IGNORED

Everton ban Plastic Bottles in seating areas

Lowensda

Just seen this.....

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2011/10/24/everton-announce-bottle-ban?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Everton+Announce+Bottle+Ban

Everton has introduced a ban on bottles being taken into the seated areas at Goodison Park in a bid to protect the safety of supporters.

With effect from Wednesday's Carling Cup tie against Chelsea, fans will not be allowed to take bottled drinks to their seats inside the stadium.

Supporters who buy bottled drinks inside Goodison will be able to use the plastic cups provided.

The new rules are a change to the current regulations covering water and soft drinks. Prior to the fixture on Wednesday, supporters could take bottles of water and soft drinks to their seats but they will now be asked to pour the drink into a plastic cup, which will be provided, before entering the seated areas.

Alcohol has never been permitted in the seated areas and must be consumed inside the lounges or on the concourses.

Keeping supporters safe is a top priority on matchdays and the new ban on bottles will help the Club to reduce the risk of missiles being thrown inside the ground.

The action has been taken following incidents during the recent Merseyside derby at Goodison Park where missiles were thrown towards the pitch.

The Club is keen to take this opportunity to remind all supporters that the throwing of articles towards the pitch is strictly forbidden.

Recent incidents have put the Club in jeopardy of severe sanctions from the Football Association. Any person found committing such an act will be the subject of action by the Club which may include a lifetime ban.

Everton chief executive Robert Elstone said: "The decision to ban bottles from the seated areas within the stadium has been taken to protect the safety of supporters and players on the pitch.

"We want everybody to enjoy the match in safety when they visit Goodison Park and will not tolerate actions that endanger those inside the ground."

:lol: What a joke!

Makes sense to stop those few idiots who threw them in the derby. However:

Alcohol has never been permitted in the seated areas and must be consumed inside the lounges or on the concourses.

Is that right!? I was stopped last time but im sure ive done it before. Was I just lucky?

Keeping supporters safe is a top priority on matchdays and the new ban on bottles will help the Club to reduce the risk of missiles being thrown inside the ground.

It wasnt the supporters who were the target!

Shame.

I take a metal flask into City with me. I'm not sure we're supposed to have them, but loads do.

I'd far rather they said "throw something and get caught and you don't come back".

Imposing all these rules on 99% of innocent fans seems the wrong way to go, even though I do appreciate it's for safety - but it's not going to stop coin throwing is it?

It seems to me like more pandering / knee jerk reaction to the idiots and more imposition on genuine fans.

Let's ban fans taking money into the ground!

I think money will soon be a thing of the past. Everything will be related to an identity card.

If they had a message over the PA system, before the match and during the intervals of the match, it might remind some of the idiots to behave. I hate the 'Big Brother' society that is emerging, but there is an element of people that spoil it for everyone else in every walk of life.

I think the joke is the fans who think it's ok to throw them onto the pitch Ten.

I for one am not condoning the actions of these people but to ban plastic bottles!? 99.9% of the time, people take bottle sinto the stand for....wait for it....drinking out of! This one unfortunate incident has now stopped people being hydrated throughout a game. Tossers. Its stressful enough, now that people can't smoke they drink (one example). I ALWAYS have a bottle of coke throughout a game, its nearly 2 hours without a drink.

They won't be laughing when Bovrils start getting thrown next

Hot or cold?

Let's ban fans taking money into the ground!

I think money will soon be a thing of the past. Everything will be related to an identity card.

If they had a message over the PA system, before the match and during the intervals of the match, it might remind some of the idiots to behave. I hate the 'Big Brother' society that is emerging, but there is an element of people that spoil it for everyone else in every walk of life.

As AVin said Mark, its the cards that will become a future solution to money. Not just in football grounds, its happening everywhere so actually, as jokey as your comment was, its actually not too distant from the truth!

I would be happier if they banned Victor Anichebe from Goodison

As Matt said, hear hear. This was be a grand occasion.

Ten, I don't disagree with your sentiments. I wonder what's happened to society more than anything.

I can understand health and safety, and accidents happen, so probably best not to have glass around crowds, which is why plastic bottles where introduced in grounds I expect. The other issue is the revenue. Will there be a large decrease in sales, which is the last thing the club needs, unless of course the stalls are all leased out, in which case it would make no difference to Evertons finances.

The bottom line is that there is a problem throughout society, that isn't dealt with swiftly or strongly enough. Not being able to smack kids didn't exactly help the issue. You didn't have to smack the kid, just as long as the kid knew you could.

I would be happier if they banned Victor Anichebe from Goodison

Interesting, excuse the cut and paste from Job Centre Plus

Bottle Stasher required for prominent football club

Given recent rules and regulations that have come into place a position has arisen for a bottle stasher. Main duties will include placing a plastic bottle within the kit bag of certain player/players to ensure they are unable to access that stadium on match days. Duties will be given directly by the fans and fans only.

Ideally looking for someone with stashing experience - possibly a failed drug trafficker given your inability to stash well as we are seeking a fairly poor stasher