IGNORED

Ross Barkley

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I’d have him on loan to see what’s what - if attitude, fitness and desire are there then welcome back. Quality has never been in question - he should have done so much more with it though.

I agree, if he was here right now he'd be a serious option, on his day he's decent (I realise we want better long term).

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

That's a logical assessment, but haven't too many bridges been burned?

Agreed he stitched the club up to the tune of around 20 million, there’s got to be far better players who are much more consistent than him surely, before we lower our pride and bring snivelling little rat back into the camp, what he did to the club he so say supported can never be forgiven. 

Regardless of how he shat on the club, I don’t think he is good enough, we should be aiming higher,  he has moments of skill and then large periods of being absent from games, didn’t do my much of note on loan  at Villa, and has played a few minutes back at Chelsea recently, which makes me think Tuchel is putting in in the window again.

I can't see him coming back here. Nor do I want him here.

It's funny actually, when he left for Chelsea I remember people immediately saying he'd end up at West Ham, Villa or Newcastle after his career undoubtedly fails at a CL club. With the recent links to Newcastle that could be two of the 3 clubs we predicted 🤣

2 hours ago, Haiku said:

He's not good enough, but so are all of our central midfielders bar Allan and Doucoure. If we bring him back I can see him playing a role. 

Agree with this really. We need better than Ross Barkley but he is better than the likes of Davies, Gbamin, Gylfi and Gomes and if financial (un)fair play still has us by the bollocks a loan to buy option may not be the worse move we could make in January

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'd have him on loan no question about it.

I think he needs this move and would grab it with both hands.  He remains a ridiculously talented footballer..... I will be frustrated for him if he doesn't realise his potential. 

Agreed, he has been written off by most people so will have a huge point to prove 

Still big question marks about whether or not he has it between the ears to succeed but on a loan it’s worth giving him a go

I watched him a few times for Villa and Chelsea, and he is a better player than when he was here. He is a step above what we have here right now and would be a decent addition ability wise.

How he left the club is more to do with his immaturity than anything else. 
If he came back here…. I think he would have a massive point to prove.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

If he came back and apologised, he'd maybe get people back on his side. But I don't think for a second that he will and either way he diddled the club out of millions for his personal gain. 

I also simply don't think he's good enough. Not through lack of talent, simply lack of brains. 

Putting aside the first bit, would you rather have him on the bench/starting or Iwobi? That's the bottom line for me; loan with an option to buy works well, I just wouldn't take up the option to buy.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Putting aside the first bit, would you rather have him on the bench/starting or Iwobi? That's the bottom line for me; loan with an option to buy works well, I just wouldn't take up the option to buy.

I'd rather find someone who would take Iwobi as part of the deal...

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

That’s putting like there’s only one option him or Iwobi, but that’s not the case there are many more better players than Barkley, surely replacing an inconsistent player with another inconsistent player makes no sense. He couldn’t make it at Villa because of his lack of inconsistency.