IGNORED

Ross Barkley

After watching velios in a few reserve matches i have to admit that although i was a fan in his first season, he has not carried this on and looks like he is struggling with the quality in the u21's. i would expect to see him moving on soon.

Shane Duffy is entering his most important season now, time to step up and show us what he has got. Have to say he is a threat in the opositions box.

Lundstram, cannot wait to watch this guy become our holding midfileder who can pass, shoot and tackle. This guy is a complete footballer, watch out for him. Big fan here.

Barkley, i am so excited to see what this season brings for this guy amd expecting big things.

After watching velios in a few reserve matches i have to admit that although i was a fan in his first season, he has not carried this on and looks like he is struggling with the quality in the u21's. i would expect to see him moving on soon.

Shane Duffy is entering his most important season now, time to step up and show us what he has got. Have to say he is a threat in the opositions box.

Lundstram, cannot wait to watch this guy become our holding midfileder who can pass, shoot and tackle. This guy is a complete footballer, watch out for him. Big fan here.

Barkley, i am so excited to see what this season brings for this guy amd expecting big things.

A bit off topic with Duffy but if Martinez does employ his 3-5-2 formation then Duffy should stand to benefit from playing more? Especially with the talks of Heiting being moved on?

Also agree with most of the people's sentiment that this is a great chance for Barkley to strut his stuff and start cementing his place in the starting XI

the evidence in the past has been there for all to see. I think it was the season before last, in the preseason, he was used against Weder Bremen and a continental side we played at home, I wanna say Villareal?

Barkley in both games was contstantly causing trouble when he played. These games typified why he is important. Yes in the everyday slog of the premier league his age and inexperience might show with clumsiness and nervousness, but if you play around what he can provide he has immeasurable worth. At different points in those games (the reaon these friendlies stick out incidentally is because whilst there was nothing riding on these games it was against strong opposition) Barkley took on players with consumate ease, dancing through 4 bremen players and making it look like he'd done it a thousand times. He has vision, something the squad recognises (and we all should) that doesn't come naturally to most players. Most players at the top end of the spectrum have great reactions, and great reflexes, meaning they can change their mind quickly, from one move to another, one pass to the next. Players with vision, like Barkley, predict where a player will be based on where he is at that moment.

Look at the likes of Scholes, at times in a match he would literally have the ball for a second, make a snap decision, and ping the ball 70 yards diagonally to the winger int he far corner of the pitch. He wasn't without his faults, but that was one of his greatest strengths. Even if teams new it was in his locker, they couldn't prevent it. We have the same case with Barkley. teams are aware of how good he is, but right now he's not at a level of confidence and experience that put him in the same class as a Scholes, until he is, he will be read by players, he will be tackled and he will have to get use to that.

I think since the injury he's been more tentative, I'm hoping martinez can draw him out of his shell and let him grow into the player we all know he could be. It's not just noise when different people in the footballing world, from the players he's played with, to the pundits who have seen him play, all say he has the potential to be a world beater. He still does, and building a team around him isn't the worst idea. However at this moment, we just need to see him have a good pre-season and see what RM thinks. He was willing to take his time with McCarthy and make him into a good player, I'm happy to wait to see what he can do with Ross.

Edited by The Regulator

• 3 weeks later...

In the meantime Taylor claims that 6ft 2in Barkley in particular epitomises the new-look England and will prove it on a world stage if he gets the chance at club level under new boss Roberto Martinez.

Ross Barkley really is world class at times, he says. He is going to be a great player with the way he turns defenders and runs at people.

Although the 19-year-old midfielder hasnt scored at Premier League or international level yet, Taylor believes it is only a matter of time.

And so does Barkley, who was voted Evertons Young Player of the Season last month.

Playing against top young players from all over the world and things like the award give me real hope of becoming a first-team regular and Im thinking about next season already, he said.

Ill be ready for the pre-season, for the new manager and hopefully Ill impress him.

I can see him being like a new signing this season under Martinez, gone are the days of not playing youth under carrot head, FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Thing is not only is he young, exciting, got bags of potential but he is himself a blue & that's who I wan't to see wearing an E f C real bluenoses like Banies, Hibbert ( :-| ), Barkley!

& is it me or is anyone bored now of Moyes news is still Everton news because his stories always have the keyword Everton in.... I loved him I really did but he's gone and its time for us to forget him, in the nicest possible way, Effin Press!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's on 365 too,

http://www.football365.com/transfer-gossip/9074827/Some-Sunday-Gossip

I'm not nervous at all I think the kid knows Moyes never believed in him and the squad is too saturated with superstars at City.

However as a note to all young gifted footballers moving to these clubs should be done with great caution the list is endless of players who have made big money moves at an early age and disappeared. There's Rodwell recently on the cusp of the England squad and now with his arse cheeks firmly imprinted on a seat in the dug out while a young Evertonian is the talk of the England midfield! The other one off the top of my head that really stands out is Shaun Wright Phillips he ruined his career moving to Chelsea.

I have faith in young Ross though I hope the lad signs up and becomes a part of Everton's rich history, talked about for generations if he does!

They are that arrogant they don't even look at the players history nor listen to fans who know more about them than they will. Hopefully Barkley is sat down by Martinez and given a clear career plan.

1. You are going to be very rich, here's 50k a week.

2. Moyes is the wrong manager for you, kagawa doesn't get a game in that team, he relies on crosses in the box, not through balls.

3. You can become an Everton legend. Give us 5-7 years and you still have a big move ahead of you. There is no rush.

4. Don't listen to the press, become part of something I am building

Misleading headline (now there's a surprise)..

You need to add "...if he leaves Everton" on the end and the fact that the top two in the betting are 6/1 & 10/1 mans that him staying put would be strong odds-on favourite if they gave you a price.