IGNORED

Denis Stracqualursi

He did look a bit, erm... heavy, from what I saw breifly form highlights. I think he may have a way to go till he gets fully fit, but did show a nice glimpse of the spectacular with the overhead [i'm ignoring the fact that is was a fair way over the bar ;) ]. I'm not sure he's ready for a full 90 mins of prem action, but I'm still hopefully that he may be a slow burner.

• 2 months later...

Really?

I thought i had missed him play,

it was only that i was talking to my partners dad who is a Toffee about Everton's strikers and i was thinking on the way home and thought there is someone else we didn't talk about then i thought i have not even seen him play.

Is there a reason do you think?

Again didnt really do too much today, although I would say he didnt look out of his depth with the touches he did have.

Does anyone know if he has been playing for the reserves?

the few times he has come on he has shown some good touches, he had a good flick on with his head for Cahill today, but its a time thing, 10 mins here and there, you have to be good to change a game in that sort of time.

the few times he has come on he has shown some good touches,

I agree with this, but it's all well and good making judgement's on 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there. Moyes sees him everyday and you have to trust he knows what he's doing with his player selections unsure.png

I asked the question to a friend:

"hes just saying hes been on holiday and been with his family and how hes in great shape, hes gained 3 kg but lost 10kg before. now hes playing for a first division team instead of second division. now theyre talking about his big break in sociale in argentina, was a very big step according to him! he didnt want to live in wherever his new club was and now he likes his club so he moved there for the best. hes not played bad, but hes not played good! , how much of this do you want to know?"

It's from 2009 though, kinda not that interesting haah.

• 2 months later...

£1,000,000 - £2,000,000?

I hope we do sign him and I can't see Tigre asking that much. I can actually see us being able to negotiate a bargain as it is obvious that Stracq would rather play here for us than go back to his parent club. After seeing his peformance against Chelsea I'd be gutted if we had to let him go and I think it would benefit the team as a whole if he became a permanant player.

I'm liking him more than Drenthe at the moment.

Interesting bit from Wiki on Straq: Stracqualursi joined Tigre for the 2010–11 Argentine Primera División season on a one year loan with the option to buy. While Gimnasia struggled to find the net, scoring only 13 goals in total during the 2010 Apertura tournament Straqualursi scored freely for Tigre.

So it seems he is contracted to Gimnasia, and not Tigre. Dont know how this would affect his transfer fee but whether it be Gimnasia or Tigre, they couldnt ask for that much surely?

Edit: It doesn't actually say they took up the option to buy at the end of his loan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Stracqualursi

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Just had to drag this out so I can laugh at Bailey........... Sorry

To be fair it didnt at that point but at least I was giving him a chance to prove himself!

Saying that I still believe he isnt a natural goal scorer but his hard work creates opportunities which he is exploiting! Long may it continue (if he still plays for us!)