IGNORED

Ross Barkley

8 hours ago, Gwlad said:

With a little help from an agent who arguably has more between the ears.

It would be extremely difficult for a player to think "let's try and make the club some money even though it will cost me £10m (or whatever it was)"  when he feels like he's been taking pot shots left right and centre.

The cheeky bastards who decide and tell the players "sign this by x date you are getting this and no more" are the ones who get paid millions to stop doing their job. The leechy agents will tell them this... "Ross, do you know how much Koeman and Walsh are on? You have one big move in you, no time for sentiment, do you want to gift Everton £10m of your money?"

From Koeman to Walsh to DBB, the 3 people involved at the business end of Barkleys contract - the money they have cost the club is mind boggling. Not just the cost of their contracts and severance - but the cost of their decisions. 

They are like politicians, masters at deflection - get the population venting at the wrong targets while they milk as much money as they can and when fucked off they live the life of Riley with zero conscience. 

Let's face it the only honest people in football are the fans. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It would be extremely difficult for a player to think "let's try and make the club some money even though it will cost me £10m (or whatever it was)"  when he feels like he's been taking pot shots left right and centre.

The cheeky bastards who decide and tell the players "sign this by x date you are getting this and no more" are the ones who get paid millions to stop doing their job. The leechy agents will tell them this... "Ross, do you know how much Koeman and Walsh are on? You have one big move in you, no time for sentiment, do you want to gift Everton £10m of your money?"

From Koeman to Walsh to DBB, the 3 people involved at the business end of Barkleys contract - the money they have cost the club is mind boggling. Not just the cost of their contracts and severance - but the cost of their decisions. 

They are like politicians, masters at deflection - get the population venting at the wrong targets while they milk as much money as they can and when fucked off they live the life of Riley with zero conscience. 

Let's face it the only honest people in football are the fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong but am I detecting just the tiniest hint of cynicism in this?:huh:

I'd take Barkley now, because we need all the help we can get. Here's what's sad though: when we had ambitions of Europe I wouldn't have taken him; times change, however. 

He's been great at Luton, but let's not forget he's a confidence player. His confidence is at an all-time time high, because he is their best player this season, and it's also a testament to his career so far. 

He might be able to walk into our squad, but that's such a low expectation.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.