IGNORED

Ross Barkley

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

That's an interesting concept, double negative. I'll say no more.

So it is, but still doesn’t hide the fact he wouldn’t be an improvement for the team, comparing one inconsistent player with another is no justification for wanting inconsistent players at the club, particularly ones that shit on the club in a big way in the past. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s putting like there’s only one option him or Iwobi, but that’s not the case there are many more better players than Barkley, surely replacing an inconsistent player with another inconsistent player makes no sense. He couldn’t make it at Villa because of his lack of inconsistency. 

I think that’s what I was trying to say

On 11/11/2021 at 08:35, Wiggytop said:

Regardless of how he shat on the club, I don’t think he is good enough, we should be aiming higher,  he has moments of skill and then large periods of being absent from games, didn’t do my much of note on loan  at Villa, and has played a few minutes back at Chelsea recently, which makes me think Tuchel is putting in in the window again.

For me in an ideal world I wouldn’t want him back but the situation we find ourselves in currently is far from ideal. The point is we are not going to be allowed to go out and buy any top players due to the FFP farce so we need to box clever and look at loans and free transfers that aren’t going to have too much of an impact on the wage bill

Obviously free transfers in January are going to be extremely rare

So I just think this could be the type of deal we need to be looking at 

A bit of a loss with some of the comments on here, this lad shit on us from a great hight, after we had nurtured him from a hopeful kid, into a premier player. Showed no gratitude whatsoever, and people want him back.

I would sooner finish 10 to 15 in the league, than 8th with him in the side, we are EFC not some pub team, when people treat us as bad as he did, he only deserves contempt.

The only reason I would want him back is so I could here the boos from the first to last minute, from those who hold the values of this club at the pinnacle of what it means to be an Evertonian. He claimed to be one of us yet wouldn’t sign a contract that was on the table for over a year and would have made him one of if not the highest earners at the club. Instead he shit on us in such away it still makes my blood boil, going to Chelsea and so say refusing is medical to come back here and spend all season in our treatment room being paid, only to then sign for them when fit for 15-20 million less, he did a deal with them that cost us millions and gave him a few more quid and saved Chelsea million’s. I’ve heard excuses for him that he’s a bit thick and was led by his agent and Chelsea, no excuse in my book, he may be a ham sandwich short of picnic but when you’re an Evertonian you’re led by your heart not your bank balance. For me he can never be forgiven and welcomed back he betrayed us and that can’t be forgotten or forgiven. 

Keep seeing a lot of "he is better than some of the players got" and "he would improve the side".  This is the same backwards thinking that has us stuck with the useless squad we have.  How we ended up with the Iwobis and Walcotts and other players who just couldn't hack it and be using us as a retirement club.  Better than what we have on the bench. Band-aid buys.  We should not be comparing players.  We should be buying the right players for our club and for the future.  Young talented players or experience on the cheap.  Ross is neither.  Plus he contracted until 2023 so won't be on a free.

Also this...  

On 11/11/2021 at 14:48, Matt said:

I also simply don't think he's good enough. Not through lack of talent, simply lack of brains. 

All the above make the decision for us, before even have a chance to examine whether or not we can forgive.

On 13/11/2021 at 19:35, Tonsta said:

A bit of a loss with some of the comments on here, this lad shit on us from a great hight, after we had nurtured him from a hopeful kid, into a premier player. Showed no gratitude whatsoever, and people want him back.

I would sooner finish 10 to 15 in the league, than 8th with him in the side, we are EFC not some pub team, when people treat us as bad as he did, he only deserves contempt.

Personally I wouldn’t say I particularly want him back it’s more of a case that I could see the reasoning behind it given the position we are in. I wouldn’t exactly lose any sleep if it didn’t happen

Totally disagree with the last paragraph though, I would welcome Luis Suarez if it meant we finished 7 places further up the league! 

41 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

otally disagree with the last paragraph though, I would welcome Luis Suarez if it meant we finished 7 places further up the league! 

Dont remember Suarez costing us 20 mil, also we took Raffa, no problem with that, What Ross did is unforgivable to EFC, and to take him back is a a huge embarrassment to our club, which im against totally.

17 hours ago, StevO said:

I’d like to know what actually went on between the club and Barkley for him to want to leave in the first place. Maybe he felt he was being shit on? There is always two sides to every story. Unless he writes a book when he retires (I know, I’m not sure he can write either) we’ll never know. 

Maybe he will release a colouring book instead

On 15/11/2021 at 22:19, StevO said:

I’d like to know what actually went on between the club and Barkley for him to want to leave in the first place. Maybe he felt he was being shit on? There is always two sides to every story. Unless he writes a book when he retires (I know, I’m not sure he can write either) we’ll never know. 

This.

People are very quick to make judgements when in reality they don't have a clue about what happened between the two parties.

If he did "shit on the club" I cannot see why the hierarchy of the club would want him back anyway.

He is a very talented player, but he isn't someone I would want to rely on in a side that sits deep and counters. No doubt he can be brilliant, but he makes lots of dodgy decisions and he isn't exactly the hardest or smartest worker. He would be a bit of a luxury in my book unless we started to play in a different way.

54 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He is a very talented player, but he isn't someone I would want to rely on in a side that sits deep and counters. No doubt he can be brilliant, but he makes lots of dodgy decisions and he isn't exactly the hardest or smartest worker. He would be a bit of a luxury in my book unless we started to play in a different way.

I think in a midfield three with Doucoure and Allan he could be great. But then that leaves out one of Richarlison, Gordon, Grey or Townsend and right now I’d play all of them ahead of him. Would be nice to have some options though. 

Saying that, Tuchel is giving him a fair bit of game time lately so being a squad player for them might suit him. 

23 hours ago, StevO said:

I think in a midfield three with Doucoure and Allan he could be great. But then that leaves out one of Richarlison, Gordon, Grey or Townsend and right now I’d play all of them ahead of him. Would be nice to have some options though. 

Saying that, Tuchel is giving him a fair bit of game time lately so being a squad player for them might suit him. 

He would have to play that number 10 / second striker role for me so he would be able to get away with it a bit but then you get into the 3 v 2 overload in midfield against Doucoure and Allan and I just don't like it. I fear it could be a bit of James all over again.

That being said, he might put a bit more effort in these days.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If this happened it would be another confusing transfer. I don't see him as a Rafa type player at all.

He is a rat and 90% of fans would hate to see him back but all sentiment aside he would definitely be an upgrade on the likes of Davies, Gomes, Gbamin, Delph and Iwobi….. Typical Rafa for me 

Surely Moshiri would stop this from happening, him and his agent blatantly did a deal with Chelsea that cost us 15-20 million and a year of his wages. Thing’s like that will never be forgotten or forgiven by fans, and any accountant like Moshiri who’s struggling to balance the books would never forgive.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Surely Moshiri would stop this from happening, him and his agent blatantly did a deal with Chelsea that cost us 15-20 million and a year of his wages. Thing’s like that will never be forgotten or forgiven by fans, and any accountant like Moshiri who’s struggling to balance the books would never forgive.

Contradictory that post Palf, suggesting an "accountant" would never forgive; accountants don't let emotions play any part, just look at the bottom line. If it looks like a decent option he'll go for it regardless of history.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

He signed Benitez so I very much doubt he cares what fans think.

56 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Contradictory that post Palf, suggesting an "accountant" would never forgive; accountants don't let emotions play any part, just look at the bottom line. If it looks like a decent option he'll go for it regardless of history.

I think this accountant has shown he can’t keep his emotions out of this team, he wants to make all decisions when it comes to the team acquisitions. And if he had to hang his hat solely on the bottom line he’s pretty much as far from a success as you can be. 

Bringing Barkley back to the club would go down like a lead balloon with fans, just can't see either Moshiri or Rafa actually thinking this move would be a good one. I personnally don't see it happening and all just lazy journalisum from those who maybe don't really know how much of a villan Barkey was when he left.