IGNORED

Denis Stracqualursi

If he's cheap, we must sign him up, even if he's just an option. His work rate inspires and for me thats priceless! He's an old fashioned CF loving him ATM

Whether he can score or not he creates chances. From working his arse off he creates chances for the others and if we signed him I think that our overall goal tally would significantly increase. It might sound like I'm doing a Kevin Keegan here but I am a firm believer that the more shots you take the more goals you score. When Louis was at the club he didn't shoot much and he hardly ever sprinted after the ball to create a chance (hence why our goals per game was naff) while since Stracq has been playing he himself has scored more goals than Saha this season and he has probably created more goals than anyone else in our team.

If you don't believe me just look at previous games; We scored two past Chelsea, one past Wigan (even though we should have scored more), we scored one past Manchester City and we could have had about 8 against Blackpool today. How many do you think we would have scored with King Louis?

His work rate is second to none and I would rather see an average player who loves the club and is prepared to give 110% than a solid striker who is here for the pay packet and will only run for the first 45 minutes.

To not sign him would be a sin.

Whether he can score or not he creates chances. From working his arse off he creates chances for the others and if we signed him I think that our overall goal tally would significantly increase. It might sound like I'm doing a Kevin Keegan here but I am a firm believer that the more shots you take the more goals you score. When Louis was at the club he didn't shoot much and he hardly ever sprinted after the ball to create a chance (hence why our goals per game was naff) while since Stracq has been playing he himself has scored more goals than Saha this season and he has probably created more goals than anyone else in our team.

If you don't believe me just look at previous games; We scored two past Chelsea, one past Wigan (even though we should have scored more), we scored one past Manchester City and we could have had about 8 against Blackpool today. How many do you think we would have scored with King Louis?

His work rate is second to none and I would rather see an average player who loves the club and is prepared to give 110% than a solid striker who is here for the pay packet and will only run for the first 45 minutes.

To not sign him would be a sin.

I'd rather see a lazy fecker who only has two or three chances per game but scores.

I'd rather see a lazy fecker who only has two or three chances per game but scores.

Your point is? I'd rather have a lazy fecker who only has two or three chances per game but scores than have a whippet that has five or six chances and misses. The fact is that whilst Denis might not be the most gifted player in the world he does score. In the past few games he has been scoring for us and that has enabled us to climb up the Premiership and get into the next round of the FA Cup.

I'd rather see someone with the passion and determination like Denis who has two or three chances and puts them away than a lazy fecker who has two or three and does the same because along with the goals that Denis' puts away he probably creates two or three for the others in the team.

Ibrahimovic or Dennis? I know which one I'd have, my point is let me have a striker that needs only one chance, when we are under the cosh, rather than needs 10 to score 1, ie... Andy Cole. And loads of Mancs would agree. Still, you can only piss with the cock your given, we can only afford Dennis and I'll back him to the hilt. (Unless Jelly becomes red hot!)laugh.png

Ibrahimovic or Dennis?

Silly argument, if we were given the option of a world class striker like Ibrahimovic then of course I'd take him in a flash but at Everton Football Club those days are on the horizon and we need to discuss matters that are effecting the club right now. We were in a realistic situation mere weeks ago when we was debating whether we should be starting Louis Saha regularly or whether we should be starting with Big Denis. I personally would prefer Big Denis and I believe that with Louis gone and Denis playing week in week out we are a better football club.

(Just to note; I'm not kicking off at you, I merely have a differant opinion).

Ibrahimovic or Dennis? I know which one I'd have, my point is let me have a striker that needs only one chance, when we are under the cosh, rather than needs 10 to score 1, ie... Andy Cole. And loads of Mancs would agree. Still, you can only piss with the cock your given, we can only afford Dennis and I'll back him to the hilt. (Unless Jelly becomes red hot!)laugh.png

Ibra is not that lazy! He ran the show against Arsenal, ran up and down the pitch, defending and creating. His game has changed alot since moving to milan.

i would be gutted if we didnt end up signing him hes really grown on me works his balls off and is solid with ball at feet and has started to find the back of the net lately.

Here here, and let's not forget he's still only 23 (though he looks 33), so I imagine there's a few amount of improvement to come in his game. I worry about his stamina and pace, but I say sign him up and give him a real chance.

Ibra is not that lazy! He ran the show against Arsenal, ran up and down the pitch, defending and creating. His game has changed alot since moving to milan.

Milan have moved back to the old system under Sacchi, namely zonal 442, high pressing keeping the centre halves within 25-35 yards of the forwards, Ibra is the screen to stop the opposition passing forward from defence, in fairness Barca bought him to bulk up their forward line, as another option in their light forward area, I think Villa has a more clever movement, but that's an arguement for another time, but here at the Rossonerri he has to get his own ball back so to speak, Milan was ok but the Arse were, cm'on really very poor were they not? This is the first time he has pulled his finger out his backside for a long time, If he did not work hard then Arsenal would have just passed around him to be honest, it will be different for him against say Barcelona or Madrid whose players are more athletic, clever and will just pull him out of position, leaving a play through the middle, I'd have him but I think he needs a worker along side him. Better players than him work just as hard, if not harder for their team, I have always thought him rather lazy yes, but I might be comparing him to the Straq!!!laugh.png

I honestly don't think he is where he needs to be physically... no doubting he has such great drive and determination but he needs a bit of a hand in getting 'slimmer' - if he loses half a stone, improves his sharpness then he will be a true beast.

At the moment he is a bit reminiscent of Beattie - he has a far better attitude and drive but looks a bit hard running. Hopefully our coaches can get a little sharpness from him...

I honestly don't think he is where he needs to be physically... no doubting he has such great drive and determination but he needs a bit of a hand in getting 'slimmer' - if he loses half a stone, improves his sharpness then he will be a true beast.

At the moment he is a bit reminiscent of Beattie - he has a far better attitude and drive but looks a bit hard running. Hopefully our coaches can get a little sharpness from him...

How do we line up to get the best out of him though, because I feel for the guy when he busts a gut trying to close down players as not often another player will help him, (maybe because of he is the furthest forward), he has a serious work ethic. You might be right he does need to loose a few pounds, but I'm afraid we are going to run him into the ground and sustain an injury.sad.png

How do we line up to get the best out of him though, because I feel for the guy when he busts a gut trying to close down players as not often another player will help him, (maybe because of he is the furthest forward), he has a serious work ethic. You might be right he does need to loose a few pounds, but I'm afraid we are going to run him into the ground and sustain an injury.sad.png

At the moment he's a workhorse, make him a race horse.

Carry less weight, use energy efficiently, and keep pissing defenders off. Could be very good, our own Kevin Davies.

I wonder how much Tigre will want for him. I hope its not in excess of 2 mil, even though IMO he'll be worth more at the end of the season.

Moyes said small fee so maybe in the £1m bracket? Very useful player who seems to have an excellent attitude. No brainer - he's proved most of us wrong on here (including myself!)

That's the sort of fee I was thinking of. You'd think we'd be able to afford that without having to sell first...

Would've thought that we could have afforded the 500k for Gibson, but didnt that come from Jutkeiwic's deal to Borough? I have a horrible feeling that this one could slip through our fingers, even at an embarrassingly low price.

Would've thought that we could have afforded the 500k for Gibson, but didnt that come from Jutkeiwic's deal to Borough? I have a horrible feeling that this one could slip through our fingers, even at an embarrassingly low price.

I hope not, he has shown up a few of the other players this season, it would be a shame to see him leave, can't see him being more than £1m imo, but he has done more than Gibson and Drenthe and it will be embarrassing for Moyes if we don't pick him up.

I hope not, he has shown up a few of the other players this season, it would be a shame to see him leave, can't see him being more than £1m imo, but he has done more than Gibson and Drenthe and it will be embarrassing for Moyes if we don't pick him up.

I like what dennis has done but to say he's a better player than drenthe is just foolish. effort wise yes he does put more effort in but he's certantly not a better player.

i did'nt say he was a better player did i? i said he's done more, and anyway Drenthe IS crap imo, but thats my opinion

I think Drenthe is a classy player but agree that Denis has done more to earn his move but we've expected a lot less from him. Give me Drenthe vs Man.City or Blackpool on a weekly basis though - yes please! I want Drenthe and Denis - Royston just needs to show the effort/maturity (class is undoubted) to be a Prem player on a more regular basis.

I think Drenthe is a classy player but agree that Denis has done more to earn his move but we've expected a lot less from him. Give me Drenthe vs Man.City or Blackpool on a weekly basis though - yes please! I want Drenthe and Denis - Royston just needs to show the effort/maturity (class is undoubted) to be a Prem player on a more regular basis.

yeah, i just can't take too Drenthe he does my head in tbh, so much ability but does'nt seem to know what to do with it apart from the odd flash here and there. I can see why he got a move to Madrid but i can also see why we were the only one's who seemed interested in taking a gamble with him.

i did'nt say he was a better player did i? i said he's done more, and anyway Drenthe IS crap imo, but thats my opinion

With the assists he's brought to the team this year I have to disagree with you there mate, although I can see why you would think hes a bit shit, he is very clumsy and selfish, hopefully Moyes can find the right balance in him to make him a top player.

Maybe we should just have a team of Nevilles - don't try and beat a man, don't get shots on target, dont fizz crosses in (ironically his twitter name is fizzer?), but can put the odd crunching tackle in, hoof balls clear, point and shout....

If nurtured Drenthe can be a world beater... he is a potential match winner - frustrating but exciting, if we had a squad like Man city then yeah - we can afford to be critical but we don't, we have too many technically limited players to be picky.