IGNORED

Our style of football

Avinalaff

I've searched for solid proof one way or another, (It will be there somewhere) but not really found anything worth declaring the situation a yes or no, but it would be unlikely a big company, employing legal teams, would 'breach' trading laws. It wouldn't even be in Everton's interest to do so in this occasion, as the more selling their kit, the merrier. Also other large companies, who also employ legal teams, would certainly use the law, should they want a slice of our cake. For that reason, I'm inclined to think what Everton do would be 'very' above board.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which makes it more unlikely other companies would make the same mistake.

We're first of all 'presuming' exclusivity, so until we have the facts there's not much point in arguing them in a hypothetical scenario. What we do know is that Kitbag signed a 10 year deal with Everton in 2009, and are 'exclusively' an Internet company, meaning you won't be walking into a Kitbag store any time soon.

There is however Everton merchandise being sold here: http://www.soccer.com/Navigation.process?Ntt=everton&N=0&Ntk=Search&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallany&Dx=mode%2Bmatchallany&x=0&y=0

Not really sure what the arrangement is.

if kitbag are the sole didtributor, which they are, they may just choose not to sell it to other companies.

there is nothing to say you have to sell your product to somebody. or they may just say the price is £49.99 per unit if you want to buy them, then there is no mark up, no one would bother. all legal.

http://www.nsno.co.u...-peas-in-a-pod/

Kinda puts pay to the argument about no money = bad football

Levante are proof that the argument is poor. We have the players to better most teams in the league, but we sucome to horrendous negativity of play because we use the excuse of no money. Some teams would love some of our players, some would snap your hand off for our youngsters. Given the right motivation, the right spirit, the right set-up, we can be one of the top 6 teams we wish we could end up as, but of late, we're lucky to finish mid-table.

Levante, that article shows people its not about the money, not about the players, its more than that.

Levante are proof that the argument is poor. We have the players to better most teams in the league, but we sucome to horrendous negativity of play because we use the excuse of no money. Some teams would love some of our players, some would snap your hand off for our youngsters. Given the right motivation, the right spirit, the right set-up, we can be one of the top 6 teams we wish we could end up as, but of late, we're lucky to finish mid-table.

Levante, that article shows people its not about the money, not about the players, its more than that.

Howard: Top 6 keeper

Baines: one of the best left backs in the world - great footballing player

Heitinga: world cup finalist, classy on the ball

Jags: England international - great reader of the game

Hibbert: Poor ditribution, great tackler - a position that we need strenghtening (purchase required)

Fellaini: Top 3 defensive midfielder

Neville: Not good enough - Rodwell or Barkley should be there instead - (bad decision)

Barkley: More class than most in the squad (any team would want him and play him)

Rodwell: maturing into a solid player, england international

Coleman: Not the answer for me but certainly premier league top half player

Cahill: past it, should be last 10-15 minutes

Saha: frustrating but quality on his day

Billy: sell him

Barring the likes of cahill, billy, Neville, we have a very good team and one that can offer a better brand of football that we are used tio seeing at the moment. We have some class players and there is no excuse to be deploying 4-6-0 regardless of the opponents. Arsenal could and should have been 6 goals up at the break.

It's a GOT members post, not a memo from Sir Alex Ferguson.

Since when does anybody on GOT write anything that doesn't involve getting as many 'positive' reps as possible.

I might give radiofriendlyuntitshifter a neg just for ass licking chico in the first paragraph, and watch as all hell let's loose as GOT goes into 'someone gave me a neg' meltdown.

I don't know if anyone else has ever taken either of the Manx ferries (that sail from Heysham and Liverpool), but one of the boats used to be absolutely full of Everton and Liverpool merchandise. I'm not 100% sure if they still do or whether they're allowed to - in fact I'm quite sure they don't anymore, but that is the only place outside Liverpool or the Internet where I've ever been able to purchase Everton goods. Just a point of interest.

EDIT: Although I realise I'm a bit late to the party with the merchandising discussion :P

Edited by adziom

I don't know if anyone else has ever taken either of the Manx ferries (that sail from Heysham and Liverpool), but one of the boats used to be absolutely full of Everton and Liverpool merchandise. I'm not 100% sure if they still do or whether they're allowed to - in fact I'm quite sure they don't anymore, but that is the only place outside Liverpool or the Internet where I've ever been able to purchase Everton goods. Just a point of interest.

EDIT: Although I realise I'm a bit late to the party with the merchandising discussion tongue.png

I have relatives in the Isle of Man.

Have you lived there all your life?

This topic has gone off the rails..

Everton were making losses of half a million a year prior to selling merchandising rights to a retailer.

Everton take a fixed income with bonuses if Kitbag meet sales targets.

Kitbag have made a loss in both years since they agreed to take on Everton.

Incidentally, Kitbag aren't the only retailers of Everton merchandise, Le Coq Sportif's licensee Focus International also sell Everton merchandise on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=clothing&field-keywords=Focus%20International

From February this year, Focus International is 80% owned JD Sports. That's why the kit is rumoured to be from NIke next year.

This topic has gone off the rails..

Everton were making losses of half a million a year prior to selling merchandising rights to a retailer.

Everton take a fixed income with bonuses if Kitbag meet sales targets.

Kitbag have made a loss in both years since they agreed to take on Everton.

Incidentally, Kitbag aren't the only retailers of Everton merchandise, Le Coq Sportif's licensee Focus International also sell Everton merchandise on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...20International

From February this year, Focus International is 80% owned JD Sports. That's why the kit is rumoured to be from NIke next year.

Does their loss mean our loss then Louis?

Are we likely to see our kits in JD sports once it is Nike?

Yeah, although now I'm studying at Lancaster university. Whereabouts? Surnames?

I used to work for a company, and Lancs Uni was a customer of mine.

Is baldy John with the glasses still running the Spa shop there?

As for relatives over there, there are loads mate, but not really looking to give surnames out, no offence. They owned the Granville years back, and the snooker hall over there.

Yeah, although now I'm studying at Lancaster university. Whereabouts? Surnames?

Ah Lancaster....friend of mine did teacher training there thirty plus years ago.

Whenever we went up for parties there were always, for some reason, far more women there than men.

Was like shooting fish in a barrelguns.gif . Happy days.

I used to work for a company, and Lancs Uni was a customer of mine.

Is baldy John with the glasses still running the Spa shop there?

As for relatives over there, there are loads mate, but not really looking to give surnames out, no offence. They owned the Granville years back, and the snooker hall over there.

I don't know, I get served by somebody different every time I go in there.

Fair enough, understandable. I wouldn't know them as owners as either of those places.

---

MikeO - perhaps the lads were too busy with their sports team socials and nights out for parties, certainly seems to be the case these days :P