a clue where his best position is. Im not convinced he is a CB BUT if he has weaknesses in that area that can be improved then playing wide right or in midfield isnt exactly going to help.

Him and Barkley with Fellaini behind played well against Villareal, and I think its something to stick with. I can certainly understand people say he has regressed and be sold, because he hasnt shown anything for over a season now, but I wouldnt want to write him off just yet.