IGNORED

Ross Barkley

It really wouldn’t bother me. He left, we didn’t get the money, so what, move on. If he comes in and does a good job I don’t care. I want results on the pitch and for his flaws he is better than most of our midfield. If Rafa thinks he can use him (and I can put up with Rafa having that choice) then I can put up with him being in an Everton shirt. 

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

It really wouldn’t bother me. He left, we didn’t get the money, so what, move on. If he comes in and does a good job I don’t care. I want results on the pitch and for his flaws he is better than most of our midfield. If Rafa thinks he can use him (and I can put up with Rafa having that choice) then I can put up with him being in an Everton shirt. 

I'd be mostly on board with that, except I know he won't do a job. As many have commented, he has all the ability in the world, just not the brain to use it. 

15 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Imagine 

Allan, Doucoure 

Richarlison Barkley Gray

DCL

🔥

You're spot on, Barkley in this team would burn Goodison to the ground. 

I just caught a replay of Chelsea's 3-3 draw against Zenit. He gave the ball away so cheaply on numerous occasions, and was a passenger far too often. He has his moments where his quality shows, but for the remaining 90% of the match, you're tearing your hair out trying to figure out what he's doing.

11 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

You're spot on, Barkley in this team would burn Goodison to the ground. 

I just caught a replay of Chelsea's 3-3 draw against Zenit. He gave the ball away so cheaply on numerous occasions, and was a passenger far too often. He has his moments where his quality shows, but for the remaining 90% of the match, you're tearing your hair out trying to figure out what he's doing.

Absolute bollocks. He would thrive in this side. 

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

Surely Moshiri would stop this from happening, him and his agent blatantly did a deal with Chelsea that cost us 15-20 million and a year of his wages. Thing’s like that will never be forgotten or forgiven by fans, and any accountant like Moshiri who’s struggling to balance the books would never forgive.

Sunk cost. It won't be a factor.

3 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Very true but he is still an upgrade on what we have and in our current situation our options are very limited

A couple of weeks ago I might have agreed with that, but now we have more of the injured players nearly ready he would do no more than make the bench. Plus a swop loan deal for Digne would be another poor piece of business. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

A couple of weeks ago I might have agreed with that, but now we have more of the injured players nearly ready he would do no more than make the bench. Plus a swop loan deal for Digne would be another poor piece of business. 

Agree 100% with the bit in bold,personally I will be sorry to see Digne go but it looks inevitable. For me if he does go we should only be considering a permanent deal and alas the fall out with Rafa has kind of put the ball firmly in the buyers court so we won’t get anywhere near the fee he is worth

I’m only playing devils advocate because to be honest I would be happy to see Barkley’s career completely implode after what him and his agent did and the minute he misplaces a pass the crowd will be on his case and it’s just another potential for things to get very toxic very quickly

However if you take the emotion out of it , which Rafa has a track record for, he is definitely an upgrade on what we have in the squad

14 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

My single biggest problem with bringing Barkley is that there is plenty enough divison in the fanbase with Rafa at the club. Not sure throwing in a player that may result in similar division is a great idea, some will simply hate him from day one, every bad touch will be greeted with groans. 

An even bigger problem is that he’s a player that goes right into his shell when that sort of thing happens as well, so I really don’t see how this move would benefit us in the slightest.

Barkley has split TT imagine the damage it could cause if he split the Goodison faithful, would we lose the 12th man that comes together and often pushes the team over the line. We thought with Benitez it would be a toxic environment and in fairness it wasn’t as bad as we anticipated, but this could be a level of hatred I don’t think we have ever witnessed before, when you steal from your own you’ve well and truly burnt your bridges, his reception the other day will have told him he’s not welcome he’s no longer one of us not because he left but because of the manner in which he did it. I’ve heard the excuses he hasn’t got a brain he can’t think for himself, if you were a true Evertonian you don’t need a brain to tell you what you are doing is wrong you’re heart should be telling you your out of order. Everything about him coming back here is so fucking wrong.  

Im not really sure Barkley is an upgrade on this side. 

He cant replace Doucoure or Allan in a deeper midfield role so that moves him into the front four. 

Is he going to actually be any more effective than Gray, Townsend, Richarlison or Dom? Would he bring more to the side than Gordon?

There is no doubt he is more talented than any of those players but he is also a massive liability. 

He would be a handy player to have come off the bench I suppose but he isn't going to move from one bench to another.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Barkley has split TT imagine the damage it could cause if he split the Goodison faithful, would we lose the 12th man that comes together and often pushes the team over the line. We thought with Benitez it would be a toxic environment and in fairness it wasn’t as bad as we anticipated, but this could be a level of hatred I don’t think we have ever witnessed before, when you steal from your own you’ve well and truly burnt your bridges, his reception the other day will have told him he’s not welcome he’s no longer one of us not because he left but because of the manner in which he did it. I’ve heard the excuses he hasn’t got a brain he can’t think for himself, if you were a true Evertonian you don’t need a brain to tell you what you are doing is wrong you’re heart should be telling you your out of order. Everything about him coming back here is so fucking wrong.  

THIS

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Barkley has split TT imagine the damage it could cause if he split the Goodison faithful, would we lose the 12th man that comes together and often pushes the team over the line. 

Bloody hell Palfy, has it been that long since you’ve been to Goodison? 12th man! 😂

In all seriousness, apart from the Arsenal game the last time I recall any big Goodison atmosphere was when they played the siren for the first time at the derby about three years ago. The place is dead. Not sure if Goodison doesn’t fall apart over Rafa that Ross Barkley could have such an effect. We survived the return of Rooney after all. 

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

This bit is spot on, forget the rest, we need players who want to play for our club.

Aside from this he’s not good enough and won’t take us forward, Gallagher is out of our reach, but is the type of player we need to find.

56 minutes ago, Chach said:

We've got a diamond called Ross Barkley
A toffee that comes from Wavertree
He plays along side Abdoulaye Doucouré
Together at Everton FC
And when you're in the blue
We'll sing this song for you
Because Barkley is a toffee through and through.

Doesn't work, too many syllables in Abdoulaye Doucouré, André Gomes would be better.