IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Guest rusty747

Fair point Mike. Clutching at straws maybe but I feel something in our set up has to change. I suspect we will have to sell to buy so I was thinking that a change to the coaching staff might freshen up the players we have without having to sell any. Given Irvine's Everton history I thought he would be a good addition.

Guest rusty747

I met David Weir in Los Angeles a few years ago. He was with Rangers (managed by Walter Smith) on a pre season tour. Very impressed with him and I would agree that he would be a welcome addition to the coaching staff. Stubbs certainly would be welcome back.

Irvine was responsible for much of our attacking coaching which peaked one week after he left with a 7-0 thrashing of Sunderland.

I would like to see a return of David weir or Stubbs to coach the defence.

I'd rather Weir than Stubbs. Stubbs would happily fuck this club over, not an Everton man at all.

Irvine was responsible for much of our attacking coaching which peaked one week after he left with a 7-0 thrashing of Sunderland.

You could argue that is was because he left we started scoring.

Seventeen scored in thirteen prior to that (which was actually 7-1 to be pedantic) while we conceded only eleven.

Previous season we scored less than a goal a game (thirty-four).

Milner is out if contract in the summer... He "could" be available on a free if he doesn't sign a new one.

Very true, in that case him plus someone else and 45 mil.

I just feel that Ross is worth more than 45. I am however open to the idea of selling him if we can replace him with 3-5 quality players. No one player is bigger than the club and we have done ok after selling Rooney and Rodwell. (2 other massive young home grown talents)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't honestly see who would want to buy him at the moment, he has hardly set the world on fire this season. The body language between him and RK is not great lets be honest now, but at the same time, Koeman could just be trying to motivate him, but so far i would question RK's motivational skills in general at times with the whole team, the crowd seem to do a better job. IF this were to happen i certainly don't see it happening till the summer, never going to happen in january.

Stones went for £47m and that was based on Potential and we bought him elsewhere with no emotional ties to the club. Everton may sell their best players at times but we sell high and i really cant see Bill letting Barkley go for anything less than £50m as he is a product of Everton. As much as he frustrates me and all players are replaceable, the reality is i really would hate to see Barkley play for another club. There is no chance we will sell him to Spurs and I cant imagine he would want to go. City or UTD maybe as he wouldnt need to relocate but London im not sure he seems the type.

Barkley is as close to being a world class player yet so far away than any other football player in the world right now.

The difference between awesome and poor is things coming off for him.

Gerrard made a point of when he was mentored by Gary mcallister- "if you lose the ball - make your next pass simple"

It stops doubt setting in.

I actually think barkley does well. With an energetic front line you will see him grow into a class player.

He has all the physical and technical attributes of any top midfielder in the world. Scholes and Redknapp have repeatedly stated that he's top quality - even when things so that going great.

Personally he's the most gifted midfield player I've seen in a blue shirt. Moreso than arteta. It's that final piece that needs to click.

I wouldn't sell him for £50m. That's not me being pig headed - i truly believe this lad will reach that huge potential he has.

The longer we keep him the worse he will get, he needs a top club now surrounded by top class players who are attack minded, next summer he might go for £20m.

At EFC he has no help whatsoever, 3 defensive midfielders !!. Hasn't got a cat in hell's chance.

But the bigger the club, the bigger the expectation and he wont get the same chances.

Im honestly torn over Barkley, id love him to come good but he frustrates the life out of me.

He wont go for £20m thats just silly, and whos to say we wont have more top class players here next season.

The longer we keep him the worse he will get, he needs a top club now surrounded by top class players who are attack minded, next summer he might go for £20m.

At EFC he has no help whatsoever, 3 defensive midfielders !!. Hasn't got a cat in hell's chance.

I don't think we should be setting the club up to just make a profit on players , but rather to improve our team.

And Ross is an Everton fan....to him we are the best club there is.

He is on his own in midfield and consequently runs into two or three defenders, the only people anywhere near him are all behind him.

Just need one Carsley type DM and two attacking midfielders who can also tackle when the need arises. I do feel sorry for the lad cos I can't see him improving much more while he's here.

For most of the Arsenal game McCarthy played further forward than Ross. We might be seeing a change in how we use our midfield.

I feel like I'm smashing my head against brick wall talking about ross needing to play deeper. its so obvious it's frightening. And he looked loads better against arsenal.

All because he takes risks and isn't defensively astute is the reason he isn't deep. I mean ffs pirlo was a deep midfield player who never tackled and certainly never had ross Barkley's ability running with the ball.

Edited by Hafnia