Liverpool (H)...Tim Howard

Manchester City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Brom (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wigan (H)...Tony Hibbert

Aston Villa (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Blackburn (A)...Tim Howard

Sheffield United (H)...Ross Barkley

QPR (H)...Ross Barkley

I've found it really hard to pick to be honest. Obviously Wolves came to defend but I think we looked very 2D, whether that's confidence or balance. I personally think it's a bit of both. Basically Saha and Cahill shouldn't be playing as a 2 or a 1 and 1 as they take up the same positions (dropping deep) and it leaves us without anyone up there. Maybe Cahill should be dropping back into the 2 in the middle at expence of Osman (who has been quiet for a few weeks) when Rodwell isn't available. I like the thought of Coleman and Drenthe on each wing (pacey and direct) but with Cahill and Saha not getting into the box they've got noone to pick out and that was pretty much the case today... plenty of penetration but no end product!

Thought Ossie had a few good spells but went invisible for long stretches. Drenthe was good in the first half, but after he picked up the knock he stopped covering the distance and only looked alive when the ball go to his feet. Saha and Felli were great, could each have had 1 or 2. I missed the first 20 minutes, but after that they never threatened except when we fouled them, good to see the defence looking more solid.

We're really lacking creativity in attack though. Lumping the ball up in the hope that Cahill will get a flick on to Saha is not an attack plan, it's a joke.

This 4-5-1 system has been found out by every team in the league, it just doesn't create the kind of chances that we can capitalize on. If we're going to lump it, then we need to go 4-4-2. If we're going to stay 4-5-1 then we need to keep it on the deck and we need a more creative spark in the middle with runs being made ahead of the ball.

Great to get a win, but we were still pedestrian and lacking ideas for long periods of play. Stronger opposition would have gotten at least a point out of us on that performance.

Thought Ossie had a few good spells but went invisible for long stretches. Drenthe was good in the first half, but after he picked up the knock he stopped covering the distance and only looked alive when the ball go to his feet. Saha and Felli were great, could each have had 1 or 2. I missed the first 20 minutes, but after that they never threatened except when we fouled them, good to see the defence looking more solid.

We're really lacking creativity in attack though. Lumping the ball up in the hope that Cahill will get a flick on to Saha is not an attack plan, it's a joke.

This 4-5-1 system has been found out by every team in the league, it just doesn't create the kind of chances that we can capitalize on. If we're going to lump it, then we need to go 4-4-2. If we're going to stay 4-5-1 then we need to keep it on the deck and we need a more creative spark in the middle with runs being made ahead of the ball.

Great to get a win, but we were still pedestrian and lacking ideas for long periods of play. Stronger opposition would have gotten at least a point out of us on that performance.

Spot on, why have Saha coming short if Cahill is then on his own?! Much as I love the guy Cahill has not got a clue if it means anything other than to arrive in the box on the end of a cross! FFS I don't think even Vellios is the answer, no movement between the channels, no burst of pace for a through ball or even running at angles for god sakes!

Went with Saha his touch looked really good today, was it just me or was the referee crap again? We appear to have the worst week in and week out!

Thought the ref, bar the 2 pen decisions (theres and the Cahill one) was excellent. Let the game flow, played the advantage wisely most of the time.