IGNORED

Ross Barkley

It's no good him playing deeper if there's no one in front to pass to, how can you play him deeper when we already play with 3 defensive midfielders.

Jesus, the lads on a loser the minute he steps onto the pitch.

He needs to go to City or Chelsea who play with several attacking midfielders.

I feel like I'm smashing my head against brick wall talking about ross needing to play deeper. its so obvious it's frightening. And he looked loads better against arsenal.

All because he takes risks and isn't defensively astute is the reason he isn't deep. I mean ffs pirlo was a deep midfield player who never tackled and certainly never had ross Barkley's ability running with the ball.

He was fucking woeful off the ball. Worst than amateur as at least they'd run. Don't know how you can praise him when his work ethic is non existent off the ball, and be so critical of Rom.

He was fucking woeful off the ball. Worst than amateur as at least they'd run. Don't know how you can praise him when his work ethic is non existent off the ball, and be so critical of Rom.

I'll be honest pete I don't even rise to your criticisms of certain players they are that wide of the mark usually it's quite comical.

80% pass completion averaging 21metres - that's fuckin awesome. Not joe allen 85% and 5metres bullshit.

60% duels won - 2 out of 3 tackles won, 100% headers, 3 out 5 dribble attempts.

How does that compare to mighty gana gueye? He won 4 out of 7 tackles.... not a million miles away was he eh?

Mccarthy won 3 out of 7 tackles.

You are talking shite. For a lad who supposedly doesn't do it then are solid stats.... probably best looking at them before slating him.

Yes he does have low games but at least get it right when you are gonna nail him for it. Top game from him the other night.

How do they relate to his movement off the ball?

McCarthy was my motm, and that was without knowing whether he made the match changing tackle. Barkley was 7/10 on the ball. 2/10 off it.

Along with Jagielka he couldn't read the game for toffee. Jags read one move all game, which was one more than Barkley.

Edited by pete0

I'll be honest pete I don't even rise to your criticisms of certain players they are that wide of the mark usually it's quite comical.

80% pass completion averaging 21metres - that's fuckin awesome. Not joe allen 85% and 5metres bullshit.

60% duels won - 2 out of 3 tackles won, 100% headers, 3 out 5 dribble attempts.

How does that compare to mighty gana gueye? He won 4 out of 7 tackles.... not a million miles away was he eh?

Mccarthy won 3 out of 7 tackles.

You are talking shite. For a lad who supposedly doesn't do it then are solid stats.... probably best looking at them before slating him.

Yes he does have low games but at least get it right when you are gonna nail him for it. Top game from him the other night.

You love a good statistic don't you haf?

They don't work for me. I like to see what happens with my eyes, not read a number and make a decision.

They don't paint a full picture.

You love a good statistic don't you haf?

They don't work for me. I like to see what happens with my eyes, not read a number and make a decision.

They don't paint a full picture.

Ah right.... so you arent gonna quote goal stats any more and say that's all is needed?

Make your mind up.

I personally prefer my eyes to judge and stats to confirm.

If Barkley's off the ball movement is being questioned then how was he able to take possession of the ball and pass 47 times (37 completed) - ? Second only to gueye on 51, McCarthy 38...

Doesnt make sense does it.... "amateur off the ball movement?" Not at all. Showed for the ball all the time with sharp drops and feints, looked after it and created 3 chances - one of which was an assist.

Point is... if you are gonna slate the lad for something which he has been justifiably criticised before then dont choose a game where he's actually been strong in to do it.

Maybe you want him to play a defensive midfielder with the other 2? No I thought not.

Edited by Hafnia

How do they relate to his movement off the ball?

McCarthy was my motm, and that was without knowing whether he made the match changing tackle. Barkley was 7/10 on the ball. 2/10 off it.

Along with Jagielka he couldn't read the game for toffee. Jags read one move all game, which was one more than Barkley.

And with you final paragraph you justified my previous take on your opinions.

Ah right.... so you arent gonna quote goal stats any more and say that's all is needed?

Make your mind up.

I personally prefer my eyes to judge and stats to confirm.

If Barkley's off the ball movement is being questioned then how was he able to take possession of the ball and pass 47 times (37 completed) - ? Second only to gueye on 51, McCarthy 38...

Doesnt make sense does it.... "amateur off the ball movement?" Not at all. Showed for the ball all the time with sharp drops and feints, looked after it and created 3 chances - one of which was an assist.

Point is... if you are gonna slate the lad for something which he has been justifiably criticised before then dont choose a game where he's actually been strong in to do it.

Maybe you want him to play a defensive midfielder with the other 2? No I thought not.

No but Jesus man almost every single one of your posts is a bigot attitude with numbers branded about everywhere and an arrogant refusal to accept anyone's opinion without patronizing people.

Im not saying you're all wrong, Im just saying you're fucking boring now.

No but Jesus man almost every single one of your posts is a bigot attitude with numbers branded about everywhere and an arrogant refusal to accept anyone's opinion without patronizing people.

Im not saying you're all wrong, Im just saying you're fucking boring now.

And I'm saying your a bandwagon jumper with no real idea of when to step up or step down.

If you wanna take me to task on my evaluations of players then feel free to combat my arrogant and patronising stat based posts that clearly piss you off - with some of your own.

Don't be the kid at the back of the gang piping up and being brave because he thinks he can get a few digs in when others are.

Edited by Hafnia

And I'm saying your a bandwagon jumper with no real idea of when to step up or step down.

If you wanna take me to task on my evaluations of players then feel free to combat my arrogant and patronising stat based posts that clearly piss you off - with some of your own.

Don't be the kid at the back of the gang piping up and being brave because he thinks he can get a few digs in when others are.

Embarrassing! Every single post now. Fucking Bully. Edited by AidanLewis

I'm confused to hell here!

Reading we're playing with three defensive midfielders?

It's not like we've got three Carsleys in there. Gana and McCarthy both get all over the pitch and Ross isn't in there to be a defensive shield. We're playing with three midfielders yes, not none are restricted to sitting back so I don't see the issue.

Don't confuse bullying for standing up for myself. Your sycophantic posts are probably as irritating as my arrogance.

I just don't like bullies. Especially ones hid behind a screen. That's what you are, obnoxious and looking to pick a fight all the time, fishing for little bites. Grow up you pathetic little man.

I'm confused to hell here!

Reading we're playing with three defensive midfielders?

It's not like we've got three Carsleys in there. Gana and McCarthy both get all over the pitch and Ross isn't in there to be a defensive shield. We're playing with three midfielders yes, not none are restricted to sitting back so I don't see the issue.

Exactly.

It appears that there is some sort of "Haf says Rom needs to run and press the ball more... so let's pick on Ross cos Haf seems to like him"

First off - the only way Rom is going to get away with less running and pressing is if he has a partner to do his donkey work for him across the front. That hasn't been the case and defenders have had a very easy time bringing the ball out.

That said, there is no excuses for passengers in this team. I expect them all to put in the work. That doesn't mean ross has to become a 3rd DM... that's stupid. What he does have to do is close his man down on every occasion and I said that in the last game in one phase of play.

There is just some ridiculous point scoring going on and it's not even subtle.

I thought ross was a solid 7.5 out of 10 on Tuesday - as was jags.

I just don't like bullies. Especially ones hid behind a screen. That's what you are, obnoxious and looking to pick a fight all the time, fishing for little bites. Grow up you pathetic little man.

Don't assume I wouldn't say it to your face. Nothing worse than odious, sycophantic cretins - one of my bug bears.

It's always those ones that play the "bully" card once their passive aggressive shitty little barbs have been called out.

You don't agree with me posts? Fine. Don't start smugly dismissing them as arrogant and patronising with a snidey guised post that I've cut through. Not the first time you've done it.

Don't assume I wouldn't say it to your face. Nothing worse than odious, sycophantic cretins - one of my bug bears.

It's always those ones that play the "bully" card once their passive aggressive shitty little barbs have been called out.

You don't agree with me posts? Fine. Don't start smugly dismissing them as arrogant and patronising with a snidey guised post that I've cut through. Not the first time you've done it.

It's okay for you to be smug and patronising saying someone's views are comical though is it? Listen to yourself haf, better than everyone are you? I think someone needs to get over their selves!

I thought ross was a solid 7.5 out of 10 on Tuesday - as was jags.

You're too stubborn to be convinced by anyone so I'll not waste anymore time after this post. Re-watch it, and actively watch Lukaku's movement. He's dripping in sweat and can barely run towards the end but still doesn't give up.

On Barkley, look at the heat maps.

Barkley had a good rating because he performed well at his strengths.... much the same as Lukaku gets good ratings when he performs to his strengths.

If a goalkeeper keeps a clean sheet after making two world ie saves but doesn't run enough....would he get a below average score?

Funny thing is people will defend Lukaku when he is called out for it , but then criticise Barkley for the same thing?

Lukaku and Barkley do need to work harder....but Ross was good against arsenal and created chances....Lukaku didn't score, but he did do a job up there.

I honestly feel that the whole Lukaku topic is poisoning us as fans. We seem to be punishing players in an attempt to defend Lukaku.

As good as a goal scorer he is......it would be the best thing for TT if he left. I'm sure people would get back to being objective again instead of obsessed.

It's okay for you to be smug and patronising saying someone's views are comical though is it? Listen to yourself haf, better than everyone are you? I think someone needs to get over their selves!

Aiden... not for the first time on here you have taken my opinion about something Everton and decided to turn it into a post about "me" as a forum poster - not about what I'm saying. Something Shukes has pointed out is a typical behaviour. Not that I needed his backing but it was him who identified the trait.

After getting a bit right back you bring out the bully card? Typical shit house behaviour which never went unpunished.

I suggest you stick to the topics in hand rather than trying to psychoanalyse a poster...especially as it's quite clear you can't handle it back.

Regardless of my so called arrogance, pig headedness or patronizing tone - do I take someone's opinion and make it about them? Not unless they fire the first shots and unfortunately for you - you just don't learn that lesson.

As for the name calling and shit - I'll rise above that. You just focus on disagreeing with people without the need to turn the debate into something about them and not the subject.

Edited by Hafnia

You're too stubborn to be convinced by anyone so I'll not waste anymore time after this post. Re-watch it, and actively watch Lukaku's movement. He's dripping in sweat and can barely run towards the end but still doesn't give up.

On Barkley, look at the heat maps.

He drips in sweat after 5 minutes pete. A bit like me after getting the christmas tree down from the loft. Tells more about fitness levels than effort levels.

Aiden... not for the first time on here you have taken my opinion about something Everton and decided to turn it into a post about "me" as a forum poster - not about what I'm saying. Something Shukes has pointed out is a typical behaviour. Not that I needed his backing but it was him who identified the trait.

After getting a bit right back you bring out the bully card? Typical shit house behaviour which never went unpunished.

I suggest you stick to the topics in hand rather than trying to psychoanalyse a poster...especially as it's quite clear you can't handle it back.

Regardless of my so called arrogance, pig headedness or patronizing tone - do I take someone's opinion and make it about them? Not unless they fire the first shots and unfortunately for you - you just don't learn that lesson.

As for the name calling and shit - I'll rise above that. You just focus on disagreeing with people without the need to turn the debate into something about them and not the subject.

You're so cute when you get all argumentative, desperately trying to display some kind of intelligence.

There's nobody else on this forum who is so desperate to be right that they will maliciously use condescending language to others in order to display some kind of prowess.

You're right (although you usually are, aren't you?), it's not about your posts, it's simply about you, and you're ugly attitude.

You're so cute when you get all argumentative, desperately trying to display some kind of intelligence.

There's nobody else on this forum who is so desperate to be right that they will maliciously use condescending language to others in order to display some kind of prowess.

You're right (although you usually are, aren't you?), it's not about your posts, it's simply about you, and you're ugly attitude.

Honestly aiden... your posts are saying more about you than they are about me.

Like I said - i never felt the need to take an Everton discussion into one about the poster unless they are a wum.

I'm not the most intelligent, not the most stupid either. Probably more stubborn than most - but don't fuckin try and get subtle digs in on me and stroll off.

Your opinion of me may be in some way accurate. My opinion of you most certainly is. Either way - one person is happy in his own skin and able to debate arrogantly or whatever, the other person a sneaky little shit who has to get the "personal" edge in order to feel like he's achieving a win because he can't do it through debate.

Edited by Hafnia

Fight fight fight fight fight.

Matts the school prefect ruining everyones fun :shaking fist:

I don't mind disagreeing with people on subjects to do with Everton. It's what makes the forum enjoyable. Disagreeing is actually fun - it brings out stats, recollections, comparisons.

But I won't have a little snide playing all nicey nicey with the general population feel that he can do a bit of point scoring and psychoanalyse me all because he doesnt agree with me.

So as a result I took him to task on the matter and he called it bullying?

Nah it wasn't bullying, it was like watching the Teflon kid in school - the one who always avoids trouble - get a slap in the chops for being at the back of pack and trying to get the boot in on the unpopular lad who's in the middle of a scrap.

Now he's feigning insult from it all?

There only been about 3 people on this forum that I could say I genuinely dislike and 2 have been banned. The reason for that is that whilst I can disagree with people - it's always about Everton... it's not personal unless someone makes it personal.

I mean in about 10000 posts I've probably agreed with dunc on about 5, does it mean I dislike him? No way. The fella loves Everton as much as anyone I have known and he argues and debates well. He doesn't feel the need to try and get personal despite my posts sometimes coming across like they've been written by a smarmy tory mp twat.

Anyway back to Barkley, BBC gossip page mentions Efc are willing to sell Barkley for £30m to fund the transfers of Depay and Sneiderlin sp ?.

I know it's only rumours but look at the price they are mentioning, £30m when last year it would have been more like £50.