IGNORED

Denis Stracqualursi

Isn't it time some of you got off Anichebe's back ?

The lad is a damn good player, and I'd like to see how many other of our players would sit on the bench every week without becoming fed up. Vic is an Everton player. Support him.

Johnny springs to mind.

Damn good player is a bit generous too - he has potential but rarely realizes it. Championship player at best, despite an impressive cameo yesterday.

Johnny springs to mind.

Damn good player is a bit generous too - he has potential but rarely realizes it. Championship player at best, despite an impressive cameo yesterday.

The same Johnny that is continuously linked with a move away? Hmmmm ..........

You can't realize potential sat on the bench or out with broken legs Matt.

Other than being a hard worker, and a likeable guy, exactly what did Straq bring to the table that Moyes wasn't aware of? If he was good enough, he would still be here.

The same Johnny that is continuously linked with a move away? Hmmmm ..........

You can't realize potential sat on the bench or out with broken legs Matt.

Other than being a hard worker, and a likeable guy, exactly what did Straq bring to the table that Moyes wasn't aware of? If he was good enough, he would still be here.

The same Johnny who is linked away in the papers but continually shouts out his support, determination and his happiness at Everton through the OS and twitter.

I agree, on the bench (broken leg is obvious) doesnt give you the game time you need. He either needs a loan for experience or let him move on. All im saying is that at this moment, whatever circumstances have passed (no matter how unfortunate), hes just not good enough.

Straq wasnt good enough in terms of finishing but he was a much harder worker (which for me is important), didnt sulk and smack the ground like a spoilt child, didnt dive and had an obvious love for the club. The question was who would I rather have and thats an easy one for me.

He looked good enough last night poppy sox. rolleyes.gif

This is why I used the word cameo, it was 45 mins. Ive also praised him for his performance in the matchday thread. But take any game he played last season where he started and look how out of his depth he is, or how many times his workrate is poor, even coming off the bench.

He got the contract though, where Straq didn't, so he must have impressed somebody.

As said, he's an Everton player, so should be supported. I'm not sure the 'Super Sub' nickname was earned for being poor off the bench. He won't find it easy to become our number one striker, but he is great back up, and a defenders nightmare. He ran his ass off last night, and scored twice. We can't ask for more than that.

He got the contract though, where Straq didn't, so he must have impressed somebody.

As said, he's an Everton player, so should be supported. I'm not sure the 'Super Sub' nickname was earned for being poor off the bench. He won't find it easy to become our number one striker, but he is great back up, and a defenders nightmare. He ran his ass off last night, and scored twice. We can't ask for more than that.

He was already on a contract and has been with Everton a long time, so for sure he was always going to be the one to stay (if the debate even officially arose)

Just because I dont think hes not good enough doesnt mean I wont support him when he plays. I'll also criticize him if I think he deserves it.

Super-sub token came from about 5 years ago now, and the fact he hasnt progressed in that time to being a regular starter says hes not good enough, even taking injuries into account.

And one last time, Ive praised his cameo last night. He did work hard, he closed down and took his goal very well. There was no petulance from him, no sulking and that display alone epitomizes why he drives me nuts - he has the ability, he just rarely uses it.

Cant really put my take on him any clearer than I have the last 2 posts.

This is why I used the word cameo, it was 45 mins. Ive also praised him for his performance in the matchday thread. But take any game he played last season where he started and look how out of his depth he is, or how many times his workrate is poor, even coming off the bench.

I think he did well on numerous occassions last season.

I think he did well on numerous occassions last season.

End of last season he showed promise but no consistency. The years before that, which do include his injuries he was out, he still had a fair few appearances, mainly from the bench and didnt perform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Anichebe

I know its wiki, but its usually ok for these kind of stats.

The worst thing in his career was learning from Yak (stay with me). Before Yak came, he was determined, exciting and got on with it, electric off the bench. Shortly after having trained and worked with one of the laziest players to have ever graced the planet, Vic seemed to become lazier and more petulant, just like Yak. He'd go down to easily etc, kick and stamp when it didnt go his way, then mooch around the rest of the game. Difference is, Yak is a much better striker than Vic is, meaning he doesnt have to work as hard. Its this transformation thats stuck in my head and why I'd rather he left.

Av - I stick by my statement before. Id rather Vic left and Straq stayed, even over keeping them both (purely for from a fiscal perspective).

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

He's on loan to a team in fucking Ecuador. Something tells me he isn't EPL caliber now (was he ever)?

Never was. Was an incredibly hard worker and had a lot of spirit, but never good enough for this level. It says something that before we signed him on loan, he had a trial with Leicester City and they didn't have any interest.