IGNORED

Fellaini signs contract

Louis

Kenwright the chance to “move closer” to agreeing terms with Marouane Fellaini on a new contract that would make him the best-paid player in Everton’s history.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/8712257/Everton-manager-David-Moyes-walks-financial-tightrope-between-keeping-stars-and-not-jeopardising-clubs-future.html

The best paid-player in Everton's history.. a similar deal was offered to Rooney, let's hope that it doesn't turn out the same way. Equally, can we afford to offer the contract ? It must be pushing £4m a year.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could arguably command £80k a week, will seriously look to pay that knowing we have rodwell and Barkley vying for the same spot?

Looking like a sold player to me.

look what happened to Arteta when he got a fat contract, he disapeared, do we want to chance a similar situation again? like you say haf Rodwell can slide in there as a replacement quite easily

• 2 months later...

i'm with romey..heard it so many times...just shut up about it til it's done or not

Only in the media though, I dont remember seeing anything on the OS.

Rather we sold him for good money and bring Pienaar back. He's good when he's good, but no great loss if he doesn't sign. Not enough hours on the pitch in form for my liking.

Out of sheer curiosity, why? Pienaar hasnt played regularly in a 9 months and Felli has been one of our better players. Not sure how much money we would get for him if his contract is running out, 18 months left or something right?

Rather we sold him for good money and bring Pienaar back. He's good when he's good, but no great loss if he doesn't sign. Not enough hours on the pitch in form for my liking.

What for? Dump him in the reserves to teach him a lesson for leaving?? He hasnt playeds for Spurs this season so i cant see what youve based this on, Fellis a far better player than Pienaar Baines made Pienaar look good.

Only in the media though, I dont remember seeing anything on the OS.

Out of sheer curiosity, why? Pienaar hasnt played regularly in a 9 months and Felli has been one of our better players. Not sure how much money we would get for him if his contract is running out, 18 months left or something right?

He's had an awful lot of time on the bench for a record signing, and has only shown glimpses of form. 9/10 was only 1762 minutes in the Prem, and the following year he was only 1652 minutes. His first season was 2385. When we consider a season consists of at least (based on 90 mins only) 3420 mins, he's not exactly been prolific, especially as we don't rotate. If we had both Felli and Pienaar we'd have quite a midfield again, but we have little creativity in our team since Pienaars departure. It's no surprise he isn't playing at Spurs, but he would be playing here. He's our best player for some time, and I feel we lost more when he left than we did when Arteta left. If we got good money (and I mean good money) we could add 3 or 4 players to a small squad. I don't agree Baines made Pienaar look good at all. I think they both complimented each other. Don't get me wrong, it's not going to happen. Pienaar wanted away, and who can blame him when you look at us now, and as Arteta has left, I can't see Fellaini wanting to stay, and let's be honest, he would be mad to refuse a big club opportunity. It's a pity we didn't have Arteta, Pienaar, Felli, Barkley, and Drenthe all at the same time, but it will be at the cost of another big name player that Moyes might find another midfield and strike force.

This will be my saddest day as an Evertonian, worst than Arteta and Rooney combined

seriously? wow im not, nowhere near it, the much coveted (not) Fellaini will end up at a mid-table German club or an Italian Club, never top 4 Prem and no way La Liga,

if he does, well i take everything back and hold my hands up

Edited by theprisoner

seriously? wow im not, nowhere near it, the much coveted (not) Fellaini will end up at a mid-table German club or an Italian Club, never top 4 Prem and no way La Liga,

He'd walk straight into Barca, Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea imo. He's always linked with Real Madrid but they're the only team with a stronger DM/CM in Alonso.

Edited by pete0

Give him whatever he wants. We cant afford it but we cant afford to not afford it.

A big contract for him that tied him for 4-5 years would at least enable us to realise his full transfer value. I cant face another Pienaar saga of will he/wont he and then let him go for a fraction of his true worth to prevent losing him on a bosman.

Im a massive Felli fan, he just does his job so easily and calmly and Im not sure all of us fully recognise what he brings to the side

Edited by codders78

He'd walk straight into Barca, Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea imo. He's always linked with Real Madrid but they're the only team with a stronger DM/CM in Alonso.

he might walk into Arsenal, but Barca? they have Busquets, ive seen Barca a few times(in the flesh) and id say Busquets is much better than Fellaini, and Chelsea have Essien and Ramieres who would both be ahead of him imo.

he might walk into Arsenal, but Barca? they have Busquets, ive seen Barca a few times(in the flesh) and id say Busquets is much better than Fellaini, and Chelsea have Essien and Ramieres who would both be ahead of him imo.

It has been said that essien is at least 3 times better at everything than fellaini...

I dream of shagging Emily Browning in the face. happy.png

Yeeeeeeesss!!!! She is hot. I was disgusted with myself for fancying her in Lemoni Snicketts.....oh my days.

Pris, I really think he could get into the best teams in Europe, easily actually. Someone like Jeventus would absolutely love to have someone of the calibre of Fellaini (and i really mean that)....continues below.....

Pete, agree. I think the one team noone seems to be mentioning is United. He'd be the perfect addition for them. He can mop up all the shite whilst the rest of the team attack. Fellaini would excel at United IMO....I hate myself for saying that :( but its true.

Yeeeeeeesss!!!! She is hot. I was disgusted with myself for fancying her in Lemoni Snicketts.....oh my days.

Pris, I really think he could get into the best teams in Europe, easily actually. Someone like Jeventus would absolutely love to have someone of the calibre of Fellaini (and i really mean that)....continues below.....

Pete, agree. I think the one team noone seems to be mentioning is United. He'd be the perfect addition for them. He can mop up all the shite whilst the rest of the team attack. Fellaini would excel at United IMO....I hate myself for saying that sad.png but its true.

like i said, if he does sign for one of the big teams, then yeah, i will happily hold my hands up and say i was wrong