IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Cleverley plus cash is reported as an offer in swedish press. DM can feck off if thats true. Apparently the price tag is around the same as Fellaini.

Just pure lazy journos. Our relationship with them is irreparably damaged, no way will that lad be going anywhere for less than £40m and it's gonna increase.

Chelsea and city would gazzump them any how.

Id sell him for for 100m, its just for the better of the club. Not a penny less though ;)

If they got a 100m offer in the summer when Roberto can use it to sign three or four or five quality replacements, that's one thing. But in the middle of this season, no. Ross is far too important to their Champions' League push. I think Roberto is basically saying the same thing - he did have that "in January" qualifier in his statement.

Frankly though, even if they did get a Bale-sized offer for Ross in June, they'd better do some hard number-crunching before they pull the trigger, especially if it's from someone they'd be directly competing with for CL places (i.e. Man City, as opposed to RM or PSG or some other foreign club). I say that because a club will put itself in a far better financial position over the long term by making the CL than they will from giving in to the temptation of selling their top players for one-time cash infusions. That's a losing strategy in the long term. Tottenham earned over 30 million Euros (somewhere around 25 million pounds) from their lone CL appearance two years ago, despite getting knocked out in the Quarterfinals, or just about the same amount of money as what Everton got for giving up Rooney (and look at how many times over ManU has made up that fee from all the CL victories he has earned them). And that CL prize money doesn't even include the ancillary financial benefits that come with CL football like increased visibility and merchandise sales and being able to sign better sponsorship deals because your club becomes a more attractive property.

Why would Ross want to be managed by Moyes again?

And I honestly wouldn't take 50 million at the moment. It's a lot of money if true but with the WC coming up there's the potential for his market value to go above that. But that's besides the point as I don't want us to sell him at all regardless of the price. If we want to build something special under Martinez, as we seem to be doing, keeping Barkely is surely one of the most important things. Would be a kick in the balls if we went and sold him over the next couple of years.

My thoughts exsactly. If he does move away I think Bobby would have a word and advise him to stay away from United. And on top of that I doubt he'd want to work under Moyes again, never gave him a chance so why should Barkley give Moyes one?

Moyes bought him through the ranks, Bobby is the making of him.

My thoughts exsactly. If he does move away I think Bobby would have a word and advise him to stay away from United. And on top of that I doubt he'd want to work under Moyes again, never gave him a chance so why should Barkley give Moyes one?

Moyes bought him through the ranks, Bobby is the making of him.

Players like barkley, Rooney and Rodwell force themselves through. They don't get bought through, players like lundstrum, mcelany, Duffy need bringing through - I don't think Moyes does that.