IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Why on earth would he want to go to a team that are under pressure, in a worse league position, where he is not guaranteed a start, playing for a manager who, although gave him his first team bow, then appeared to lose faith in him totally? He's clearly enjoying his football at his homegrown club, and has a key role in a team where the surrounding players (i.e. Barry and McCarthy) do the water carrying so he can flit about and cause damage up front? If he carries on as he is, he's got a good chance of going to Brazil with a first team spot. In 2 or 3 seasons I could understand if he wanted to piss off if Everton were not performing and he was. However, for this season, he only has it all to lose by leaving.

On the other hand for 50 million, I'd bite man utd's hand off. 50 million quid a week for the rest of time is an adequate transfer fee for Ross, I'd say...

I can personally guarantee that Barkley isn't a member of the Moyes fan club. In fact, the word hate wouldn't be an exaggeration. So they might be interested but if he chooses to go there I'll be very surprised.

I've often read Moyes behavior towards the young talented upstarts as a means of breaking them a little... He wants them tamed and controlled, and he has the power to make or break them.

Watch what he does with Januzai at the moment, it's patronising and pathetic. He calls them "boys", he feels the need to control their decisions not nurture them. If they don't comply they dont get to play.

When asked about £50m for Barkley, Martinez has just replied, "£50m? We won't be letting him go out on loan in January!"

Awesome response Roberto. I'm glad we're in a good position financially as well with the sales of Fellaini and Vic, and the pending sales of jelavic and heitenga. We're in a great place and I'm glad Ross will be staying.

• 3 weeks later...

hahaha

"The classy midfielder, who was given his big chance at Everton by David Moyes, is currently out injured with a broken toe."

More like a tenth of a chance.

They can have him if they beat the Bale offer.

• 11 months later...
Guest rusty747

Tell Ross to have a word with Jack Rodwell.

I can understand the knee jerk reaction to sell Ross and splash the cash on a new central defensive pairing but I think that would be foolish. We need to knuckle down, ensure we avoid relegation, then get in a proper pre season before launching another assault on a top four position.

Right now we need Alan Irvine back to do some coaching.it's pointless getting any new players until we have a coaching team that can organise them and get the best out of them.

Edited by rusty747

Guest rusty747

Alan Irvine hadn't worked with the first team since he left as Moyes' number 2, so I don't see why?

Because he is known by most of the squad, did a great job when he was here in all of his different roles and is imho more suited to working as a No. 2 than as a manager. It would also allow us to freshen things up without having to sell. Though I do think a loan 'keeper is imperative. If Robles gets injured we are screwed.

I just reread my last sentence. Now I am really scared!

Edited by rusty747

Because he is known by most of the squad, did a great job when he was here in all of his different roles and is imho more suited to working as a No. 2 than as a manager. It would also allow us to freshen things up without having to sell. Though I do think a loan 'keeper is imperative. If Robles gets injured we are screwed.

If he came back (again!) I couldn't see him being Martinez' number two. He's got a long relationship with his current number 2 so I don't think he'd be moved on just to accommodate Irvine after another failure on his part.

He last worked with the first team seven years ago so I don't think he'll be known by most of them at all.