IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Anyway back to Barkley, BBC gossip page mentions Efc are willing to sell Barkley for £30m to fund the transfers of Depay and Sneiderlin sp ?.

I know it's only rumours but look at the price they are mentioning, £30m when last year it would have been more like £50.

Paper talk.

£50m last year? £30m this year? No...

For me he's been worth a steady £40m and that price hasn't fluctuated much at all.

If we put him out there for £40m there would be no shortage of buyers.

Owning ross barkley is like Owning a 1960 ferrari that needs a bit of work on it.... a little improvement and you will double it's value.

I feel it will be a sad day for EFC discarding Ross Barkley ! ,I hope this is all fictional paper stories

I agree, but he does not really fit into the 'Koeman system' RK does not tend to go for players like Ross who can run with the ball, if you look back over his time at various clubs they are all players who sit on the half way line and spray the ball about, that's not really Ross(not saying he can't learn to do that though)

I agree, but he does not really fit into the 'Koeman system' RK does not tend to go for players like Ross who can run with the ball, if you look back over his time at various clubs they are all players who sit on the half way line and spray the ball about, that's not really Ross(not saying he can't learn to do that though)

Then get rid of Koeman.

Then get rid of Koeman.

You cant build a Football Club around 1 player. This is the problem with us as a Football Club, we want the manager to be an 'Everton Man', Ross is 'one of us' so he must play. Times are changing and hopefully for the good, Id hate us to sell Barkley if im honest, id like nothing more than him to reach his potential with us but not at the expense of us moving forward as a club.

If someone was going to design a modern footballer on a computer his physicality and technical skills set would be close to Barkley than any other player.

Powerful, quick, 2 very good feet, skillful, good passing ability, great shot....

The lad needs a dose of arrogance, self belief and above all players who revolve around him.

If someone was going to design a modern footballer on a computer his physicality and technical skills set would be close to Barkley than any other player.

Powerful, quick, 2 very good feet, skillful, good passing ability, great shot....

The lad needs a dose of arrogance, self belief and above all players who revolve around him.

Maybe Ronaldo but i get your point.

The question isnt his technical ability though its his mental strength and footballing brain. Again i hope he comes good but i have my doubts. Im hoping 3 or 4 quality additions around him will help him.

Maybe Ronaldo but i get your point.

The question isnt his technical ability though its his mental strength and footballing brain. Again i hope he comes good but i have my doubts. Im hoping 3 or 4 quality additions around him will help him.

Called me crazy but I actually think barkley has better feet than ronaldo.

Ronaldo is probably the biggest example of a player making the most of what he has. An absolute credit.

You cant build a Football Club around 1 player. This is the problem with us as a Football Club, we want the manager to be an 'Everton Man', Ross is 'one of us' so he must play. Times are changing and hopefully for the good, Id hate us to sell Barkley if im honest, id like nothing more than him to reach his potential with us but not at the expense of us moving forward as a club.

Good post that Dean and spot on. If he doesn't improve us as a team then he should be moved on. Being a blue doesn't give him afree pass.

I hope he does make it though but I'm not sure he's got it in him.

Good post that Dean and spot on. If he doesn't improve us as a team then he should be moved on. Being a blue doesn't give him afree pass.

I hope he does make it though but I'm not sure he's got it in him.

Been said before but I will say it again, we cant judge him till he has better players ahead of him.

I agree tho, no player is more important than the team, but we are along way away from having to write off a player with so much talent and love for the club.

Guest rusty747

I hope there is a place for Barkley, maybe he could play just in front of a midfield three of McCarthy, Gana and Schneiderlin and behind Lukaku plus one in a 4-3-1-2 formation but he needs more passing options ahead of him and more cover behind him than is currently the case. That formation would also require our full backs to be our wingers and Baines is getting on a bit and Seamus is not really a winger - though he can cut inside and shoot well enough.

I hope there is a place for Barkley, maybe he could play just in front of a midfield three of McCarthy, Gana and Schneiderlin and behind Lukaku plus one in a 4-3-1-2 formation but he needs more passing options ahead of him and more cover behind him than is currently the case. That formation would also require our full backs to be our wingers and Baines is getting on a bit and Seamus is not really a winger - though he can cut inside and shoot well enough.

I think that this kind of formation would play perfectly to our strengths. When we're playing with true wingers or forcing players up front to huge the touch lines, it ends up negating our full backs' best assets. Either we discard Baines and Coleman for stronger defenders who don't bomb on, or we play a formation that is focused on interconnected play in midfield that allows them to break forward and do damage in the final third. This also would solve some of our massive gap issues in attack.

• 3 weeks later...