IGNORED

Ross Barkley

20 mill haha dream on, he is Artetas replacement future star

i think our sellselling Rooney might help here. If we go into negotiations (big if) we can say something like "he is going to be as good in midfield as Rooney is up front" and demand stupid, and i mean stupid, money. How much would Rooney go for now? If Torres is 50m, Ronaldo was 80m.... You could slap a 40m tag on the kids head easy.

Mind you, 2 years ago we said the same about Rodwell so my logic isnt foolproof here!

It's all nonsense. No one will be prepared to go in anywhere above £15m at this moment, if he plays against a top team and dominates then ok yeah. We have hope and genuine optimism that he will be the top English midfielder of his generation. I'm certain he will be. Quite frankly I do not want to sell him.

Mail on Sunday saying Chelsea and both mancs are ready to pay £30m for Barkely

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2041470/Chelsea-City-United-30m-battle-Ross-Barkley.html

Not only Chelsea and both mancs, according to the article both real Madrid and Barca are monitoring. Thats a load of dosh in clubs and a bidding war between these 5 clubs could easely bring the price up to atleast £40m. Should we sell at that? YES! Take the money and run. We have no idea if he is going to be as good as Rooney. Worst case, we get 40m and he becomes the best player in the world. We are debt free.

Anything under 30m and we shouldnt exept.

I still think the article is a load of bs.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this one of the reasons why Moyes is reluctant to play him often? Is he afraid Barkley will show his class and that he will get gazzumped by Man city for example who could just go and offer the lad £70k a week over 5 years and not even break sweat?

Turns 18 on December 5th, I hazard a guess that is when we will try and get him on a 5 year deal.

Edited by Hafnia

• 2 weeks later...

Moyes fears for £20m-rated Barkley as Chelsea lead chase for Everton's 'next Rooney'

‘Every club will want Ross as he is going to be an outstanding player,’ said Moyes of Barkley, who is already an England Under-21 international. ‘I’m worried it will be a difficulty for us in the future.

‘If someone comes for Ross I've always said it it’s expensive to buy off Everton. If you’re going to come and try to take our better players we don’t sell cheap, that’s for sure.

‘I’m sure the bigger clubs will be looking at him, but we’ve no intention of selling. I think we’ve got the team to carry Ross. The club is in a much better position (than with Rooney).

http://www.dailymail...ss-Barkley.html

Moyes fears for £20m-rated Barkley as Chelsea lead chase for Everton's 'next Rooney'

‘Every club will want Ross as he is going to be an outstanding player,’ said Moyes of Barkley, who is already an England Under-21 international. ‘I’m worried it will be a difficulty for us in the future.

‘If someone comes for Ross I've always said it it’s expensive to buy off Everton. If you’re going to come and try to take our better players we don’t sell cheap, that’s for sure.

‘I’m sure the bigger clubs will be looking at him, but we’ve no intention of selling. I think we’ve got the team to carry Ross. The club is in a much better position (than with Rooney).

http://www.dailymail...ss-Barkley.html

very true, but still a little worrying. If the media can hype as "as good as Rooney" we might be able to cash in on a crazy amount of money for the young lad. 20m shouldnt even be an opening bid....

Can we really expect bigger figures than £20m to be touted about the press when he's only played in a few matches?

if you have the media behind you, yes. Anyone think Modric is a 40m player? No way, but the media wouldnt leave it alone and with that advertizing power it drove up the price. If we make out Ross is going to be as good as Rooney and get the media on it - write your own cheque!

The mind boggles, wrap him up in cotton wool till December 5th and get him to sign a 5 year deal - during which time (3 years) he becomes a £50m player potentially. Why on earth would you be talking about him even in the sense of being sold at this time?

My hope is that by the time he is one year into his contract that the club is bought out by someone who can cement his prolonged stay with quality players to build a team around him.

If you'd never heard of him before, exactly which bit of his game in the matches so far this year would make you want to pay £50m for him?

We had this with Rodwell too. He has already been 'bigged up'. He can't be bigged up any more unless he actually gets on the pitch, and displays his talent to the world, and so far all we've seen is glimpses of potential. It's easy to get excited, but only if you are an Evertonian. It will be difficult for him if he signs for us. We are a struggling club, that unless something changes, won't be able to offer him the spotlight in order to shine, unless he will be content to play for a team getting battered every week. Rooney made a wise choice going to United, and the way things are at the moment, Barkley would be nuts to sign a 5 year deal in December.

If you'd never heard of him before, exactly which bit of his game in the matches so far this year would make you want to pay £50m for him?

We had this with Rodwell too. He has already been 'bigged up'. He can't be bigged up any more unless he actually gets on the pitch, and displays his talent to the world, and so far all we've seen is glimpses of potential. It's easy to get excited, but only if you are an Evertonian. It will be difficult for him if he signs for us. We are a struggling club, that unless something changes, won't be able to offer him the spotlight in order to shine, unless he will be content to play for a team getting battered every week. Rooney made a wise choice going to United, and the way things are at the moment, Barkley would be nuts to sign a 5 year deal in December.

What part of being 6ft 2, fast, strong, perfect balance, two good feet, good shot, great pass, tough tackling, good vision, 17 and English can't be worth £50m??? You have modric who couldn't be had for £40m and I believe that Barkley can be as technically good as, added with far superior athleticism... he is not worth any way near £50m at this moment and can't be for another year (provided he get's to play after signing contract) - which is my whole point!

Personally I think from what i've seen from Rodders he will achieve at least everything we expect - albeit his progress has been staggered. I am actually going to hold Moyes at fault for the bulk of this. The lad came into the team like a rolls royce, was played on the wing? stopped taking shots (remember his two in europe and moyes said he didn't know he had that in his locker?)

Now he is being played in the middle of the park, he seems to have rediscovered his game - miracles eh!

Barkley being nuts to sign a 5 year deal??? What are you on at the moment! Did that one come out of the same locker as the blood and guts Mcfadden?

Edited by Hafnia

What part of being 6ft 2, fast, strong, perfect balance, two good feet, good shot, great pass, tough tackling, good vision, 17 and English can't be worth £50m??? You have modric who couldn't be had for £40m and I believe that Barkley can be as technically good as, added with far superior athleticism... he is not worth any way near £50m at this moment and can't be for another year (provided he get's to play after signing contract) - which is my whole point!

Personally I think from what i've seen from Rodders he will achieve at least everything we expect - albeit his progress has been staggered. I am actually going to hold Moyes at fault for the bulk of this. The lad came into the team like a rolls royce, was played on the wing? stopped taking shots (remember his two in europe and moyes said he didn't know he had that in his locker?)

Now he is being played in the middle of the park, he seems to have rediscovered his game - miracles eh!

damn it, I hate it when you write something that I completely agree with, makes me feel all dirty.....