IGNORED

Ross Barkley

1 hour ago, RPG said:

Yep, I can't argue with you there. I guess it comes down to principles v pragmatism and if signing him got us to 40 points by March I think I could live with it but I do understand and fully respect the opinions of those who couldn't.

We need everyone to be on the same page this year, we need to fans to all be united and get behind the team 100%. You're going to get sections of the supporters booing our own players from the get go. Whilst I agree with both sides, this would undoubtedly split the fan base and that's exactly what we don't need right now. Steer clear for me. 

Do we need him though? He is no better than what we have right now. I'm fairly happy with Doucoure, Onana, Garner, Iwobi. I think the midfield is the least of our problems at the moment. Our priorities should be as follows:

1. Striker

2. Left back

3. Right back

4. Central Defender

5. Right Winger

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06/02/2024 at 17:44, Palfy said:

He was roundly booed off the pitch by the Everton faithful, yet Townsend was applauded off, reason being he robbed the club of 20 million plus his wages, and fortunately unlike some most haven’t forgotten or forgiven and never should they.  

What's kind of interesting is that we were off by ~20 million on our books according the league and then were deducted points. Obviously Barkley left before the 3 year period that was used for penalizing us, but it does make great food for thought. 

On 06/02/2024 at 23:44, Palfy said:

He was roundly booed off the pitch by the Everton faithful, yet Townsend was applauded off, reason being he robbed the club of 20 million plus his wages, and fortunately unlike some most haven’t forgotten or forgiven and never should they.  

I hold very very little anger to Barkley.   Koeman pulled a contract offer that he was ready to sign.  Baz on toffeetalk gave further details to this.  

we knew Koeman was a twat with him - the reality is Koeman forced a good player out the club so he could get gylfi and klassen.  Just think... we lost money on Barkley plus the extra £75m on two players who were shite. 

Barkley once forced out was in the hands of his agent who made a pretty penny. 

im the first one to put the boot in if a player shafts the club - Barkley left due to pure mismanagement.  He could have been a hero if he told his agent to get the move done for more £££ by then he had checked out.

39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I hold very very little anger to Barkley.   Koeman pulled a contract offer that he was ready to sign.  Baz on toffeetalk gave further details to this.  

we knew Koeman was a twat with him - the reality is Koeman forced a good player out the club so he could get gylfi and klassen.  Just think... we lost money on Barkley plus the extra £75m on two players who were shite. 

Barkley once forced out was in the hands of his agent who made a pretty penny. 

im the first one to put the boot in if a player shafts the club - Barkley left due to pure mismanagement.  He could have been a hero if he told his agent to get the move done for more £££ by then he had checked out.

Didn't he refuse to move during the summer window quoting his injury when he had 1 year left because the contract had been pulled (after he'd stalled on signing) and then go when the January window for half price? Koeman was a prick no doubt but I thought he pulled the offer because Barkley was stalling, so he told him to sod off and when Barkley refused to go in the summer he treated him even worse until he got out in January? There's a lot of what you say but there was a lot on Barkley's shoulders that he needs to take responsibility for.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Didn't he refuse to move during the summer window quoting his injury when he had 1 year left because the contract had been pulled (after he'd stalled on signing) and then go when the January window for half price? Koeman was a prick no doubt but I thought he pulled the offer because Barkley was stalling, so he told him to sod off and when Barkley refused to go in the summer he treated him even worse until he got out in January? There's a lot of what you say but there was a lot on Barkley's shoulders that he needs to take responsibility for.

Yeah, Barkley could have gone in the summer but stayed at Everton and it cost us. Had a hamstring or groin injury. 

Personally I believe this was agents work.... "stay local/home and do rehab and get more money to go in 6 months"......  no way Barkley negotiated that - these lads can barely book a doctors appointment.   Move to London to do rehab....not gonna appeal is it. I did wonder how he could pass a medical tbf. 

as I've said, it was clear as day he wanted to sign a new contract - the treatment he received from Koeman was vile. Every fuckin week and I didn't blame him. By the time Koeman got sacked he was already gone in his head. 

Phil Neville will have well know what was going on, baz at toffeetv was well connected with the club at the time

https://talksport.com/football/235575/it-seems-ronald-koeman-trying-push-ross-barkley-out-everton-phil-neville-tells-talksport/amp/

• 3 weeks later...

Jim Ratcliffe is reportedly going to try and make Barkley one of his first signings, he is reported to be really impressed with his displays for Luton this season. 
That’s fair enough who hasn’t been impressed with Barkley this season, but what I would find concerning as Utd supporter, is another chairman / owner who wants to buy the players and when it goes tits up sacks the manager. 

Good luck to Barkley in securing his final paycheck before going into retirement. He has been a disappointment to each of the clubs he signed with after leaving Everton and only recently found a run of form. It is a big gamble signing him because I'm not sure how long he can keep this going.

On 25/02/2024 at 13:41, Haiku said:

Good luck to Barkley in securing his final paycheck before going into retirement. He has been a disappointment to each of the clubs he signed with after leaving Everton and only recently found a run of form. It is a big gamble signing him because I'm not sure how long he can keep this going.

Just set up a goal for Luton vs city with an outrageous pass. 2 assists in the game 

we could do with someone who does this sort of stuff...... 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

We could do with someone who does that sort of stuff, just not that someone. 

We are a strange club. There exists a special dislike for a player who was essentially bullied out of the club which ended up with us not getting as much money for him. 

Yet fans had to be convinced that a board and owner/chairman were lying, incompetent, underhanded, deceitful, over a period of years which cost us a new stadium in kings dock, seen us sell world class players, and the legacy of which has seen us docked points and look like administration is a possibility. 

I wonder where ingles, Sharp and DBB are now? Not on a bedsheet but more likely a sunlounger in the Caribbean sipping away the clubs money that they did such a fine job protecting. 

37 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We are a strange club. There exists a special dislike for a player who was essentially bullied out of the club which ended up with us not getting as much money for him. 

While I think Koeman should have gone about it in a different way (keep it in-house, rather than saying it in press conferences) bullying is a bit strong. He wanted Ross to work harder and show his ability more often etc, and everything he was saying was what we the fans had been saying as well.

The "bullying" didn't result in us getting less for him, Ross' decision (with his agent) to renege on the agreed deal made us get less money for him.

I wish he'd stayed here, I really do, and felt it was best for his career if he did as well but don't absolve the lad of any blame because you like him and put it all on Koeman because you didn't like him. He can make his own decisions and he could have stayed knowing that he was likely to outlast a manager, or he could have not fucked the club over to get back at Koeman even though he wouldn't have give a shit.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

While I think Koeman should have gone about it in a different way (keep it in-house, rather than saying it in press conferences) bullying is a bit strong. He wanted Ross to work harder and show his ability more often etc, and everything he was saying was what we the fans had been saying as well.

The "bullying" didn't result in us getting less for him, Ross' decision (with his agent) to renege on the agreed deal made us get less money for him.

I wish he'd stayed here, I really do, and felt it was best for his career if he did as well but don't absolve the lad of any blame because you like him and put it all on Koeman because you didn't like him. He can make his own decisions and he could have stayed knowing that he was likely to outlast a manager, or he could have not fucked the club over to get back at Koeman even though he wouldn't have give a shit.

It's not about liking Ross. I was pissed off like everyone else at the time with him not signing for the initially agreed fee.

koeman was a fkn cock the way he went on and on about him.  It was confirmed that Barkley actually confronted him about it. Did he need a psychology course to actually realise that Barkley wasn't the type of player to respond well to verbal criticism to the media?

he didn't do this to get the best from Barkley, he did it cos he's a bully. He caused murder at Valencia, bullied Niasse, then when at Barcelona he did it again. I think he is jealous of footballers. 

blokes a bellend.

once a player makes the decision to move then that is usually that. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

It's not about liking Ross. I was pissed off like everyone else at the time with him not signing for the initially agreed fee.

koeman was a fkn cock the way he went on and on about him.  It was confirmed that Barkley actually confronted him about it. Did he need a psychology course to actually realise that Barkley wasn't the type of player to respond well to verbal criticism to the media?

he didn't do this to get the best from Barkley, he did it cos he's a bully. He caused murder at Valencia, bullied Niasse, then when at Barcelona he did it again. I think he is jealous of footballers. 

blokes a bellend.

once a player makes the decision to move then that is usually that. 

With a little help from an agent who arguably has more between the ears.