IGNORED

Denis Stracqualursi

When Rooney left we had Bent as 1st choice striker and finished 4th. This time we've got an unknown argie... We're gonna win the league. Joking aside we do better the more when we're the underdog, hopefully teams will come to Goodison and not just defend making it easier to break them down, could be a blessing in disguise.

This said, I feel sick to the stomach. Absolutely gutted Artetas gone

Apparently he was only able to sign because he holds an EU passport (presumably Spanish), otherwise permit issues would have prevented the move.

The move was reported to have cost £1.9m - presumably that was a loan fee?

I really hope 1.9m is loan fee plus 1 years wages otherwise that is crazy paying that much for someone unproven at this level for 1 year, a similar fee to what we accepted for Pienaar as we could not afford to let him run down his contract?

Strong, good with his head. (he seems to prefer his head to his feet, the first goal would have been simpler to just tap in with his feet, but he knels down to use his head instead) Apparently this was in the second division a couple of years back, cant seem to find new footage.

Argentina-based football journalist Daniel Colasimone believes the Blues have landed themselves a genuine talent.

"He was a highly regarded player at Tigre," says the editor of argentinafootballworld.com.

"They are a small team so he did very well to be the player with the most goals last season, 21, when you combine the Apertura and Clausura charts.

"In the first half of the Clausura, especially, he was devastating. Being at such a small club, he was no superstar, but as he kept banging in goals his stature grew considerably, culminating with a superb performance against Boca Juniors in April in Tigre’s 3-3 draw.

"He became the first player to score a hat trick against Boca in the Bombonera in 15 years and was suddenly on everybody’s lips.

"He is a bit of a cult figure, the type of players fans love as he is a big, powerful focal point of his team’s attack and is also willing to get stuck in and work hard for the team."

Colasimone believes Stracqualursi will adapt to the physical demands of the Premier League.

He said: "There is little surprise that he is moving on, though nobody here had much of an inkling that he would be off to England just now.

"He was being lined up by champions Velez as a replacement for their recently departed striker Santiago Silva, who went to Fiorentina.

"He should do well in the Premier League, though it will certainly be a test for him. Due to his hulking size he is not super mobile, but I definitely wouldn’t call him a slouch.

"As I said, he’s hard working and not afraid to track back.

"His job, I assume, will not be to run about too much, but to act as a target man in the box, and his characteristics would seem ideally suited to Everton.

"He is the type of big number nine who is valuable to the team even when he is not scoring, as he can play with his back to goal and is quite skilful with his feet.

"In that context I would compare him to someone like Andy Carroll, or even a Mark Viduka. He is more than capable of laying off nice little passes around the edge of the box to make chances for his team-mates.

"He is also dominant in the air, at least in the Argentinean league. I would temper all this by saying that this type of striker is quite a rarity in Argentina, and tends to do well here as defences have trouble coping with such a powerful, direct threat."

Ultimately Colasimone, who hosts Argentinian football podcast ‘The Hand of Pod, believes fans may have to be patient to see the very best of the promising hit-man.

"It’s the reason that someone like Martin Palermo could score hundreds of goals here but did not really make an impact in Europe," he says.

"That is not to say Denis will find it too tough in England, I think he is deft enough on the ball to excel, but he may take a little while to adapt."

http://www.argentinafootballworld.com/rising-star.html

Tall, robust and proficient with his feet; Denis Stracqualursi is everything Argentinians love in a number 9. His reputation was already growing throughout this Clausura as week after week he played ruthless target-man football, barging his way to the top of the scorers’ charts. In a league where attacking football is usually dominated by fluttering will-o-the-wisps, it was refreshing to see a striker earning his keep by relying on brute physicality, with just a touch of intricacy as an afterthought. If previously ‘Traca’ was an attractive prospective signing for the Primera’s bigger clubs or European observers, Round 10 of the Clausura was when he well and truly arrived. He became the first player in 15 years to score a hat-trick against Boca Juniors in the Bombonera. And he did it in typical Traca style. Two monstrous headers and an unstoppable penalty put him on the front pages of the sports dailies and all but earned him a move to greener pastures this summer. Better start learning the pronunciation (STRA-KWA-LURE-SY)... and remember the name.

Im quite excited about his arriving. He can be a huge hit for us. He seems to have decent right foot, and headers almost of Dig Dunc. We could have a true "power forward" here, who can win the balls for us, has also good workrate etc, we will see, hardly cant wait to see him in action. Hopefully he will be banging us to europe :) Baines and Drenthe will be our creative force on left, crosses are flying for him and cahill. Also Felli Osman Barkley nice midfieldchoices, Bily, Coleman, Gueye(or BArkley) on the right side :)

Always look at the bright side of life

Im quite excited about his arriving. He can be a huge hit for us. He seems to have decent right foot, and headers almost of Dig Dunc. We could have a true "power forward" here, who can win the balls for us, has also good workrate etc, we will see, hardly cant wait to see him in action. Hopefully he will be banging us to europe smile.png Baines and Drenthe will be our creative force on left, crosses are flying for him and cahill. Also Felli Osman Barkley nice midfieldchoices, Bily, Coleman, Gueye(or BArkley) on the right side smile.png

Always look at the bright side of life

Bily on the right wont bring us crosses from that side. Will however give us someone who tries to cut in and have a shot. Neville can deliver a cross into the box from that side. Coleman cant. Id like to see Barkley in the middle.

I also think we can have a good season, just hoping that Denis lives up to my expectations. Otherwise we have Saha and Vic. Dont think Vellios will be given a run this year.

From the OS-

As for as his style of play, Stracqualursi added: “I am a striker who plays in the penalty box. I am good at heading the ball and I am strong but I am also good with my feet. But I am here to get in the box and score goals.”

Good to hear, with the system Moyes plays we need our only striker to focus solely on attacking.

Praying he comes good for us, he looks a bit of a unit and an Everton number 9-esque player. If he can bully and dominate defenders then maybe our other players will start to adapt to life without the likes of Arteta, and the predictability that came with him, giving us a new lease of life in our play.

Here's hoping...

From the OS-

As for as his style of play, Stracqualursi added: “I am a striker who plays in the penalty box. I am good at heading the ball and I am strong but I am also good with my feet. But I am here to get in the box and score goals.”

Good to hear, with the system Moyes plays we need our only striker to focus solely on attacking.

Praying he comes good for us, he looks a bit of a unit and an Everton number 9-esque player. If he can bully and dominate defenders then maybe our other players will start to adapt to life without the likes of Arteta, and the predictability that came with him, giving us a new lease of life in our play.

Here's hoping...

Im hoping that he will have a unforgettable debut vs villa with a hattrick. 2 headers from a crosses from left and one blasted penalty kick to top right corner of the net.