IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Leave ABBA out of this... As for Barkley, he might just turn out to be a dancing queen and no one would pay 50mil for that. Voulez vou? I wouldnt. Its too much money money money. If someone actually did pay that id say, mamma mia, thank you for the music.

Official warningRed%20card.png .

One more offence it'll be a twenty-four hour ban and I'll be forced to say Hasta Mañanajump for joy.gif .

Ditto

What would we really achive from selling him? abit of debt wiped out only to use as leverage to aquire more debt and not a penny spent on the squad.No thanks these types of players if he kicks on from what we know he can are a rare breed and we should be building future teams around players like Ross, If he went to Chelsea it would be career suicide for me.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Ditto

What would we really achive from selling him? abit of debt wiped out only to use as leverage to aquire more debt and not a penny spent on the squad.No thanks these types of players if he kicks on from what we know he can are a rare breed and we should be building future teams around players like Ross, If he went to Chelsea it would be career suicide for me.

to play devils advocate, wouldnt we be more attractive to a buyer if we were debt free?

to play devils advocate, wouldnt we be more attractive to a buyer if we were debt free?

If that was going to be the case then yeah it's an attractive thought but you could go on to all the speil of how Bill is reluctant to sell then it would be for me just a waste of talent and a building block to a squad that would be more attractive to a buyer.

I think we would be just as attractive if we had a £30-£50m youngster on the books to build a team around.

I know where youre coming from but if players are not really considered assets then I would expect a debt free club to be more attractive. If we did see Barkley and cleared the debts, we still have plenty of good youth prospects and a solid team.

Is Barkley injured?

no idea, not heard anything. Maybe Moyes is keeping him out of the limelight til he signs his new deal.

its a toss up in my mind.

buy a club and spend money clearing debts then spend more money buying players.

buy a club and spend money buyng players

if you catch my drift

small correction Steve mate.

no idea, not heard anything. Maybe Moyes is keeping him out of the limelight til he signs his new deal.

small correction Steve mate.

Can Moyes afford to not play a player if the player is the correct choice? Team selection does concern me occasionally, even if I try to have faith. I'm not saying Barkley is the correct choice, but he was playing well up until the penalty.

Can Moyes afford to not play a player if the player is the correct choice? Team selection does concern me occasionally, even if I try to have faith. I'm not saying Barkley is the correct choice, but he was playing well up until the penalty.

And will continue to shine when picked again I'm sure, does seem strange though, maybe his injury catching up with him? Just a thought btw.

time for a bit of conspiracy.

hes fine, nothing wrong with him, playing well in the reserves. last time out he made a mistake, if they keep playing him in the first team he might make more mistakes, the hype around him might drop, as would his value, so when we sell him in january/july we wont get as much money. keep him out of the first team and his hype as high as possible. whenever anyone from the club mentions him in the press say how good he will be, drop rooney into the quote if possible, say we will struggle to keep hold of him such is his talent and this will keep the vultures there until the bank ask for their next instalment.

leggit.gif

I think it's more to do with Barkley being 17 and naturally playing centre mid where we have numerous options and Moyes protecting him. No conspiracies just easing young talent into the first team - Barkley will make 20 appearances throughout the season, a long, hard season. It's up to Moyes as his manager and us as fans to give him the time he needs to fully develop.

Moyes has said it's down to a dip in form.

I expect Osman and Jagielka to be playing reserve football next week then.

This all day.

Moyes did this with Rooney if anyone can remember. Clearly the best player we had, yet Moyes kept dropping him - using the "we will treat him with care" rubbish that I still don't get. Are they made of china at 17? Pele, Beckenbauer, Raul, Fabregas, Whiteside. Never done them any harm being first team regulars did it?

Yes they will make mistakes, just likes Jags has nearly every game this season, but Moyes doesn't feel the need to take him off - magnifying the mistake.

At the time I questioned Moyes decision to take Barkley off against Blackburn and I believe I am still right. Doing that made him aware of the consequences of making a mistake - "immediately". Really disappointed that Moyes has not given him the opportunity to atone for that error and get some wind back in his sails. Fall off a bike, get back on and clear your mind, stay off and it plays on the mind.

Moyes has said it's down to a dip in form.

I expect Osman and Jagielka to be playing reserve football next week then.

Ossies dip is because hes been moved out of position (again), the position where he was pulling the strings in games and making things happen.