IGNORED

Ross Barkley

32 minutes ago, StevO said:

For £10m I’d turn my back on Everton too. To be honest, I’d turn my back on Everton if anyone could give me a good enough reason to. 😂 

Ross Barkley is coming back😂 I would take the 10mil I’ve got my eye on a yacht that is currently moored up in Menorca it wouldn’t take me long to sail her down the coast to Mojaca, there’s only 2 problems first the wife has said forget it, and 2nd which is proving the biggest they want 2.8mil 😩

3 hours ago, Chach said:

The only key missing point in this discussion is people ignoring the benefit that the club had from him, it's completely forgotten in the equation, for 4 years he was among the first names on the team sheet.

Tall poppy syndrome.

What benefit was that exactly? We didn't win anything with him, and he wasn't exactly doing it for free either. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

What benefit was that exactly? We didn't win anything with him, and he wasn't exactly doing it for free either. 

Compare him cost wise transfer fees and wages to one of his peers, the Icelander or a Bolassie or one of his replacements like Gomes or Bernard.

We paid Barkley less than 50k per week the entire time, wouldn't even get to 10m if you included the cost of all the 'nurturing'.

Given what we know now about the chaos at the club I just think we can give him the benefit of the doubt likes Shukes said rather than believe he was involved in some kind of Machiavellian plot to fuck us over.

Hanlon's razor.

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

So that makes it even worse that he would then do what he did, or in your opinion on what you have said above are you now saying he has earned the right to shit on the club, and we should forgive forget and applaud and welcome him back, it would split the fan base no end and he wouldn’t improve the team, we have better players than him in MF, was he really that good when he was here, he was possibly the most inconsistent player in the team. He went to Chelsea and didn’t improve them he went to Villa and didn’t improve them, let him enjoy the extra money he made on his deal but don’t allow him to rub our noses in it, the supporters at Chelsea made their feeling be known by constantly booing every time he touched the ball, so before anyone at the club has the shortsightedness to think of bringing him back they need to take on board what the supporters think about having a snake back in the club. 

The thing is Palfy it's all conjecture, neither of us really know what happened, you have taken the worst possible interpretation of what happened and then labelled it a fact in your head and it's left you full of resentment about something that may or may not have happened. And like Mike Skinner said, 'resentment, is the poison you take hoping someone else with suffer.'

Even if I am delusional, at least I aint bovvered.

47 minutes ago, Chach said:

Compare him cost wise transfer fees and wages to one of his peers, the Icelander or a Bolassie or one of his replacements like Gomes or Bernard.

We paid Barkley less than 50k per week the entire time, wouldn't even get to 10m if you included the cost of all the 'nurturing'.

Given what we know now about the chaos at the club I just think we can give him the benefit of the doubt likes Shukes said rather than believe he was involved in some kind of Machiavellian plot to fuck us over.

Hanlon's razor.

So because management screwed up on other transfers that's OK then? 👍 

35 minutes ago, Chach said:

The thing is Palfy it's all conjecture, neither of us really know what happened, you have taken the worst possible interpretation of what happened and then labelled it a fact in your head and it's left you full of resentment about something that may or may not have happened. And like Mike Skinner said, 'resentment, is the poison you take hoping someone else with suffer.'

Even if I am delusional, at least I aint bovvered.

Fair enough Chach we see it from a different view point, anyway mate happy new year and let’s see what the footballing god’s have in store for 2022. 

On 10/11/2021 at 20:44, c1982 said:

I’d have him on loan to see what’s what - if attitude, fitness and desire are there then welcome back. Quality has never been in question - he should have done so much more with it though.

I’m going back on this now - I don’t want Barkley, I don’t want Coutinho - I want young and hungry players to build with and work with the already experienced senior players (on high wages) we already have e.g. Allan, Doucoure and Gomes in midfield.

There’s plenty in the Championship - O’Hare at Coventry, Knight at Derby, Carvalho at Fulham, even Swift (a bit older) at Reading - all would be on a fraction of a Barkley £150k or Coutinho £300k wage - we have made the same mistake over and over again with high earning 28-30 year olds and need to break the cycle.

19 hours ago, Palfy said:

Ross Barkley is coming back😂 I would take the 10mil I’ve got my eye on a yacht that is currently moored up in Menorca it wouldn’t take me long to sail her down the coast to Mojaca, there’s only 2 problems first the wife has said forget it, and 2nd which is proving the biggest they want 2.8mil 😩

Well if you get your hands on that £10m you can buy the yacht and a new wife. 😂

On 31/12/2021 at 13:28, Matt said:

That would be true most of the time. The key missing points though, that separates him from the rest, is that Everton were his boyhood club, Everton raised him and brought him into the fray, he got to play for the team he loved and when it came to move (which I don't think anyone begrudges him for) he dawdled so that club who nurtured him and he supported lost out on a massive chunk of funds, from which he profited massively, financially at least. That 1 decision, no matter how logical it may seem from the outside, is why he will never be accepted again. He was one of our own, not some transfer. 

That is exactly why the fans can have their opinion that a multi millionaire stung the club and would not be welcome back.

• 7 months later...
27 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Free on modest wages would make sense. But I’m the same, I don’t think it would be right for the club and supporters.

I think it’s a good move for plenty of clubs, just not ours. Even the unrealized potential that has been his whole career is good enough to come off the bench and make an impact 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Free on modest wages would make sense. But I’m the same, I don’t think it would be right for the club and supporters.

Definitely not a good move for us, we’ve just managed to move Dele on after throwing him a lifeline that he couldn’t grab hold of, no reason to think it would be any different with Ross.