IGNORED

Pre-match Questions for Kenwright Today

c1982

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is treading a very fine line by saying things like that IMO... Really disappointed.

Disappointed he faces them up like that but the lads shouting shit are embarassing - Kenwright needs to either ignore them or actually talk to them. On that evidence each party is as bad as each other - tittle tattle! - Kenwright took the bait!

Disappointed he faces them up like that but the lads shouting shit are embarassing - Kenwright needs to either ignore them or actually talk to them. On that evidence each party is as bad as each other - tittle tattle! - Kenwright took the bait!

Agree. BU now have another sound-bite to add to their list....Bill will regret it I think.

The more I think about it the more it pisses me off... How on earth have the BU betrayed this club? Does that mean that anyone who agree's with some of their points has betrayed the club? A completely ridiculous thing to say about people who do have the best interests of the club at heart.

Completely agree. It's getting childish now. Bill should not have risen to them, I'm disgraced that they were shouting stuff though. Putting banners up net to where he parked, shouting for answers he doesn't really need to give. idiots. and BK....you're an idiot too.

Poor choice of word 'betrayal'.

He'd had been better advised to just have said "we all want the same thing for this great club, let's just do it with some dignity".

It's such a shame that the most vocal of fans (and often the media focus) is the yobbo/moron element of the fans (all clubs have them). Clubs looks so much better when they have moderate fans acting sensibly and putting forward coherent arguments.

Edit - The fans in the video aren't too bad (compared with many), but shouting for answers through a gate is understandable, but not the real way forwards. 'Who's next... rodwell?" - BK's not going to answer provocative questions like that.

Edited by BlueSky

He did what he does well there does Bill, looking busy doing nothing whilst standing still, then when he opens his mouth garbage comes out. Does he actually think the fans have it in for him for anything other than the fact that he's been assocaited with some monumental failures?

knew you'd love it laugh.png actin like jackals...they're pathetic idiots..same old shit questions..how much for the club bill? unless they wanna buy it's not their concern

Not really Marco, as they said 'it's our club' - he is a major shareholder who has neglected the club. He has presided in a time where we have gone about asset utilisation, increased debt, failed stadium moves and failed investment. Throw in that you can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth and it boils down to the fact that he can not be trusted. I know he was approached by Lerner as a first choice purchase ahead of Villa and third choice West Ham - with that I have no reason to believe that we have not had any further and credible approaches.

people have been over and over and no point me starting to dance with you too :P i want change but i don't agree with underhanded and jackal like methods..proper channels for this stuff..protests are fine if they wanna do that then crack on but to jump on the guy on his way to work..ask him the same questions over and over that i don't think he should answer personally..if they want to know how much make an official bid..if it was a stupid price as been said before it would come out in the press..simple as

and it was on twitter i got called that

Not really Marco, as they said 'it's our club' - he is a major shareholder who has neglected the club. He has presided in a time where we have gone about asset utilisation, increased debt, failed stadium moves and failed investment. Throw in that you can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth and it boils down to the fact that he can not be trusted. I know he was approached by Lerner as a first choice purchase ahead of Villa and third choice West Ham - with that I have no reason to believe that we have not had any further and credible approaches.

Just a side note on Lerner - anyone hear Thompson on Soccer Saturday... Houllier had Cabaye lined-up for Villa in a £4m deal and Lerner wouldn't sanction it. Has Lerner actually been that good for Villa? Yes he put a hell of a lot of money in initially but he's re-couped it all now through player sales. O'Neill, a top class manager couldn't work with him ultimately and they've since had Houllier and now McCleish although McDonald looked positive and had the support of the players when in charge.

people have been over and over and no point me starting to dance with you too tongue.png i want change but i don't agree with underhanded and jackal like methods..proper channels for this stuff..protests are fine if they wanna do that then crack on but to jump on the guy on his way to work..ask him the same questions over and over that i don't think he should answer personally..if they want to know how much make an official bid..if it was a stupid price as been said before it would come out in the press..simple as

I think they are trying to make him walk the plank, simple as that. The odd prod of the sword may get him closer to the edge as I think he may put his picnic blanket down and stay as long as he can. Anway - you all well know my stance on him, so that's that.

people have been over and over and no point me starting to dance with you too tongue.png i want change but i don't agree with underhanded and jackal like methods..proper channels for this stuff..protests are fine if they wanna do that then crack on but to jump on the guy on his way to work..ask him the same questions over and over that i don't think he should answer personally..if they want to know how much make an official bid..if it was a stupid price as been said before it would come out in the press..simple as

Some very valid points marco - we don't think you're a moron, a tit yes but certainly not a moron wink.png

don't mind the tit or the moron to be honest...a bad evertonian is personal though..that is what loses them credit in my eyes..and as for lerner i believe he has been good for villa..hasn't he done a lot on the money making side? people don't want a sugar daddy as said just a stabaliser...and isn't that what lerner did? i maybe wrong but i'm sure i read summat along those lines.

don't mind the tit or the moron to be honest...a bad evertonian is personal though..that is what loses them credit in my eyes..and as for lerner i believe he has been good for villa..hasn't he done a lot on the money making side? people don't want a sugar daddy as said just a stabaliser...and isn't that what lerner did? i maybe wrong but i'm sure i read summat along those lines.

Imagine our fans though... initial investment of £80-90m then we recoup it all 2-3 seasons later - we'd be in a similar situation to what we are in now. That money may have taken us to the next level, who knows? He may have done a better job with our stadium issues? All I know is that Villa fans aren't exactly singing his praise at the moment.

Just a side note on Lerner - anyone hear Thompson on Soccer Saturday... Houllier had Cabaye lined-up for Villa in a £4m deal and Lerner wouldn't sanction it. Has Lerner actually been that good for Villa? Yes he put a hell of a lot of money in initially but he's re-couped it all now through player sales. O'Neill, a top class manager couldn't work with him ultimately and they've since had Houllier and now McCleish although McDonald looked positive and had the support of the players when in charge.

MON spent £120m in 4 years on expensive bench warmers, bringing in just £32m. He wanted more, was refused and told to work with what he had or use players to generate the money, so he spat his dummy out.

Regarding Cabaye "I had the possibility of going to Aston Villa," Cabaye told The People. "But it depended upon whether Gerard Houllier was going to continue in charge and as he ended up not staying I did not join them."

Phil Thompson would say something like that about his beloved Gerrard - ah bless, remember the two of them picking on Robbie Fowler.

Lerner has massively improved the infrastructure at Villa, stadium improvements, a state of the art training ground, increased commercial revenue.

not surprised..many jump on a bandwagon though..i don't know enough about villa to comment really..but if you have a few years of constant investment and then it stops when the guy wants to get some money back as it hasn't worked fully for them and i don't blame him he has no attachment to villa as far as i know..but the fants will get annoyed i guess...although he spent the young and downing money on bent and n'zogbia didn't he?

Lerner has massively improved the infrastructure at Villa, stadium improvements, a state of the art training ground, increased commercial revenue.

Yet Villa are still a lower mid-table team - and Lerner has appointed 2 managers since the departure of MON and many Villa fans look back on the days of 'Deadly Doug' with envy!

not surprised..many jump on a bandwagon though..i don't know enough about villa to comment really..but if you have a few years of constant investment and then it stops when the guy wants to get some money back as it hasn't worked fully for them and i don't blame him he has no attachment to villa as far as i know..but the fants will get annoyed i guess...although he spent the young and downing money on bent and n'zogbia didn't he?

Milner money on Bent, some of the Young/Downing money on N'Zogbia.

Yet Villa are still a lower mid-table team - and Lerner has appointed 2 managers since the departure of MON and many Villa fans look back on the days of 'Deadly Doug' with envy!

Thta's true, but I don't judge the chairman on team results, I judge him on the backing he gives managers - they have been unlucky with their managers, off the pitch they are extremely well run.

That just shows you how fickle some Villa fans are! Lerner spent £24mil (?) on Bent alone!

Had Villa not started the Europa league way back in june or whenever it starts, they may well have broken into the top 4 (but ended up 6th I think). They played some of the best football around and they frequently beat the bigger teams. Under MON they were a very good team, and now that it has been dismantled, MON has gone (and been replaced with 2 average managers) and they are in beginning to get into trouble.