IGNORED

Royston Drenthe

Letting Joseph Yobo back into the club would be a shocking decision. End of story.

As for Drenthe I think that hes a really good player but if he's going to be an absolute tit and make the club look like a joke then he can go. I won't have sleepless nights crying about him leaving and I'm sure we can bring someone in who is just as good.

Yobo's contract is up, he wont get a new one.

To get a player as good as Drenthe you will need at least £10m in todays market.

Yobo's contract is up, he wont get a new one.

To get a player as good as Drenthe you will need at least £10m in todays market.

no chance, Drenthe is never a £10m player id say a £4-5m at the most, he is very raw and has a lot to learn bout the game yet before you can put him in that bracket, we could get someone like Jarvis from Wolves for £4-5m, maybe a bit more, last week they were talking £10m for Adam Johnson, Drenthe is nowhere near that level of player imo.

you think jarvis is as good as drenthe?

I know i got them valued at the same but thats only because Royston seems to be a difficult player who isn't going to get any kind of big money move, he won't ever have a high value because he is so difficult to work with, maybe a wrong valuation for Jarvis, it was only an example off the top of my head.

I want to see us making a move for Hoilett, he is a better player than Drenthe, thats who we should be looking at imo.

Edited by theprisoner

I can see what your saying, but i see no reason why we can't go in for him, he will be on a free transfer.

Moyes could watch Messi if he wanted to.

The reason we have no chance is because he's on a free, meaning much more attractive clubs will be in for him who will offer him much higher wages than we can.

Hoilett would certainly fill a gap on that right wing for us. Very effective but quite streaky player in my opinion.

It's certainly worth looking at, I wouldn't rule out us getting him on a free, most of the top 6 have a player in that position already (Walcott, Valencia, Nasri, Lennon, Sturridge, Henderson.... :P )

• 1 month later...

http://www.grandoldt...lt-for-himself?

Heitinga giving a little insight, no details though.

I couldn't see him coming back. Not after Moyes banished him from the club. Like I said, he's an incredibly talented and energetic player who could definitely play for us and a lot of other good squads, but he's such a liability off of the pitch and a hot-headed troublemaker. We'll see, but I doubt he'll end up here again.

Drenthe is a talented player no doubt, but he is a complete tool and i doubt that his talent will ever be recognised because of his stupidity and cockiness, complete waste of a player, hopefully he will one day sort himself out

What is it with us and Dutch wingers?

Guest blueboy122

What is it with us and Dutch wingers?

I think it is just some dutch players cant handle the life of being a footballer, with all the money, celeb status etc.

Guest blueboy122

Just Dutch?

Ofcourse not. From my experiance of Dutch people they all seem abit mad and eccentric all in a good way I am just suggesting that when Money and fame is thrown at them its easy for them to go off the rails. But I suppose him being dutch is irrelavent because it could/would happen to anyone from any country.

Ofcourse not. From my experiance of Dutch people they all seem abit mad and eccentric all in a good way I am just suggesting that when Money and fame is thrown at them its easy for them to go off the rails. But I suppose him being dutch is irrelavent because it could/would happen to anyone from any country.

Have to disagree.

The likes of Sneijder, Robben and van Persie have all had lots of money and celebrity status thrown at them and they seem to have handled it well. I just think that its a mere coincidence that two Dutch players have crashed and burned at our club. If you wanted to say that Dutch people can't handle money and fame then we need to be looking at off-loading Johnny.

Have to disagree.

The likes of Sneijder, Robben and van Persie have all had lots of money and celebrity status thrown at them and they seem to have handled it well. I just think that its a mere coincidence that two Dutch players have crashed and burned at our club. If you wanted to say that Dutch people can't handle money and fame then we need to be looking at off-loading Johnny.

We're led to believe Moyes is :(

Have to disagree.

Seriously, you might want to check that, did'nt Van Persie get accused of rape and sexual assault a few years back.