IGNORED

Moyes

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What constitutes a bigger club? Tell me history and i'll show you Notts Forest, tell me money i'll show you QPR, tell me fan base i'll show you Newcastle. Tell me transfer activity and i'll show you Stoke.

ooh, nice post! looks like a joey barton tweet!

all very true.

i see a lot of people talking about the timing of the sale.

its completely irrelevant, moyes has already said he will not be getting the funds anyway.

i really hope we dont lose DM, hes been great over the years. I do worry about Redknapp going to England and DM going to Spurs.

Nothing that's happened today will have happened without his say-so.

Alarmist.

ive been saying for ages now that Moyes knows exactly whats going on, but everyone is so wound up with Kenwright, that Moyes goes unnoticed at the moment, but Moyes and BK have always said that its Moyes who decides the squad, and he will have sanctioned the departures of those players, if Moyes leaves the club it will be for other reasons, not cause we let a player(s) go

Why would Moyes leave?

He has one of the best jobs in the business, and the biggest alibi in top level world football should he fail.

I wish I had his job.

100% agree - is £70k a week for being a tactically inept book balancer? I await his statement that 14th is a reasonable expectation given his squad...

Don't think Moyes is going anywhere. He always speaks highly of the club and it was Arteta that forced the transfer through not Bill or Moyes. What's the point in keeping a player who doesn't want to be here? Just look at lescott. Moyes isn't stupid. I'm interested in seeing how Modric does now that he's been fored to stay at spurs.

ooh, nice post! looks like a joey barton tweet!

all very true.

i see a lot of people talking about the timing of the sale.

its completely irrelevant, moyes has already said he will not be getting the funds anyway.

i really hope we dont lose DM, hes been great over the years. I do worry about Redknapp going to England and DM going to Spurs.

Do you really think Spurs fans want his brand of football?

Owen Coyle changed Boltons brand, Martinez changed Wigans brand, Moyes has changed our brand, they are more fluent teams than ours.

When we gelled, our football was outstanding. I appreciate we've lost some key players, but against Blackburn we were compared to Barcelona by Merson, so we can't have been that bad.

When we gelled, our football was outstanding. I appreciate we've lost some key players, but against Blackburn we were compared to Barcelona by Merson, so we can't have been that bad.

Was Merse off the wagon? No really, I saw that too on SSN! What seemed to make Moyes take a step backwards in terms of attacking philosophy?

Was Merse off the wagon? No really, I saw that too on SSN! What seemed to make Moyes take a step backwards in terms of attacking philosophy?

I don't see that he has. I think when we used the American lad on the wing, and still had Pienaar, we were very close to where we needed to be, and just lacked a bit of luck in front of goal.

We were trying to pass the ball in to the net, because nobody would shoot.

I don't see that he has. I think when we used the American lad on the wing, and still had Pienaar, we were very close to where we needed to be, and just lacked a bit of luck in front of goal.

We were trying to pass the ball in to the net, because nobody would shoot.

Then it was up to Moyes to see this happening and work with them on the training ground.

Why would Moyes leave?

He has one of the best jobs in the business, and the biggest alibi in top level world football should he fail.

I wish I had his job.

Dont we all, however its a bit different than posting your opinion on a forum, everything looks easy from the outside

Hang on, we where all on here a month ago saying if a high profile player was to leave let it be Arteta as we have a decent midfield if Rodwell et al step up?..

This will be upsetting but Avinalaff, your right. Moyes doesn't have to do a thing, no one expects us to do anything, consensus of opinion is that we will be crap now.

Pulis is ambitious, as is Lambert and the lad at Swansea. Moyes is safe.. Tactically he hasn't learnt.. Remember Villa? back from 2 down then reverts to type and we lose.

Man U 3 down at half time? back to 3 3 then reverts to type we lose.. I could go on, you guys know.. we play not to lose, we don't play to win.. And he's probably getting to the stage when he's thinking whats the point... I don't like his style of play or his tactics, but Kendall was boring too.. He's realistic and sensible, would be a great chairman, thats the reason i'm confident we'll survive

Sorry if i've pissed a few off!!

We were playing pretty football with no end product because we couldnt afford a decent enough forward to finish it off

If we had have had someone like Tevez, Rooney or Van Persie in our side at the start of last season we probably would have finished in the top 4

We were playing pretty football with no end product because we couldnt afford a decent enough forward to finish it off

If we had have had someone like Tevez, Rooney or Van Persie in our side at the start of last season we probably would have finished in the top 4

Yes but we didn't have them did we? But besides the point, dominant build up play getting within and around the box and then sweet Fa happens!

It would help but if we didnt get the ball into them properly then they still wouldnt have a chance. Look at RVP for Arsenal in the last couple of games. He hasnt had much of a sniff because Arsenal have been playing really poorly against decent opposition.

I dont disagree that we would have scored or created more if we had a top class striker BUT it wouldnt solve our problems. We seem to be happier playing the percentages and going sideways that getting at teams. The only exceptions to the rule were/are Beckford, Coleman & Baines.

Overall im not overly disappointed Mikky has left. He hasnt really contrinuted too much over the past season and a half. The money was lower than we should have taken, but he was the biggest earner and it will probably save us a lot in the long term (along with Yakubu). It will be interesting to see how he does at Arsenal because it will reflect on how Moyes has been playing him and whether he has been somewhat wasted, or whether Arteta just isnt that good anymore. I dont think it has hindered us in the short term with Drenthe coming in, but it could next summer if we still dont have any funds.

I dont believe for one second that Moyes would walk. He knows the situation and he knew it when he signed his contract. He needs to stop feeling sorry for himself, get the team organised and go out with the mindset of winning football games.

Thing is, I think we'll be ok. Drenthe is a threat , quick, strong and mobile and will drift naturally left rather than cut in. He and Baines will be effective.. Traca will scare the shit out of the oh so pretty central defenders. Him AND Fellaini ?? I wouldn't want to face them.. We have strength and mobility.. Come on people, they have a week to settle before Villa..We where 1 dimensional in terms of playmaking with Arteta. Let him enjoy his last big move..... I'm getting excited!!!jump for joy.gif

I dont believe for one second that Moyes would walk. He knows the situation and he knew it when he signed his contract. He needs to stop feeling sorry for himself, get the team organised and go out with the mindset of winning football games.

Agree that Moyes wouldn't just walk. Don't know about the mindset issue though.

I reckon that we can all see the flowing, attacking mindset Moyes is trying to instill in the squad. It's just the bloody cutting edge in and around the box we lack consistently.