IGNORED

Ross Barkley

4 hours ago, Chach said:

Because Barkley is a toffee through and through.

Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

Barkley re-signing would be another massive nail in the coffin for me. Shouldn't be allowed to purchase Everton mints again nevermind set foot back in the stadium. His departure is one of the biggest betrayals I've seen and should never be forgotten, nor forgiven.

Fuck him.

I sense a lot of anger. 😂

Its just football Zoo, it’ll be ok. We’ll play shit with him and we’ll play shit without him, and we’ll all still be there for the next game. But if we can put up with Rafa, and we even put up with Sammy Lee for a while, we can deal with whatever happens. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Just reading up on an article…. Didnt Sheedy want to leave us, didn’t Ratcliffe want out, and Southall put three transfer requests in… one a month!

Bet our fans hate these players.

Before my time, but don't recall any of those players faking injury for a few months so that they could take money off the club they supposedly supported, and the club that had given them a career in the first place.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Just reading up on an article…. Didnt Sheedy want to leave us, didn’t Ratcliffe want out, and Southall put three transfer requests in… one a month!

Bet our fans hate these players.

Carn't believe a twat like Barkley, is mentioned with such icons who all gave their best years to the blues, and were all winners.

50 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Before my time, but don't recall any of those players faking injury for a few months so that they could take money off the club they supposedly supported, and the club that had given them a career in the first place.

Did he fake an injury? 

Our medical team must be idiots! 

45 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Carn't believe a twat like Barkley, is mentioned with such icons who all gave their best years to the blues, and were all winners.

If people don’t rate his ability I’m fine with that. But so many people have wanted to leave the club over the years…. Some stayed, some left. 
But if they were great players it doesn’t matter 🙄

This is the bit that amuses me that’s all.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

If people don’t rate his ability I’m fine with that. But so many people have wanted to leave the club over the years…. Some stayed, some left. 
But if they were great players it doesn’t matter 🙄

This is the bit that amuses me that’s all.

I think it’s more the manner in how he left. You can be honest and honourable or you can cost the club that looked after you from being kid £20 million to feather your own nest, not what you would expect from a home grown player and Everton fan. 

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think it’s more the manner in how he left. You can be honest and honourable or you can cost the club that looked after you from being kid £20 million to feather your own nest, not what you would expect from a home grown player and Everton fan. 

Ding ding ding we have a fucking winner.

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Honestly mate, I’ll don’t think l he did anything untoward…. I think he is just too thick to realise the effect it would have and left it to his agents.

For the record, I don't want him back. Same way I would t want Lukaku back and so many others. It just amuses me a bit that’s all 🙂

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That relationship was symbiotic though Palfy, there are other less monomaniacal lenses to view the situation through in the spirit of even handedness for someone who as you say was home grown and an Everton fan.

If you are leaving your boyhood club to try and better yourself for what will likely be the best contract you sign in your career is it not a reasonable expectation between the player and club that you go in circumstances that give you the best chance of succeeding rather than straight to the treatment table?

Now to add to the conspiracy he must have faked an injury!

At the time I thought his relationship with balloon head was one  of the main factors that contributed to his departure, now in the cold light of day and with 20/20 hindsight it might have been he was best placed as someone who had grown up with the club to see the writing on the wall, you don't have to be a Rhodes scholar to see there's a problem with the culture under the new ownership.

9 hours ago, Chach said:

That relationship was symbiotic though Palfy, there are other less monomaniacal lenses to view the situation through in the spirit of even handedness for someone who as you say was home grown and an Everton fan.

If you are leaving your boyhood club to try and better yourself for what will likely be the best contract you sign in your career is it not a reasonable expectation between the player and club that you go in circumstances that give you the best chance of succeeding rather than straight to the treatment table?

Now to add to the conspiracy he must have faked an injury!

At the time I thought his relationship with balloon head was one  of the main factors that contributed to his departure, now in the cold light of day and with 20/20 hindsight it might have been he was best placed as someone who had grown up with the club to see the writing on the wall, you don't have to be a Rhodes scholar to see there's a problem with the culture under the new ownership.

The issue isn’t that he wanted to leave or better his career the issue is what happened in the process of him eventually leaving, having read your post you give valid reasons for him wanting to go which most would accept but you don’t mention what happened when all the formalities had been agreed  between him and both clubs and he went to Chelsea to have is medical and complete the signing. You can say he didn’t want to go there as an injured player but what difference that makes I do not know, he still gets the dream move he wanted and doesn’t take the risk that they buy someone else, and he can do his rehabilitation with his new club and immerse himself in his club. Anyway besides all that and you believing he didn’t want to sign with an injury, then why would you go to the club on the day of medical and to complete the signing. It doesn’t take a lot of working out as to what happened that day even using your lenses it’s pretty clear to see Chelsea saw a clear way of saving twenty million and not having to pay for his wages or rehabilitation, and with possibly a little more money he has agreed to that scenario. Now that might not be perfectly correct but it’s a damn lot closer to being the truth than he decided 30 minutes or before completion of the deal that he didn’t want to sign because he was injured, come on Chach really if you would have said at the last minute his mum and dad rang him as Evertonian’s  pleading with him not leave, I may thought hmm is that a possibility then dismissed it as I dismiss that at the last minute he decided not to sign because he was injured. 

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The issue isn’t that he wanted to leave or better his career the issue is what happened in the process of him eventually leaving, having read your post you give valid reasons for him wanting to go which most would accept but you don’t mention what happened when all the formalities had been agreed  between him and both clubs and he went to Chelsea to have is medical and complete the signing. You can say he didn’t want to go there as an injured player but what difference that makes I do not know, he still gets the dream move he wanted and doesn’t take the risk that they buy someone else, and he can do his rehabilitation with his new club and immerse himself in his club. Anyway besides all that and you believing he didn’t want to sign with an injury, then why would you go to the club on the day of medical and to complete the signing. It doesn’t take a lot of working out as to what happened that day even using your lenses it’s pretty clear to see Chelsea saw a clear way of saving twenty million and not having to pay for his wages or rehabilitation, and with possibly a little more money he has agreed to that scenario. Now that might not be perfectly correct but it’s a damn lot closer to being the truth than he decided 30 minutes or before completion of the deal that he didn’t want to sign because he was injured, come on Chach really if you would have said at the last minute his mum and dad rang him as Evertonian’s  pleading with him not leave, I may thought hmm is that a possibility then dismissed it as I dismiss that at the last minute he decided not to sign because he was injured. 

How are you now drawing Chelsea into the conspiracy, they were happy to take him with the injury.

It's much more likely, looking at it with both eyes that he fancied going to Spurs or another team who weren't prepared to take him injured so decided to get fit and look at his options, its not like he thought he was walking into the first 11 of Chelsea week in week out.

What I don't get and I am happy to hear the opposing argument is what is this idea that we are entitled to wring every penny out a player who by and large has been decent servant to the club and in the context of football cost us nothing?

I’m pretty sure by delaying the move and saving Chelsea £20m in a transfer fee he also cost himself £2m in his loyalty bonus. So no doubt Chelsea would have made a very interesting proposition. They may have offered to give him a £10m signing on fee. If that’s the case, as much as I don’t like it, I can understand a player taking an extra £10m in his own pocket. As rich as he would have been, that would have been massively life changing and offer security for his Mum and his Sister for the rest of all of their lives. As I said, I don’t like it, but I can understand it. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m pretty sure by delaying the move and saving Chelsea £20m in a transfer fee he also cost himself £2m in his loyalty bonus. So no doubt Chelsea would have made a very interesting proposition. They may have offered to give him a £10m signing on fee. If that’s the case, as much as I don’t like it, I can understand a player taking an extra £10m in his own pocket. As rich as he would have been, that would have been massively life changing and offer security for his Mum and his Sister for the rest of all of their lives. As I said, I don’t like it, but I can understand it. 

Yeah, i don't like what he did and you can call him whatever you like but Steve's right, I'd do the same and if you look deep into it I'm sure an awful lot of people would also do the same.

2 hours ago, Chach said:

What I don't get and I am happy to hear the opposing argument is what is this idea that we are entitled to wring every penny out a player who by and large has been decent servant to the club and in the context of football cost us nothing?

If a club has to sell a player, they're going to want the best possible deal for them. That's just common business sense. Wringing every penny out of him suggests he was in a Victorian workhouse - which he wasn't. It's pretty obvious he screwed us over. That's on him and his agent. He may even have felt he was justified in doing so. I think we should pass on him - he was the future once. But not now.

10 minutes ago, Formby said:

If a club has to sell a player, they're going to want the best possible deal for them. That's just common business sense. 

This goes both ways, players sign contracts and they want the best possible deal for them. Their only obligation is to honour the terms and conditions of the contract which he did.

There's a long conga line of players stealing money from the club in transfer fees and wages over the last few years and he's nowhere it.

18 minutes ago, Chach said:

This goes both ways, players sign contracts and they want the best possible deal for them. Their only obligation is to honour the terms and conditions of the contract which he did.

There's a long conga line of players stealing money from the club in transfer fees and wages over the last few years and he's nowhere it.

That would be true most of the time. The key missing points though, that separates him from the rest, is that Everton were his boyhood club, Everton raised him and brought him into the fray, he got to play for the team he loved and when it came to move (which I don't think anyone begrudges him for) he dawdled so that club who nurtured him and he supported lost out on a massive chunk of funds, from which he profited massively, financially at least. That 1 decision, no matter how logical it may seem from the outside, is why he will never be accepted again. He was one of our own, not some transfer. 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

That would be true most of the time. The key missing points though, that separates him from the rest, is that Everton were his boyhood club, Everton raised him and brought him into the fray, he got to play for the team he loved and when it came to move (which I don't think anyone begrudges him for) he dawdled so that club who nurtured him and he supported lost out on a massive chunk of funds, from which he profited massively, financially at least. That 1 decision, no matter how logical it may seem from the outside, is why he will never be accepted again. He was one of our own, not some transfer. 

The only key missing point in this discussion is people ignoring the benefit that the club had from him, it's completely forgotten in the equation, for 4 years he was among the first names on the team sheet.

Tall poppy syndrome.

In a way the really circumstances in which Barklay left don't really matter because simply in many eyes his leaving left a sour taste in may fans mouth, and we know a significant proportion will just not accept him coming back to the club and will be on his case from day one.

So to this end he would be a very divisive signing, no matter which side of the Barkley argument you fall. So the question to me why would they bring in a player who at best is going to divide fans massively. It's not like his wages are cheap at around £100K a week.  

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Yeah that’s fine and hand on heart I could probably be convinced to do the same, but I wouldn’t consider going back to the club I did that to, even though I’ve proved I have very little morals and being a multi multi millionaire I wouldn’t want to go back to a club where the fans despise me for what I did. 

3 hours ago, Chach said:

How are you now drawing Chelsea into the conspiracy, they were happy to take him with the injury.

I answered that question for you earlier and other’s above have as well, and I haven’t dragged Chelsea into any conspiracy they have been central to this double dealing from the beginning, you just don’t want to accept that any wrong doing took place 

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Spot on 👏👏👏 it means a lot to those who care and nothing to those who don’t. 

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

I do get your point, but how does that stack up when you look at how we discard players left right and centre when it suits us? 

When players arent good enough, boyhood blues or international footballers, we as a club cut the ties, sell them, release them or whatever it may be. We have moved countless players on when it has suited us.

We don't know what happened with Ross but if he decided to go because he decided that Everton wasnt good enough for him any more and he wanted more money, or more chances to win things, then why not? 

25 minutes ago, Chach said:

The only key missing point in this discussion is people ignoring the benefit that the club had from him, it's completely forgotten in the equation, for 4 years he was among the first names on the team sheet.

Tall poppy syndrome.

So that makes it even worse that he would then do what he did, or in your opinion on what you have said above are you now saying he has earned the right to shit on the club, and we should forgive forget and applaud and welcome him back, it would split the fan base no end and he wouldn’t improve the team, we have better players than him in MF, was he really that good when he was here, he was possibly the most inconsistent player in the team. He went to Chelsea and didn’t improve them he went to Villa and didn’t improve them, let him enjoy the extra money he made on his deal but don’t allow him to rub our noses in it, the supporters at Chelsea made their feeling be known by constantly booing every time he touched the ball, so before anyone at the club has the shortsightedness to think of bringing him back they need to take on board what the supporters think about having a snake back in the club. 

He wouldn’t be the first player to put his own pocket before the club he played for, or even the club he supported. 
The likes of Richarlison, Allan, Doucoure, they are all here because we paid more money than their previous employer. Money talks. 
For £10m I’d turn my back on Everton too. To be honest, I’d turn my back on Everton if anyone could give me a good enough reason to. 😂 

I think Ross might be one of the smartest Evertonians around. We all pay for the privilege of Everton ruining our lives, at least Ross got a few million for it. It’s the best play he’s ever managed.