IGNORED

Moyes

Agree that Moyes wouldn't just walk. Don't know about the mindset issue though.

I reckon that we can all see the flowing, attacking mindset Moyes is trying to instill in the squad. It's just the bloody cutting edge in and around the box we lack consistently.

I do find it a little bit strange because in Moyes' defence, you do here him screaming at players to break forward from midfield, but for some reason it just didnt happen. For me that is one of our main problems, we dont get enough people getting forward and creating space. We just seem to sit deep and shuffle the ball from side to side.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the site. I agree that DM knows the score at Everton but think that it was very poor of Arteta to leave us high and dry at the last minute but also what was the point of him staying if his heart isnt in it and hopefully the money will be spent wisely, I think DM is an abfab manager and hope he doesn't go anytime soon as I'd like to believe he has a love for Everton but would understand the frustrations he must feel..Anyway could be worse, my fella is a Derby fan!

I think we can play some fantastic football matches, Man City games? Couple of those were amazing to watch. Also there was the Blackburn game, as mentioned, and a couple other games which had some great passing football :D

I think Moyes tries his best to implement it but the problem is the players also need to be on form.

It would help but if we didnt get the ball into them properly then they still wouldnt have a chance. Look at RVP for Arsenal in the last couple of games. He hasnt had much of a sniff because Arsenal have been playing really poorly against decent opposition.

I dont disagree that we would have scored or created more if we had a top class striker BUT it wouldnt solve our problems. We seem to be happier playing the percentages and going sideways that getting at teams. The only exceptions to the rule were/are Beckford, Coleman & Baines.

Overall im not overly disappointed Mikky has left. He hasnt really contrinuted too much over the past season and a half. The money was lower than we should have taken, but he was the biggest earner and it will probably save us a lot in the long term (along with Yakubu). It will be interesting to see how he does at Arsenal because it will reflect on how Moyes has been playing him and whether he has been somewhat wasted, or whether Arteta just isnt that good anymore. I dont think it has hindered us in the short term with Drenthe coming in, but it could next summer if we still dont have any funds.

I dont believe for one second that Moyes would walk. He knows the situation and he knew it when he signed his contract. He needs to stop feeling sorry for himself, get the team organised and go out with the mindset of winning football games.

This...........

New to the site. I agree that DM knows the score at Everton but think that it was very poor of Arteta to leave us high and dry at the last minute but also what was the point of him staying if his heart isnt in it and hopefully the money will be spent wisely, I think DM is an abfab manager and hope he doesn't go anytime soon as I'd like to believe he has a love for Everton but would understand the frustrations he must feel..Anyway could be worse, my fella is a Derby fan!

Welcome.

I don't think Arteta left us high and dry.

We still have quite a midfield, even though we've now lost Pienaar and Arteta. If we look at the players still available for the first team, we're in pretty good shape:

Osman

Fellaini

Bilyaletdinov

Neville

Heitinga

Coleman

Barkley

Cahill

Rodwell

Drenthe

Folk forget that not too long ago, we had one of the best midfields in the game, so we'll be ok.

The money is welcome, and it gives someone else a go. We'll need to add to it as time goes by, but I think Arteta dominated our style of play too much. We would play in a certain style, regardless of what style on which afternoon it was, but the minute Arteta came on, it would always change, and not always for the best. He would take charge, and that's not a bad thing, but sometimes we lost momentum. Arteta would work best with lots of movement. I think had he gone to United, he would have thrived.

Welcome.

I don't think Arteta left us high and dry.

We still have quite a midfield, even though we've now lost Pienaar and Arteta. If we look at the players still available for the first team, we're in pretty good shape:

Osman

Fellaini

Bilyaletdinov

Neville

Heitinga

Coleman

Barkley

Cahill

Rodwell

Drenthe

Folk forget that not too long ago, we had one of the best midfields in the game, so we'll be ok.

The money is welcome, and it gives someone else a go. We'll need to add to it as time goes by, but I think Arteta dominated our style of play too much. We would play in a certain style, regardless of what style on which afternoon it was, but the minute Arteta came on, it would always change, and not always for the best. He would take charge, and that's not a bad thing, but sometimes we lost momentum. Arteta would work best with lots of movement. I think had he gone to United, he would have thrived.

A common mistake that is made that I have made many a time is that we always look at the best 11 from our squad - however the average injuries per team per game in the prem is 3 ish.

Work out the 3 that you would "accept" being injured (Vic, Hibbert and maybe Billy) and you are left with a team that should do ok, take out Baines, Jags and Distin for example and it's a case of getting some inexpreienced kids in - not an acceptable situation.

A common mistake that is made that I have made many a time is that we always look at the best 11 from our squad - however the average injuries per team per game in the prem is 3 ish.

Work out the 3 that you would "accept" being injured (Vic, Hibbert and maybe Billy) and you are left with a team that should do ok, take out Baines, Jags and Distin for example and it's a case of getting some inexpreienced kids in - not an acceptable situation.

I don't disagree, but my point was in relation to Arteta, and our midfield, and whether he left us high and dry.

I don't disagree, but my point was in relation to Arteta, and our midfield, and whether he left us high and dry.

Hmmm, still not sure av. Arteta is one heck of an insurance policy if rodwell goes missing, felli injured and barkley being rested. Cahill is no longer a starter option it pains me to say. Even when Arteta was having a so so game, he was always comfortable on the ball and gave us a calm prescence.

Hmmm, still not sure av. Arteta is one heck of an insurance policy if rodwell goes missing, felli injured and barkley being rested. Cahill is no longer a starter option it pains me to say. Even when Arteta was having a so so game, he was always comfortable on the ball and gave us a calm prescence.

Arteta spent quite a fair bit in the treatment room himself.

In the last 3 seasons, his minutes on the pitch were 2251, 1033, and 2405 giving an average of 1896.3 minutes per season. A full season without injury would be 3420 minutes. Considering Moyes doesn't employ a rotation system, that's not a great return for 75k per week.

Fellaini is just as bad.

His stats on the pitch are dismal, with the last 3 seasons being 2385, 1762, and 1652 giving an average of 1933. Did I read somebody mention he was worth £34m ?

Edited by Avinalaff

got twatted by a greek for one of those injuries remember..talent can't will the leg not to get hurt in a tackle like that

also the first season he played most the games..his discipline problem was the reason he missed some in the first year but he's calmed that now since bein in midfield

and i think you made a mistake with arteta..must be 1896 not 1596..guessin you misclicked the 5 cos its nowhere near that

Edited by marcopaulo

Arteta spent quite a fair bit in the treatment room himself.

In the last 3 seasons, his minutes on the pitch were 2251, 1033, and 2405 giving an average of 1596.3 minutes per season. A full season without injury would be 3420 minutes. Considering Moyes doesn't employ a rotation system, that's not a great return for 75k per week.

Fellaini is just as bad.

His stats on the pitch are dismal, with the last 3 seasons being 2385, 1762, and 1652 giving an average of 1933. Did I read somebody mention he was worth £34m ?

Nail on the head right there.

Arteta has been overrated in the last couple of seasons. A few awesome goals since he got injured, but hasn't looked anywhere near his best in a looonnnngg time.

got twatted by a greek for one of those injuries remember..talent can't will the leg not to get hurt in a tackle like that

also the first season he played most the games..his discipline problem was the reason he missed some in the first year but he's calmed that now since bein in midfield

and i think you made a mistake with arteta..must be 1896 not 1596..guessin you misclicked the 5 cos its nowhere near that

Yes, I meant 1896. Don't have my glasses on lol.

Injuries come from many reasons. The fact is that injuries or not, they're the minutes on the pitch for our league games over 3 years, and it's not great.

There's what? 3000+ minutes in a season?, So point well made Av. I think the 3 injury theory is realistic too. I was under the impression Distin was recruited to cover the fullback role, a natural replacement for Lescott? DM giving that as the reason for not buying a younger defender.. Drenthe can also cover as full back. Personally, i'm hoping he does well as he's on a free in Jan.

Dm is a legend! ok he has'nt won anything with us yet!

Without a shadow of a doubt is in the elite of pm managers,ok....

His tactics can be a bit strange at times,almost disgusting but for the shoestring budget he's on and the team we have at the moment he should be commended for his tolerance, loyalty,and overall understanding about our traditional football team!!

An overlooked undermined genius! without him at the helm this club would be fucked along time ago FACT

I agree with the post above.

This interview says alot for me.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7165777/Moyes-Cahill-Will-Play-Up-Front

Moyes is a hard nosed fucker who wants to create a legacy at everton I honestly believe that. Hence why he has not left.

Cahill for me has always been a striker as he does not have the skill or tackling to be a midfielder. I have no problem with the sales in the window ok we haven't replaced but of the 3 that went arteta was passed his best becks was plain old good business and yak was never going to get a game never mind who was sold so who cares. We now have 4 strikers including cahill a dutch international on loan at left wing and in my opinion the squad has not really been weakend so lets get behind them and hope the boys here can do it. Win our game in hand and we are in the top 6

• 2 weeks later...

Job description:

facilitate sales of top talent in premier league club to provide funds for the club to survive and back fill through cheap unproven replacements, scour the lower obscure leagues in Europe in order to tap cheap rersource that isn't being sourced by competitors. Ability to guarantee continued premiership survival essential, astute tactician desirable not essential. Working with restricted budget means any top half finishes are viewed as success - £3.6m per year

In my opinion his pay needs to be performance based - it may well already be but £70k is excessive if that is his basic.

There will be many a blue chip manager enticed at those sorts of wages using the talent pipeline that we have. The considerations are - would they work with the budget restrictions moyes has? Not likely.

If we were to be bought out and money was available to spend, would I trust moyes to spend it wisely? Would I trust him to utilise the players correctly?

I believe Moyes needs an assistant who is strong minded, can test his negative tactics, help identify players - a Peter Taylor if you like (cloughs assistant - who was the tactician)

It is clear to me that moyes needs support, he isn't the overall package that many believe.

In my opinion his pay needs to be performance based - it may well already be but £70k is excessive if that is his basic.

There will be many a blue chip manager enticed at those sorts of wages using the talent pipeline that we have. The considerations are - would they work with the budget restrictions moyes has? Not likely.

If we were to be bought out and money was available to spend, would I trust moyes to spend it wisely? Would I trust him to utilise the players correctly?

I believe Moyes needs an assistant who is strong minded, can test his negative tactics, help identify players - a Peter Taylor if you like (cloughs assistant - who was the tactician)

It is clear to me that moyes needs support, he isn't the overall package that many believe.

Moyes will see any No 2 placed upon him as a threat, only natural I suppose and he has already got one of his own choosing, he chose Round, so it shows what Moyes lacks, someone to nudge him in the right direction. Seems to me Round is a '' Yes man''

Moyes will see any No 2 placed upon him as a threat, only natural I suppose and he has already got one of his own choosing, he chose Round, so it shows what Moyes lacks, someone to nudge him in the right direction. Seems to me Round is a '' Yes man''

Unfortunately I must agree, round does have the sickening Phil Neal "eager beaver" look about him, as do many. They know which sides their breads buttered.

Often you can tell when a good number two goes, look at the reds, Paco, when he left. Wilkins (can't believe I pit that)

Unfortunately I must agree, round does have the sickening Phil Neal "eager beaver" look about him, as do many. They know which sides their breads buttered.

Often you can tell when a good number two goes, look at the reds, Paco, when he left. Wilkins (can't believe I pit that)

agree too

I know it would never happen but id love to see Holloway working with Moyes.